Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatcat10

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-06-10

4 days post op and feeling great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op and feeling great!   4 days post op and feeling great! EmptySat 30 Jul 2016, 2:36 pm

Misstiger thanks for the tip. I'll make sure i drink everyrhing they give me. Fingers crossed & I'll post again after surgery.
Back to top Go down
MissTiger
MissTiger

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-05-02

PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op and feeling great!   4 days post op and feeling great! EmptySat 30 Jul 2016, 12:22 pm

Fatcat10 wrote:
MissTiger
Thanks for your post. My sleeve is scheduled for Monday & I'm getting really nervous.
Hoping to be in hospital one night only & back at work on Saturday. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but your experience does give me hope.

Hey Fatcat10, best of luck with your surgery on Monday, it's an exciting time! My surgeon is very strict on his patients and if there's even a hint that they might be dehydrated, he won't allow them to leave the hospital. My advice to you is to take as many of the liquids as you can whilst in hospital and hopefully your recovery will be quick and you'll be allowed to leave early :)

I'm back at work on Monday :( But luckily I'm in a great routine and feeling good, so the last week has been more of a mini holiday than a sick week!  

Fingers crossed for you :)
Back to top Go down
Fatcat10

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Nervous   4 days post op and feeling great! EmptyWed 27 Jul 2016, 12:56 pm

MissTiger
Thanks for your post. My sleeve is scheduled for Monday & I'm getting really nervous.
Hoping to be in hospital one night only & back at work on Saturday. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but your experience does give me hope.
Back to top Go down
MissTiger
MissTiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op and feeling great!   4 days post op and feeling great! EmptySun 24 Jul 2016, 2:08 am

Meo wrote:
Hi,

My sleeve operation is scheduled for the 26th of July. I also got the flu on Wednesday and went to see my doctor on Friday and he told me to take an antihistamine and gave me antibiotics. Today I feel great and hopefully operation will go smoothly on Tuesday. Pre-op diet has been tough as I have been on diet for 16 days. I have lost 10 kg so far, feeling very positive and hopefully the flu won't come back.
Hi Meo,

Your 10 kg loss is fantastic. Thats really not easy to do, you should be really proud of yourself! Your op day will be here before you know it and those kilos will continue to disappear. Go you!  

4 days post op and feeling great! 542174
Back to top Go down
MissTiger
MissTiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op and feeling great!   4 days post op and feeling great! EmptySun 24 Jul 2016, 2:02 am

metime2016 wrote:
That is awesome news MissTiger!  Good on you.  I hope to recover as well as you did - would make things so much easier.  How are you finding the post op liquids?   Did you struggle with the pre-op diet at all?

I've got the flu in the last couple of days, so frantically trying to get rid of it - they've told me if I still have it they have to reschedule - NO WAY :(   I've come so far now so don't want that to happen!  Surgery date 29/7 - one week today!!!

Hi metime 2016. I didnt struggle at all with the pre-op diet. I love my veggies and found an amazing vegetable soup recipe which I ate every day! It's in the book the doctor gave me, Happy to post it if you like.

I'm coping quite well with drinking everything on the post op diet. The first few days of course were tough with the swallowing part. I know you've probably heard and read a thousand times to sip sip sip but honestly, you learn pretty quickly that anything other than a small sip will hurt. It will sit under your breast bone while it decides whether or not to go down into your stomach, all the while giving you a little pain to remind you that it's still there. Then, if it finally goes down, it will send up tiny burps of relief a bit at a time as a scolding and a reminder not to do it again. Which of course you will until you learn :)

I am struggling with the variety, or lack thereof. Most food options are sweet, (shakes, up 'n go, smoothies, drinking yogurt etc.) but what Im really craving is salty sweet foods. The book I was given does have some soup recipes but only one really appeals to me. It's an artichoke & Parmesan soup and its delicious! That and a packet soup I found at Woolies the other day has saved my sanity. Im not sure that the packet soup is allowed but I'll be asking my nutritionist at my appointment tomorrow. 

I'm sorry to hear about your flu! I understand your fear of a reschedule. Once your mind is made up and the date is set, it's hard not to focus on anything else, the chance it might be delayed would be upsetting. I have my fingers crossed for you! (PS my other half swears by olive leaf extract tablets. Our local chemist told him that he and all his staff dose up on it when flu season starts and they never get sick).
Back to top Go down
Meo

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-06-27

PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op and feeling great!   4 days post op and feeling great! EmptySat 23 Jul 2016, 11:51 pm

Hi,

My sleeve operation is scheduled for the 26th of July. I also got the flu on Wednesday and went to see my doctor on Friday and he told me to take an antihistamine and gave me antibiotics. Today I feel great and hopefully operation will go smoothly on Tuesday. Pre-op diet has been tough as I have been on diet for 16 days. I have lost 10 kg so far, feeling very positive and hopefully the flu won't come back.
Back to top Go down
metime2016
metime2016

Female
Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op and feeling great!   4 days post op and feeling great! EmptyFri 22 Jul 2016, 2:28 am

That is awesome news MissTiger!  Good on you.  I hope to recover as well as you did - would make things so much easier.  How are you finding the post op liquids?   Did you struggle with the pre-op diet at all?

I've got the flu in the last couple of days, so frantically trying to get rid of it - they've told me if I still have it they have to reschedule - NO WAY :(   I've come so far now so don't want that to happen!  Surgery date 29/7 - one week today!!!
Back to top Go down
MissTiger
MissTiger

Female

PostSubject: 4 days post op and feeling great!   4 days post op and feeling great! EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016, 10:53 am

I had my sleeve op on Saturday. The surgeon came to see me on Sunday and was very surprised to see that I was unhooked from everything, including the drip. He was impressed with how well I was doing and agreed to let me go home. I was very happy to hear this (not least because I was a self funded patient, so a reduction in hospital stay from 3 days to 1 means a refund for me woohoo).

So now I've been home for 4 days and recovery has been so smooth and easy. I've got some minor gas pain and get a little breathless if I over exert myself but all in all, I'm cooking, walking and doing my general daily stuff with no problem at all. 

The hardest part so far has been getting my family to stop trying to make me sit and do nothing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op and feeling great!   4 days post op and feeling great! Empty

Back to top Go down

4 days post op and feeling great!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: