10 posters
AuthorMessage
auntyamber
auntyamber

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-06-21

feel disappointed with weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 7:32 am

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. Still feeling super disappointed as I hav gone from 103 on surgery date, down to 99.2 and back up to 101 so I'm kinda over it all at the moment. But whatever can't go back so will just have to wait and see what happens
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 7:43 am

I don't think I've lost that much. Since my pre-op diet (which I started 9 weeks ago) I've lost 15kg. That's an average of 1.6kg a week... which isn't as much as some people.

You're not as heavy as some sleevers though OP - and that's surely got to slow down your weight loss. If you were over 200kg it might be moving quicker... but the point is, it IS coming off... and that's something to be thrilled about! Also, this weight will never come back - so be HAPPY!

You're doing well... don't kick yourself about how little you think it is. It's actually a very healthy amount to be losing... and remember, less chance of lose skin if you lose it slower.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptySat 22 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

Straight after surgery I did not lose much. I was lucky to lose a kilo a week untill I got onto soft food. I also found I could not drink much water and water really effects my weight loss.

It will come off. Some people have a slow start. I am one of them.
Back to top Go down
live-love-laugh
live-love-laugh

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptySat 22 Oct 2011, 2:24 am

Thanks Shelley, i'd love to get your opinion. Would you like the totals per day of cal/fat/carb/pro or a list of individual items??
Back to top Go down
Jag
Jag

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Subject: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyFri 21 Oct 2011, 11:04 pm

Dear Aunty Amber,

Dont lose heart.I am 5weeks post op and my weight has bounced from 138 to 137 and back for the last 3 weeks.Yes I was disappointed but after going away for 2 days to attend a funeral and eating small but shockingly(middle of sausage roll,mince pie,burger!)I got on scales today and have dropped to 136!A kilo and a half in 3 days.Well that was all it takes as I feel so happy and energy has shot thru the ceiling!Amazing how the mind declines when the weight isnt shifting??Just hang in there Girl!
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

Hi auntyamber, I am 2 weeks post op today. I lost 7 kg in the first 9 days and absolutely nothing since. Which really doesnt make sence as i am only on small amounts of mushy food & liquids!! Hang in there it will come off, I like others wise quotes "slow & steady"!!
Kate
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 11:27 am

if you like post you daily intake-food/drinks /exercise here and we can see if there is anything that stands out or if its just coming off slowly naturally.About 1 to 1.5kg per week is safe and healthy but everyone is different and excerising is usually the trick to really get it off quicker.

shelly
Back to top Go down
live-love-laugh
live-love-laugh

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 10:46 am

I'm losing reeeeeeealy slowly as well :-(

I dont know what I'm doing wrong but I'm definitely struggling
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyWed 19 Oct 2011, 11:01 am

yep everyones different-I averaged a loss of 1kg a week after surgery-slow and steady wins the race!!!!

shelly

feel disappointed with weightloss 446871 feel disappointed with weightloss 217555 feel disappointed with weightloss 446871
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 9:16 pm

Don't worry, this also happened to me! It was strange how everyone else seemed to have dropped like 10kg in the first 2 or 3 weeks and I dropped only 2... but I was more of a steady sort of loser. it kept coming off and here I am 54 kg later :) I do need to stop slacking with snacking to shift these last kgs tho.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

I agree, stop worrying.

The first month is a bit hit and miss with the weight loss.
Some lose some don't
The body is recovering from major surgery and you are not eating much.

I found I started to lose once I got back onto normal food.

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

Don't worry, Auntyamber, it will work. Everyone reacts differently to the op, and some have even been known to weigh more afterwards - but just for a short time.

feel disappointed with weightloss 217555
Back to top Go down
auntyamber
auntyamber

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

Feeling really really disappointed right now, I am 2 weeks and 1 day out since surgery and have only lost 1.5kg, It seems all the others people journeys i have read have all lost lots in the first 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feel disappointed with weightloss   feel disappointed with weightloss Empty

Back to top Go down

feel disappointed with weightloss
Page 1 of 1