6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

should i be worried? Empty
PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

Hey RS,

As it turns out I lost a couple of kg while in hospital, but I went in to my surgery not expecting to lose anything in the first week. I think I just had the mindset of "what will be will be" and figured I had more important things to worry about in the early stages of my sleeve than what the numbers on the scale were doing. Because of that I haven't been too worried about my scales at all so far (I'm 2.5 weeks out). Just because you're not losing weight now it doesn't mean you won't. Stress not, it'll happen. Just make sure you concentrate on getting you well, rather than on the numbers.
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 10:36 am

thanks isis, this is my worry too, should i of stayed in hospital longer because i'm struggling as i get everything down, it kinda hurts and i feel every aspect of it going down!

ahh well, can't go back in now LOL
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

Hey raspberry,

Don't worry - I was exactly the same! Even down to the oesphagus situation (I ended up staying in hospital 5 days cos i had to stay on a drip longer than I should have). I also didn't lose weight instantly like some people do. I only lost 2kg in the first 3 weeks (when a lot of people lose 10kg or more), but once it started moving it was steady and consistent. Here I am 8 months later and almost 50 kg lost.

Good luck, don't panic and enjoy the weight loss now the op is done! :)
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 8:44 am

thanks ladies :) just a worrier by trade teehee!
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 8:06 am

Yes raspberry swirl, as everyone has said, your body is just getting over surgery. There will be a lot of fluid travelling around your body to assist in healing. Your weight will soon start to drop dramatically, and then you will wonder when it will stop! Hang in there and enjoy the ride. Glad to hear your surgery was uneventful.

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 12:42 am

yep dont stress your weight may fluctuate even though your hardly eating anything and may not move for a while them bam it falls off again.Dont let this mess with your head,the scales are not always the best guide,youll feel it in your clothes as the weeks go on.
I only used to weigh myself every 2 weeks after i had the op so i didnt get hung up on scales.
if i was you i wouldnt be on the scales any more than once a week

shellyxxx
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

teehee.... relax! yes, silly me :)

thanks chickie!
Back to top Go down
crazy_ma64
Part of the furniture
crazy_ma64

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 12:25 am

Hey Raspberryswirl,
Dont worry, just relax and let your body heal mate. You have been on a drip I would presume and that is a lot of fluid. Today is only Friday and if you dont get your head into the right frame it will be so hard for you to heal and just generally get used to your brand new Tummy. It will definetly take at least 3 months for your body to feel better YOu have just had MAJOR surgery silly.
Relax, this is the beginning of a whole new journey to a new you. should i be worried? 63412

So the magic word for you today is
Relax Relax relax.

We really need a chillout emoticon haha
Repeat after me........
I will be fine, I will heal, I WILL lose weight, I will relax.

hahaha Juls
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: should i be worried?   should i be worried? EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 11:58 pm

so i had my op on tue - it seems a lot of people have weight falling off them instantly but i'm the opposite, i've put on around 200grams.

i'm very tender and swollen, can't breathe deeply and my esophagus is still swollen so drinking is like a 2 part process, goes down really really slowly then finally in my belly.

should i be concerned i haven't lost anything yet?? this was my pre op worry i just wouldn't lose weight....

what is normal?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should i be worried?   should i be worried? Empty

Back to top Go down

should i be worried?
Page 1 of 1