Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

New Kid on the Block!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 1:06 am

Hi SuzSexton,

Welcome to you too :-) sorry I missed your post. Congratulations on your upcoming sleeve, your 3 months will fly by I am sure.

Like you, I feel I had a lucky escape after initially enquiring about a band. I am so thankful that my wonderful surgeon told me ALL the options that were available as I had never heard of the sleeve until then.

I look forward to talking to you more and sharing your journey.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 12:53 am

Hi FabFit and welcome,

Congratulations on your decision to have your sleeve op. It is a big decision, but it is so, so worth it. I had mine in Feb this year and truly believe it's the best thing I've ever done.

Have a good read around the site, there is a lot of great information here to help you through. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries in particular are a good place to start, along with Pre-op & Post-op sections which should be helpful too. And in the October Sleevers section you will find other members who are at the same stage of you.

Please also have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works and if you want to put a ticker in your signature, the instructions are there.

If you still have questions, ask away, there are lots of lovely people here who will do their best to help.

It's great to meet you and I look forward to talking to you around the site.

Cheers – Carrie
Back to top Go down
fabfit2010
fabfit2010

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 1:20 pm

Hey guys,

What a windy day in Sydney today! OMG! ... Thank you all soo much for you warm welcome..I really do feel the support here. Tempest, you look fabulous, you look like you are somewhere exotic! I cannot wait to feel as good as you do!
Suzsexton - looking forward to sharing and comparing notes too! Best of luck to you...:0)
Elle81 - Thank you soo much for your kind words 'wish you all the luck in the world'... Ditto, I really appreciate that! All the best of luck to you too, its exciting to go through this with you all.
Mapmar - So so true, keeping it off is just a huge challenge! Lucky for us we are able to get some real help with that.... all the best to you.
neljatye - So great to hear from another Dr Talbot Masterwork! You sound like you are very happy with him and your new sleeve. Congratulations on your progress thus far! Heres to many more kilos to pass...

Yay!... its almost time. Big hugs all round!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 7:18 am

Welcome Fabfit,

So happy that you have joined us, you have come to the right place for support.
I like you thought that I could do it myself BUT after putting back on everything that I would lose each time gave myself a gift for my 50th.
Best thing that I ever did.

If you ever find yourself waivering go to the gallery, that is where all the real stuff is. It is just us girls that are brave enough to put up before and during and after shots. That was what kept me so very excited about getting this done.

I love my sleeve..................
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
SuzSexton

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-22

PostSubject: Newbie, just starting   New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 10:29 pm

I started the process this month. Thankfully my insurance only requires 3 months of pre op dr supervision.
I am so looking forward to the surgery. I had looked into the Lap-Band a while back...so glad I didn't do it! I don't think it was the best option for me. The Sleeve seems like a perfect fit for me. I am needing to lose 100= lbs. I am excited to find this board and even more excited so see so many Aussies and Kiwis on here!
I have found you guys to be the nicest friendliest people ever! Some of the people I love the most are from Oz and N.Z.

Can't wait to get to know everyone one and read your stories!

Suz
Back to top Go down
Elle81

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-08-16

PostSubject: Re: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 8:51 am

Hi, I'm new here too, don't have a date yet just an appointment in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to reading your journey and I wish you all the luck in the world!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 8:42 am

welcome..... basically until I realised that the losing weight wasn't the problem but the keeping it off was I could not even contemplate surgery. Once I realised that it was the keeping it off... well 8 months later I couldn't be happier!
Have fun reading all of the posts... take care!
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 8:01 am

Hi fabfit,

I was sleeved by Michael as well and he is an awesome Surgeon and very easy to talk to... you will love the rest of your journey now...most of us have come to the same conclusion ....that we just can't do it and keep it off and that we always gain more after a DIET! The sleeve is geat and relatively easy to cope with...as i have been finding out.....good luck and welcome.....
Back to top Go down
fabfit2010
fabfit2010

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 7:57 am

Hi everyone,
Well, I am only a few weeks out from having my gastric sleeve with Dr Talbot at St George Private, NSW. This is the 5th time I have gone through all the motions towards having weight-loss surgery and then gotten so nervous I didnt go through with it. Something just kept telling me I could do this naturally! I felt like somehow I needed to fix my head for my weight-loss to be sustainable and that surgery will not serve me well if I hadn't done that.

However, I have come to the conclusion that my body is not going to wait until that happens because after every 'natural' attempt to lose weight, I lose motivation and give up and its back to square 1 and then some! Gosh.. Time is ticking and I need to get going even if my head isnt entirely up to scratch, I'm pretty sure that losing the majority of my weight will do wonders for my mental state!
So with that said, I am going to be hanging out on this forum a lot for support and to share my experiences! I am really looking forward to forging new friendships and hope all goes well with everyone who is waiting for the day and those who have started the journey!
Thank you all in advance, just looking at the forum as is, I know you will help me get through this! Cheers :0)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Kid on the Block!!!    New Kid on the Block!!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

New Kid on the Block!!!
Page 1 of 1