7 posters
AuthorMessage
mmm
mmm

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-09-11

are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:10 am

J

my sediments exactly I am 4 days away from my op and right now feel tired, hungry and a bit grumpy LOL

MMM Nuts

J wrote:
The first 3-5 days are the hardest that's for sure.. until your body goes into Ketosis then you will feel tired, hungry, grumpy all those wonderful things you've been feeling.

Try and push through it and it's actually quiet surprising how little your body can live off and how much better you feel once you're through that stage.

Back to top Go down
LeanneR
LeanneR

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 6:31 am

Quite the contrary actually. I'm hardly eating anything at all. It's not as if I'm sitting and eating every half hour or something. I get up at 4:30 every week day, have a shake at about 5:15am. Then nothing till 9am where I might have some carrots to munch on. Have a litre of water with diet rite cordial, then I have a sleep at 10 - 1pm having something for lunch weather it be a shake or salad with protein with another litre of water, then I got to work at 2:35pm and by the time finish time comes around I am almost falling over. So I'm not snacking at all! With my job as a cleaner and especially with this heat I need the energy!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 11:59 pm

Don't take offence to this but your body doesn't run out of "energy" as you're calling it that quickly at all.. You're just to used to eating and snacking that its pretty much an inbuilt habbit for you to do it.

Everyone's been there.. you just need to set yourself limits because at the minute it just seems like you keep adding more and more bits on to snack on when you should be being the hardest you can possibly be on yourself to get the best possible post op result you can.

Back to top Go down
LeanneR
LeanneR

Female

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 11:56 pm

Thankyou! I checked with my dietitian. She said I can have eggs as protien. Yay!!! I think I may need to cut ip celery carrots and snow peas to have with me if I need them at work. I work as a cleaner at a primary school. I run out of energy quickly.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 3:47 am

It will get better - the countdown is on and soon this will be a distant memory. I thought I was dying in the first 5 days on opti... I was weak, dizzy, fainting, nauseous, upset stomach but things improved on day 5. I wasn't allowed any meat or artificial sweetener or sauces (so no jellies or diet soft drink or chewing gum) so I made the absolute most of my vegies. There are so many different ways to do them so you don't get sick of the same thing - I found herbs and garlic were just brilliant. I put them in everything and it really tasted like a full meal with so much yummy flavour, even tho it was just vegies and no starchy ones even! Do a search on some of the threads on here cos I know people have posted some recipes.

Good luck! :) you won't know yourself soon!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:57 am

The first 3-5 days are the hardest that's for sure.. until your body goes into Ketosis then you will feel tired, hungry, grumpy all those wonderful things you've been feeling.

Try and push through it and it's actually quiet surprising how little your body can live off and how much better you feel once you're through that stage.

Back to top Go down
LeanneR
LeanneR

Female

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 8:29 pm

Thanks guys, any ideas helps! I'm getting so sick of eating vegies all the time. First 4 days were hell! Everytime I had my meals I couldn't stand to look at another vegie let alone eat one (and I love my vegies). I put it down to my body detoxing. I love having the jellies! They fill you up for a bit. Any other ways to prepare or cook vegies to make them more appetizing? karate are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? 64827
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 8:17 pm

I wasn't allowed eggs or meat of any sort. As we say on here so many times every surgeon/dietician have their own set of guidelines that they follow and they all seem to be a bit different. Probably a good idea to check with him/her if you are unsure.
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 10:34 am

Eggs are a no no

but remember as well as your lean chicken or fish you can have loads of veggies.

I used to make a thick veggie soup for my entree, followed by my chicken or fish with a few salad greens, and then if i was still wanting something a diet jelly. You will be fine and you can do this.

smiles

Mandy
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

Sweetie...I should give you a link to my diary especially to the page where I thought I would try a mouthful of scrambled egg two weeks after being sleeved, when I was still at the puree liquid stage.

Apparently, eggs are QUITE solid! I have NEVER been so sick, or in so much pain EVER since having the sleeve. It lasted for about two hours, and I couldn't walk, I kept breaking out in cold sweats, and I vomited bubbles until there was nothing left. So, no! Don't risk it I say!

OOOPS! Just re read your post! Scrap what I said, its just that I saw EGGS, and I nearly died! LOL!

I wouldn't eat them pre op any way, as the idea of the diet is to strip your liver of fat. Eggs have fat in them. Make sure that you stick to your Opti diet. The best thing I can suggest that if you are really hungry, stir fry your veggies and add a little stir fry sauce for flavour. I did this every night, and still lost 6kg. If you want to replace lean meat with something, try a small tin of salmon or tuna. Stay away from the eggs.

Back to top Go down
LeanneR
LeanneR

Female

PostSubject: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 9:46 am

are we allowed to eat eggs on the pre op liquid diet?

i'm allowed to replace a shake bar or soup with 200g of protien (ie lean meat) i'f i'm hungry (and believe me i always am!) so i was wondering if a boiled egg or 2 are allowed, if i don't have any lean meat with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?   are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet? Empty

Back to top Go down

are eggs allowed on pre op liquid diet?
Page 1 of 1