Part of the furniture
JenBen

Female
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2012-08-01

Starting out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting out   Starting out EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 8:08 am

Nara,

With the sleeve you really need to get the best bang for your buck, nutrition wise. You are eating so little that you need nutrient dense foods. Most sleevers comply with this and most dieticians/surgeons will drive this point home. You will hear the mantra about protein first. It becomes second nature.

That being said, with the sleeve there isn't theoretically anything that you can't eat. That is the allure for some. Foods that are too oily and/or sweet can be a pain in the bottom and tummy but you tend to learn that lesson pretty quick. I personally find I can't tolerate potato and to some extent pasta, rice and bread. That's just me though and I'm not complaining. I can manage a small to regular'ish salad with almost no problems though, despite it being quite dense food.

I am 5 months out and 35kgs down. My diet is pretty healthy and nutritious. I have little desire for crappy food. I don't mind indulging on occassion though and I have yet to go somewhere and not be able to eat something on the menu. Even survived a 4 course work lunch without looking or feeling weird.
Back to top Go down
debrobdan

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Starting out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting out   Starting out EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 12:43 am

Hi Nara

I had the sleeve 5 months ago I have had no problems at all you just seem to adjust once you know what you can eat. I still go out for dinner but I order things that wont make me feel sick anything cooked in to much oil is a nightmare after the first 2 mouthfuls you dont want any more so your brain trains itself not to eat fried things cause it is yuk thats my theory anyway and it works I have lost 40 kg since 10th sep 2012 and feel great .I only go to the gym every other day some weeks I dont go at all .

I hope you feel the same when you start your journey good luck
Back to top Go down
Nara

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-20

Starting out Empty
PostSubject: Starting out   Starting out EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 10:09 pm

I am about to make an appointment with a surgeon to have a sleeve done, opting for a sleeve rather than banding because it is a one stop show, do not have to go back and have adjustments, and from what I have read, seems to be more successful.

On reading some of the chats here I see that some who had bands went back for sleeves.

One thing I wonder at, it seems some people are still eating foods that are really not good for them, I hope to leave my bad habits behind me as I think going to this extreme and then sabotaging with poor food choices is just sad.

The thing I really need to do is ramp up my exercise regime!!

good to meet you all and hoping to hear more success stories as I wait for my appt....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starting out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting out   Starting out Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting out
Page 1 of 1