AuthorMessage
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

Starting my pre-op diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 12:44 pm

Well, as planned, I had a bit of a blow out on my birthday, but I'm glad I had the courage to jump back on the bandwagon, and go buy Optifast at the chemist this morning.

No excuses this week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
Angeltoes
Angeltoes

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 12:10 am

Hi Andrew... I was just looking around the site wondering where to start when I cam across your post. I am in Geelong too, so I thought I'd drop a line to say good luck.
I haven't heard of your surgeon. Darrin Goodall-Wilson is doing mine, also at St John of God, on October 31st.

I look forward to following your success :)

Starting my pre-op diet 542174
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet EmptySat 15 Oct 2011, 7:13 am

I am starting my pre-op diet on monday 17th October ...........
Back to top Go down
Micksta

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 5:09 am

Hey Andrew,

Welcome mate. We are pretty much the same weight. I started at 159kgs on 2nd Sept with my first appointment. I introduced the optifast a couple of weeks later just at dinner as i found thats when i eat the most. I went full time Optislim on Sunday of the long weekend. Have dropped 10kgs. Hopefully will lose a couple more by monday when i get 'sleeved'.

I also am doing it for health reason. I am currently on 3 lots of BP tabs & Cholesterol tabs. Have a family history of diabetis, but am lucky enough not to have it... if i dont have surgery and lose the weight it will be just a matter of time.

All the best with weight loss and keep us all updated.

Mick
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 12:43 am

Thanks everyone :)
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet EmptyWed 12 Oct 2011, 8:41 am

hi Andrew

welcome and i wish you great luck on your intended weight loss path.

Erin
Back to top Go down
Trac
Trac

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet EmptyWed 12 Oct 2011, 4:51 am

Hi Andrew,

Well done for considering your sleeve for health reasons. I too chose a sleeve as I have a heart condition which contributed to my weight gain and limited my physical activity. I can't help you out much with the Opti tricks, I just skulled my shakes so I didin't have to taste them for to long, I was only on them for 2 weeks. I am sure if you search the site you will find good tips from those who were long time Opti users. See Jacko's posts - Diary 'The biggest guy here', he is a truely inspirational guy.

Anyway all the best with your goal of Dec 7, I am sure you will make it. Starting my pre-op diet 446871
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male

PostSubject: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet EmptyWed 12 Oct 2011, 3:25 am

Hi folks,

yet another newbie here.

I am seeing Dr Kiroff in Geelong Private (or St John of God, need to check paperwork!). He did my wife's unbanding -> gastric bypass, and so I am pretty sure that I'm in good hands.

However, I'm not leaving much to chance. He wanted me to lose 10-15 kg by December 7 as my liver is so large.

So I'm starting on a partial Optifast now (measured breakfast, optifast for lunch, veges and optislim meal for dinner) during October, and I'll go to the full optifast / optislim thing in November if that doesn't shift the required weight. I must say after 2.5 days, Optislim is ridiculously sweet and Optifast ridiculously unsatisfying. I will need to investigate ways to make this less awful without slowing the weightloss.

I'd hate for my surgery to be postponed. I'm starting out at 162.5 kg on Sunday, and I want to be around 150 kg or just a bit under that by December 7.

My goals are not weight but disease related: I want to be diabetic symptom free, not have to use my CPAP, and not be on Diabex, high blood pressure or cholesterol tablets. There is obviously a weight in my mind that I probably didn't have these things, but ... I will take what I can as I go down in weight.

thanks,
Andrew

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting my pre-op diet   Starting my pre-op diet Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting my pre-op diet
Page 1 of 1