applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 5:18 pm

The biggest mistake people make when moving from liquids to mushies is they reach straight for stuff the consitancy of mashed potato. You want it runny only gradually thickening it up. Make it run of your spoon to start with add extra milk to the mashed potato until it is sloppy consitancy. Gravy to any wizzed up meat. A tin of baked beans though the blender is a a great source of protien and a great thing to make your other food runny.

If anything feels uncomftable just make it more runny again for another 3 or 4 days then try again with a little thicker. It is not a race. Some people can go straight from liquids to anything but others have hiccups and the making it runny to start with helps.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
wombat
wombat

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 9:57 am

Lib, protein is really important for healing the staple line, providing adequate energy and preventing hair loss and other problems down the track.

In liquids it is hard to get enough protein (I am supposed to get about 70g day), my restricted foods are high fat, high carb things mainly, I will check my book and give you a list. But essentially I am 'eating' anything that I can puree to a smooth liquid consistency to be able to drink through a wide straw....milky yogurt, fruit smoothie, thick soups, chicken and vegies pureed to soup, butter chicken pureed with milk to soup consistency etc.

I tried instant porridge, but had to strain it as the lumps, though soft, aggravated my sleeve. I think they might be too high in carbs for me though as that was the only day I felt hungry (if you can call it that) in the afternoon.

I am now at 100ml per meal, six meals per day plus 1-2 litres of water - although I have not yet managed more than 5x100ml meals or over 800mls of water. I am measuring everything and recording it, as it is too easy to misjudge, or in my case forget to have enough.

My nut has recommended Boomers Pro-longevity protein (whey protein isolate) or the next best thing is concentrated skim milk powder added to drinks, soups etc, because I am not able to get enough protein from meat at the moment (I don't eat tofu or soy stuff).

HTH
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 5:02 am

I haven't taken anything. I haven't been told what to take. I see my dietitian next wednesday, Thats why I was asking for a food list, I haven't been given anything Allowed food list 595690 I would be so lost without this site, thats why I ask so many questions!!
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 4:55 am

your still on liquids? try those suplement shakes they have lots of protien.
I do hope that you are having vitamins.
I take lots because i don't eat / can't eat enough of anything and since had low blood levels in everythiong take lots of vitamins now all levels are normal
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 11:45 pm

I haven't actually been having any protein. I don't think. Not purposley, anway.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 7:56 pm

will it go through a straw?
the creamed corn would be fine in the mushie stage.
remember to fit in your protien 1st
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 6:59 am

Lib, I have a list here that I can give you. Can you pm me your email as I wont put it up on the net due to the fact that I dont own the copyright to it.

Corn - i was told to be careful with at first as it can be difficult for your body to digest.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 6:42 am

What about corn, can I do corn?
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 6:39 am

gee wrong foods?
liquids, anything that goes through a straw.
mushies....all pureed no lumps
gradually make lumps bigger over a few weeks
thats what I did
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Allowed food list   Allowed food list EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 6:22 am

Does anyone have an easy to post allowed food list? Maybe that can be scanned? My guy didn't give me one and I have heard it spoken of!! I don't want to be eating all the wrong stuff!

FWIW I am in the fluids stage.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Allowed food list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowed food list   Allowed food list Empty

Back to top Go down

Allowed food list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: