3 posters
AuthorMessage
Missjane
Missjane

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-02-06

Severe Indigestion and PAIN Empty
PostSubject: Gallbladder!   Severe Indigestion and PAIN EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015, 6:52 am

You're describing exactly the pain I had when I would have gall stone attacks.  Radiating across the back around bra strap height.  Used to almost pass out with pain.  Happened after eating. 
Strongly suggest a second opinion,  or trip to the ER.

Hope you get good news and relief soon.  Xx
Back to top Go down
makbo

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Severe Indigestion and PAIN   Severe Indigestion and PAIN EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015, 5:47 am

Been at the GP again today absolutely no help at all sent me away in tears, called the surgeon again so i'm back less than 2 weeks after my last visit- honestly I am at my wits end I almost hope I have a big bout tonight cos this time I'll go to the hospital or call an ambulance and maybe then some one will actually do a check up on me. Severe Indigestion and PAIN 878453
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Severe Indigestion and PAIN   Severe Indigestion and PAIN EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015, 2:04 am

I am so sorry you're going through such a tough time, Makbo. I haven't any personal experience to give you but know that many people on this site have suffered from severe reflux too. I tried the search button at the top of the page and found many posts like this one:

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t13590p20-sleeve-to-bypass-for-reflux?highlight=reflux

"Hi Ginka,
I rarely come by here anymore but thought I'd just pop in and I saw your post.  I had my sleeve to bypass revision 2 weeks ago and so far am extremely happy.  I was on 40mg Somac twice a day, 150mg Zantac twice a day and still getting severe reflux that was leading to me taking sick days from work and to missing social events.  I am now still on one somac 40mg in the morning but that's primarily because i'm so soon post op, my surgeon has said that i can trial stopping them at one month post op, and that if i get reflux to go back on them and try again in 3 months.  Right now i'm getting almost no reflux, I'd almost forgotten what that's like!"

If you read through some of their posts you might find some suggestions and at the very least know that you are not alone in your struggles.

hugs Nini
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severe Indigestion and PAIN   Severe Indigestion and PAIN EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015, 1:44 am

How horrible for you. Has anyone checked your gallbladder? That level of pain is often associated with gall bladder pain. An ultrasound is one way to find out and at least rule it out.
Back to top Go down
makbo

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Severe Indigestion and PAIN   Severe Indigestion and PAIN EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015, 9:36 pm

:54678:I am having severe and debilitating bouts of indigestion, can anyone offer any remedies? I am on daily Nexium 40mg and can take other antacids to help manage the symptoms but they are not helping. I've been back to my surgeon who says if in the long run it gets worse (really it can get worse???!!!) he would look at a bypass???? At it's worst I can't sit down or lie down, the pain is in my upper stomach and around my middle back, after about an hour or 2 I can usually get to a point where I can sleep but I have to sleep virtually upright. I have had one incident where I was hyperventilating from the severe pain, and lately it gets so bad afterwords its painful to move around because it feels like I've been kicked in the gut and across my back. I have been to GP's also who keep saying go back to the surgeon and offer no help at all grrrrrr! But I feel like my surgeon is of no help either, it doesn't seem very important to him but i am taking days off work because I'm sooo tired after a bad night. Is anyone or has anyone had this type of problem after having the Gastric  sleeve- I'm 9 months post op. Also I haven't lost any weight for 4 months boohoo is this normal for anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Severe Indigestion and PAIN   Severe Indigestion and PAIN Empty

Back to top Go down

Severe Indigestion and PAIN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: