AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 2:49 am

No suggestions other than to stop stressing.

You're only early out from surgery, weight loss right now shouldn't be your focus... Recovering should be.

Just focus on getting your fluids in... The weight loss will kick itself up a notch once you get back onto solid foods.
Back to top Go down
Freaky71
Freaky71

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 12:30 am

Hi all,

I too feel what Brooke is feeling having lost 10.3kgs at the 1.5wk post surgery mark and yet now at 2.5wks have only lost another 1.1kgs.
I know that I should accept any loss as a positive but I'm finding it's doing my head in regardless of the increased exercise I'm doing.

On top of that, my surgeon wants me to reach 20kg loss by my next visit in October and I'm freaking out that that won't happen.

I'm struggling to get my protein in so have resorted back to protein shakes to try and bring that up. Any other suggestions whilst I'm on puree?

Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 8:53 am

Don't be unhappy just remember back when it was the other way round, weight would go up not down, at least now its heading in the right direction hey! LOL also if you loose more than a Kg a week it's not usually fat but more a combo of fat and muscle - you don't want to loose muscle as that's what helps burn the fat!!

More muscle mass means more energy is required to maintain them ie you burn more fat.

Good luck with the Journey ladies and remember the weight is going down - doesn't matter how slow just so long as it goes!

Also remember this is a Marathon not a Sprint race - pace yourselves, you will get there in the end.

Cheers
Scott
Back to top Go down
Blackchook
Blackchook

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 8:50 am

Dr Gordon Padovan was my surgeon. He is excellent. I had no complications and the whole process has been very smooth.

I am just excited for it to happen quickly! But the weight I have lost already is very noticeable - my face shape has changed and I can feel it in my clothes for sure. In 2 weeks I will also be allowed to exercise so I think that will also make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Teenadee

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-11-21

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 8:43 am

Hi there I have a friend who was sleeved in may and she has only lost 16 kilo all up.
who did your operation ???
I hope it speeds up for you soon :)
Back to top Go down
Blackchook
Blackchook

Female

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 7:55 am

Thanks peeps. All good, I am making sure I am getting enough fluid and protein each day. I know the weightless will happen. I already feel a lot better just losing this much!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 5:22 pm

Hi Brooke..

We all will have stalls at different stages in our weight loss. For me I realized eventually that I often stalled when I wasn't getting enough protein in...if you're not already keeping a food diary, it's worth doing so just to make aure you are getting enough of the right kinds of calories in...i used calorie king for a while,,,it was free.

Also, as Vegas said, it's worthwhile checking your measurements and/or how your clothes are fitting for a better sense of what's happening with your weight.

S
Back to top Go down
Vegas
Vegas

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:36 am

Hi Brooke

I have been told that it is a good thing when your weight loss slows especially after large weight losses. Remember you have lost over 10kg in a month your body needs time to adjust. I was also told it is a good thing otherwise your body burns out.

Make sure you measure too as you may be losing cm when your not losing weight.

It comes do not worry and as I said over 10kg in a month is amazing good luck with it

Back to top Go down
Blackchook
Blackchook

Female

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:02 am

Hello Sleevers

I was sleeved 1 month ago and I lost 10kg in the first 2 weeks and then only really 1.5kg in the next 2 weeks - and I am still only eating fluid and puree - and not a whole lot of it.

When should I expect the weight loss to become more regular? My surgeon told me it should be about a kilo a week of weightless after the first month.

P.s I am missing junk food immensely however I am not hungry at all. Definitely a mental thing. Has anyone else had these problems?

Brooke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow weightloss   Slow weightloss Empty

Back to top Go down

Slow weightloss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: