Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Allure

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Heartburn/Indigestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartburn/Indigestion   Heartburn/Indigestion EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 11:51 pm

Thanks Oki Doki,

That makes sense. I'm trying to sit upright alot more like wzrdsleeve mentioned and that's helping a bit.

They are giving me Nexium for reflux once a day through my iv.

I'll just persevere and if I go easy on my new stomach it should settle down soon.

Thanks for your comments. This forum is a huge peace of mind to be able to chat and ask questions of others who have been through it.

Mel :-)
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn/Indigestion   Heartburn/Indigestion EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

Inflammation in the stomach (!) presents itself as reflux, gnawing hunger, light headedness and/or background nausea. So yeah, it can be part of the healing process.

My surgeon gives refux meds as standard - ask the nurse to put a call in & take what he prescribes? He probably leaves standing orders for sleeve patients re: heartburn. What did the nurse say when you told her?

Re tablets: i took a tablet crusher but in the end the nurse halved them with a knife. I asked my surgeon and he said approved tablets whole are fine (probably there are some they dont approve that are too big or sit too long in tummy?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
Allure

Female

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn/Indigestion   Heartburn/Indigestion EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

Thanks Wizrdsleeve,

I threw up each time they gave me panadol tablets yesterday, so last night and this morn I have been given the panadol through iv.

I'm not on anything else other than heparin shots to prevent blood clots and Nexium once s day through iv. If I am in alot of pain I have been told to ask for endone. But it's just the Heartburn that's killing me. No other pain.

I'm looking forward to free fluids today. Only been sipping water and had a couple of teaspoons of jelly yesterday and that was it. I am looking forward to some custard.

I wonder if I can just go ahead and take these chewable Heartburn tablets?? Any suggestions anyone??

Back to top Go down
wizrdsleevemelbourne

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn/Indigestion   Heartburn/Indigestion EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 7:49 pm

i also had my sleeve wednesday, and heartburn is very uncomfortable, im still on iv fentanyl, a strong painkiller, which helps. also sitting upright hrlps, i had 100ml water which was too cold made me a bit queezy, but the painillers are helping me, let me know, also im getting iv panadol instead, notsure if pills would sty down right now
Back to top Go down
Allure

Female

PostSubject: Heartburn/Indigestion   Heartburn/Indigestion EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 7:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I was sleeved on Wednesday afternoon. It's now Friday morning, so not quite 2 days yet. I have really strong indigestion/Heartburn feelings. Is this common?

Another question, the nurses have me taking panadol tablets.. I was under the impression we aren't suppose to be taking tablets? Just liquids in the early stages. I just don't want to do any damage.

I did bring some chewable mylanta tablets for indigestion to hospital.. Just don't want to take them without checking with my Dr. I should see him this morning but I'm that uncomfortable I don't want to wait.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Mel :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn/Indigestion   Heartburn/Indigestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Heartburn/Indigestion
Page 1 of 1