AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 6:34 am

I never had reflux pre-op, but post-op I have it with a vengeance. 20mg of Pariet a day stops it in it's tracks pretty well.

Occasionally I have forgotten to take it (along with my Multi-V), and can definately feel the difference. I forgot last week, and then was having a few glasses of wine that night, and had to stop drinking as the wine was burning my throat coming back up again. Yuk.
Back to top Go down
Micksta

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 5:52 am

Pre op i was on two 40mg tablets of Nexium a day. When on Nexium it 100% stopped all reflux, even when i was on the red wine and tomato based sauces. Nexium rocks!

Thanksfully post op, i havent had it once, the doctor said there was a small chance the reflux could go, i am not jumping too far ahead of myself, i still have a stash of Nexium just in case, but fingers crossed....
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 6:17 am

I had reflux quite badly post-op at times and yes it has definitely settled over time. I was taking omeprazole twice a day religiously, but now I just take it if I'm having a reflux bout and that isn't very often.

Hope it gets better for you soon! :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 6:02 am

I had reflux pre op and I have it post op.
I had a large hiatus hernia repaired at the time of my sleeve.

Its made no difference what so ever to the reflux.

I have been taking Losec for about 8 years, it controls my reflux very well, but the odd day I have to take two.
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 5:41 am

I do need to have a conversation as he is wanting to cut my reflux meds - which have been working fine for the past two years, I think that's half the problem!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

Slimmer ask Ian to give you Nexium. I tried Somac years ago and it did stuff all for my reflux, but Nexium is a godsend.
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 10:46 am

Is it time to ask the Doc for a different med. I take Pariet and have had no problems at all. There are others that can be prescribed and they may work better for you. Its worth asking
Back to top Go down

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 7:37 am

slimmer wrote:
Does it settle the further out you get? At the moment it is with every meal, or should I say, teaspoon.

Mine was bad for ages, every day. It put me off eating anything!

Now, I am lucky if it occurs twice a week and when it does, it is so minor.

Thank. Dog.
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 4:17 am

Does it settle the further out you get? At the moment it is with every meal, or should I say, teaspoon.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 3:28 am

Yep I had it pre op. I have never ever had reflux before. I only take somac occasionally. But I do mistake feeling hungry for a bout of reflux coming on.
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 3:16 am

Hi has anyone got post-op reflux? I am only three weeks out and suffering with a vengenance everytime I take a tiny bit of anything. I am on 80g of somac a day and off to see my surgeon again soon.

Mostly I was wondering if it settles over time?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post-op reflux? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-op reflux?   Post-op reflux? Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-op reflux?
Page 1 of 1