AuthorMessage
myluckylove69

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Heartburn EmptyFri 19 Dec 2008, 2:30 am

hi

Thanks to everyone that replied.I appreciate your suggestions and wil lplay a bit with them.

brian
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartburn   Heartburn EmptyFri 19 Dec 2008, 1:20 am

Hi Brian, sorry you've been getting so much pain. I've really struggled with this too. I think Chris might be onto something though, the speed and quantity with which you eat really does make a difference. You have to force yourself to only have one little spoonful, chew it up good, then wait a few mins before even contemplating the next spoon. It truly truly makes a world of difference. Plus making sure your food is realy runny also helps a lot. Eggs can be a real problem cause they seem to have claws the grab onto everything it passes on the way down. Try adding some sauce or gravy to your meals to make them easier to slide down. Remember also, no drinking with your meal. Believe me when I say, this just makes the pain worse, ouch. Keep plugging away. I hope you feel better soon
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartburn   Heartburn EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 6:50 pm

Hi Brian
Yes, reflux is a very common side effect of the sleeve op, and lots of us had it before the op too.
You're already taking 2 Somac a day, which is supposed to help with the reflux.
I'm wondering if perhaps you're eating things you're not ready for yet?
At 2.5 weeks post-op, I couldn't have scrambled eggs yet - it was very painful. And when I could have scrambled egg, I had to have it pureed too. So are you pureeing your scrambled egg, or just eating it as normal? You should still be having stuff that can fit through a drinking straw (not the thick shake straws). Perhaps this could be the problem?
Another common problem that causes pain is eating too fast, and at first it seems as though everything is too fast! Or even eating too much - at your stage, just a few mouthfuls could be enough, and if you go one over, it can cause pain.
You may already have thought of / tried these things, but as I don't know, I thought I'd just make some suggestions for you to consider.
If you go to the post-op section and look through it, I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful information for you there.
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartburn   Heartburn EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 2:58 pm

heartburn is just another name for refulux so look for the things that help that :) I take somac.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Jelle
Jelle

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartburn   Heartburn EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 12:59 pm

Sounds alot like reflux or acid reflux - i think theres a few other posts on here about it.
Its common with this op. i think - because of the tubes and things they shove down your throat! - but I think its also associated with being over weight - and the pace/ type of food you eat.
It feels alot like heart burn - its when theres a fault with a valve in the oesophagus ( or however you spell it!) and the acid rises from your stomach up the oesophagus - which isnt lined like your stomach so it burns - there plenty of tablets available for it - check with ur dr.

http://www.abc.net.au/health/library/stories/2006/09/25/1831764.htm

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ellehobson.com
myluckylove69

Male

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Heartburn   Heartburn EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 11:03 am

hi Elle
I don't know what reflux is.i don't know what heart burn is either.My wife called it heartburn.i find when i eat i get a pain in chest that makes you rub your chest trying to stop it.I have not been tracking food.Only just started back at work yesterday. I have noticed it bad at both lunch times and I had scramble egg both days.Only started on puree on sunday.

Brian
Back to top Go down
Jelle
Jelle

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartburn   Heartburn EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:29 am

Hey,
This may sound silly but... are tyou sure it heart burn and not reflux?
I too am just over 2 weeks post surgery and some times get reflux - I had it a few months pre surgery too and thought it was heart burn - but was told it was reflux!
Are you keeping a dairy of what you eat and when? Ive started doing this to see if theres something that brings on the reflux / heartburn as it seems to come only some times after eating.
Hope this helps!

Elle x
Back to top Go down
http://www.ellehobson.com
myluckylove69

Male

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Heartburn   Heartburn EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:53 am

Hi
I am 2.5 wks post op.I am finding i am getting bad heartburn while eating.i am on 2 somac a day for the acid but still getting it.Wondering if others had experienced this and if so when did it stop.any remedies to help would be good

Brian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heartburn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartburn   Heartburn Empty

Back to top Go down

Heartburn
Page 1 of 1