4 posters
AuthorMessage
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Allowed Heartburn liquid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed Heartburn liquid?   Allowed Heartburn liquid? EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 3:25 pm

Thanks for the information, luckily my heartburn hasnt been too bad today. Before surgery, when I ate tuna I would get heartburn so I am hoping that it is just a temp thing because of tuna rather than anything else.

Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Allowed Heartburn liquid?   Allowed Heartburn liquid? EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 9:04 am

aha !!! yes flavored tuna is the evil thing!! made me retch at the table yesterday!!! not a good luck at the lunch table!
Back to top Go down
Shrinky Dink
Shrinky Dink

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Allowed Heartburn liquid?   Allowed Heartburn liquid? EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

Hi :O)

I'm on pantoprozole [sp?] 40mg daily but still get reflux if I eat something that turns nasty on me so I carry Chewy QuickEze with me and find they do the trick and really fast too. Flavoured tuna is the usual culprit, but today a third of a banana did it to me this morning and I dared to have ONE pringle this arv and that has set me off again... Beginning to think the daily drugs aren't doing what they ought to!

The great thing about the Chewy Quick Eze is that they also come in a berry flavour which is nice tasting and a good alternative if the minty thing isn't your cup of tea.

All the best with getting it under control! :O)
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Allowed Heartburn liquid?   Allowed Heartburn liquid? EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 7:59 am

Hi Jag ARe you on any reflux meds? I have to say Mr F is hopeless post surgery!I rang him up and demanded a script his nurse said go to my GP! I now take Xantac twice a day and an omeprazole at night...this keeps it under control and stops me spewing every thing up and feeling miserable....HOw are you doing?
Back to top Go down
Jag
Jag

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Subject: Allowed Heartburn liquid?   Allowed Heartburn liquid? EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 9:57 pm

Hi.

I am 5weeks post op and yes I have been using Mylanta with no problems.The heartburn seemed to be worse at night when lying flat.I took about 20mls before i went to bed and that worked fine.I did try Gaviscon but it was very"menthol"tasting and hurt my throat!!Pleased to say the heartburn feeling is going away slowly.
Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Allowed Heartburn liquid?   Allowed Heartburn liquid? EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

I have had a touch of heart burn and was wondering if it is okay to have something like mylanta liquid? I am 2 weeks out of surgery and on soft foods, is it okay to have mylanta any one know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allowed Heartburn liquid?   Allowed Heartburn liquid? Empty

Back to top Go down

Allowed Heartburn liquid?
Page 1 of 1