3 posters
AuthorMessage
Victoria
Victoria

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-08-24

bloated  belly  and swollen feeling 5 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloated belly and swollen feeling 5 days post op   bloated  belly  and swollen feeling 5 days post op EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 6:05 am

Gosh, I looked so much bigger the week after my op than when I went in! Moving around helped A LOT. I wasn't able to get down any tablets for it but we got some liquid gas remedy that's made for infants. It actually helped (but with everything, check it's okay with the clinic first!). My husband was rather impressed by my burps during that phase ;) I'm not sure if mine was just from the gas they pumped in to actually do the op, or some other cause but it was all gone around day 10.
If you are in too much discomfort, do contact your surgeon. Always best to be safe!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: bloated belly and swollen feeling 5 days post op   bloated  belly  and swollen feeling 5 days post op EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

A lot of people experience bloating and gas after the op. Is there pain involved?

I would definitely contact your surgeon post haste if you have any little concerns! If you feel a bit bloated, there are people in here who swear by 'De Gas' tablets. Apparently you can get them over the counter from any chemist.
Back to top Go down
crystalblue
crystalblue

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: bloated belly and swollen feeling 5 days post op   bloated  belly  and swollen feeling 5 days post op EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 8:36 am

Hi Everyone,

Everyting is going as good as can be and 5 days post op, but have one issue !!

i feel so bloated, swollen and almost look 9 months pregnant. im just not sure if this is the

a) the gas build up

b) just normal beacuse of trauma caused by the surgery and hernia repair

c) something i should check out??

if anyone has felt like this post op i would love to know what this is!!

Thanks in advance :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bloated belly and swollen feeling 5 days post op   bloated  belly  and swollen feeling 5 days post op Empty

Back to top Go down

bloated belly and swollen feeling 5 days post op
Page 1 of 1