AuthorMessage
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Indigestion and reflux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indigestion and reflux   Indigestion and reflux EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm

I'm giving you link to my hell I went through earlier this year....
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t15036-severe-reflux-and-nausea

There was deffo trigger foods for me too, tomato, wine, anything acidic or strong tasting.

If the general relux meds don't work - demand the test!  It's newly recognised symptom with WLS patients discovered by a Perth Doctor and you must take the course of antibiotics strictly or it can come back be even harder to treat.

You may get side effects (I had to race to the loo often even after eating a peanut) and you might notice a rapid weight loss drop during this time.  Don't think of this as a perk as it takes you longer to recover!! I am now super strict with my diet making sure I get plenty of protein (natural only) and carbs in.  My chemist is brilliant and recommended I take a probiotic during the course - not the standard one that only treats 2 strains. It was another one, cheaper and I feel heaps better after taking it (figured I'd finish the course).  I am also taking Nature's Way Pregnancy Mini's as my Dr said it has a higher concentration of all the multis we need.  He could of just been referring to me as I've had the bypass but it's cut out my afternoon naps.
Back to top Go down
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Indigestion and reflux   Indigestion and reflux EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm

Yep, same. I had no reflux pre- sleeve but now I get it. It sometimes flares up for a couple of days. Right after a meal is worst. I just use quick eze and usually helps. I'm also better at recognising trigger foods.  I find food such as tomato, citrus, really spicy foods, chilli, vinegar, and fatty foods really triggers it (and too much wine). If I'm having a flare up I also try not to eat until I'm full- just eat enough to be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Beachesbabe
Beachesbabe

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Indigestion and reflux   Indigestion and reflux EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 12:12 pm

I had never experienced reflux or indigestion prior to my sleeve….now i HAVE to pop a Somac every day. After my first prescription ran out I thought I'd be fine but after a week and trying Zantac and other over the counter remedies I went to the gp and got another prescription, pop one each morning and am fine.
I also have a friend who was sleeved 18 months ago and same story with her.
My GP did say to have a drink of milk and that occurs more if there is no food in your tummy. 
Hope that helps
Cheers
Gab
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Indigestion and reflux   Indigestion and reflux EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 9:49 am

Hiya kaznik..

I'd only had indigestion when I was pregnant, but have developed reflux since the sleeve. I've been lucky though I guess, doesn't happen too often. I'm a year out now, and I've only needed two prescriptions, so maybe one bout of reflux every couple of weeks or so I think.
Back to top Go down
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Indigestion and reflux   Indigestion and reflux EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 8:17 am

Hi people,  I am just interested to see how many of you have or have had indigestion and/or reflux since getting the sleeve?  I am in almost constant pain/discomfort since I had the op and am wondering if this permanent or not?  

I never had indigestion or reflux before. Confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indigestion and reflux   Indigestion and reflux Empty

Back to top Go down

Indigestion and reflux
Page 1 of 1