koontakintay_1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
koontakintay_1

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-19

don't know what i was worried about !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 10:23 am

Thanks MK - I am totally stoked with my progress.

Went back to the dietician today and she has started me on the pureed foods tonight (I am now 2 weeks post-op).

I had some chicken breast (no skin ofcourse) off a BBQ chicken, a couple of bite size pieces of carrott and potato and blended it with some runny chicken supreme gravy ...... and I have to say it went down a treat !!!! I was a bit worried going into this next phase, worried about actually eating food and my stomach exploding or something (yes I am a bit of a drama queen at times), but it was really nice and I didnt really get any burping afterwards like I did when I was on the fluids only.

I only ate about 1/3 cup in total over about 25 minutes and I felt quite full after than .... just have to not look at it too much as the purreed food doesnt look that appetising, certainly tastes better than it looks. Anyway I will be giving a sloppy weetbix a go for brekkie tomorrow, but I now feel like I have reached another milestone !!!!

Koonta
P.S Hate the dieticians scales, they always add an extra 2kg's onto me !!!!!
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyTue 25 Nov 2008, 2:10 pm

Koonta well done 18kg is amazing! What an inspiration! Keep going, girl!!
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyTue 25 Nov 2008, 2:12 am

Wow Koonta, you've done amazingly. Keep up the good work. Good luck with the mushies...just take it slowly and keep them runny.
Back to top Go down
koontakintay_1

Female

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyTue 25 Nov 2008, 2:03 am

Thanks Kyles.

Well i went back to my surgeon today for a follow up and he is happy with everything. He upped my nexium to 40mg twice a day to see if that will get rid of my heartburn, but other than that I feel pretty good ..... just gotta keep sipping all day !!!!

To date - I have now lost 18kg's in 6 weeks !!!! 10kg's on Opti in the 4 weeks prior to surgery and 8kg's in the 2 weeks post surgery. I know this will slow down once i start eating, but it is a great kick start and motivator for me.

I see the dietician again tomorrow and will hopefully start on pureed foods, although i dont know how i will go with these as i am a fussy eater ...... on the plus side I am still not hungry which is great !!!!

I have started my walking again but I am not allowed to lift weights for a few more weeks.

Anyway I am feeling good and totally motivated.

Koonta
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyFri 21 Nov 2008, 6:51 am

oh well done to you...you go girl

I soooo love hearing stories like that...they truly do make my day (I am long long away from my op) and give me so much incentive and the thoughts that I am making the right decision

**prays for a recovery like Koonta**
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyThu 20 Nov 2008, 2:58 pm

Koonta, you're doing fantastic!!
And Molly, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyThu 20 Nov 2008, 5:21 am

Welcome Koonta, your weightloss so far is exceptional, you should be thrilled. I'm so glad your op and recovery is going so well. Good luck next week Molly.
Back to top Go down
koontakintay_1

Female

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 10:31 pm

Hey Molly,

I am sooo excited for you, you will not know yourself after the op. You have nothing to be nervous about, I'm sure everything will go great and this time next week, whilst you are recovering in hospital, you will be thinking what was I worried about !!!!

I am struggling to drink my Sustagens, also cos i only just like the chocolate one - and that isnt even that nice. I bought a drink from the supermarket called Protein Revivial in coffee flavour. My dietician kept talking about trying to get enough protien, and this drink has twice as much protein, but same carbs and fat and calories as the sustagen, plus it tastes quite good. I also got some V8 fruit and vege juce and am going to try some of that today.

However - I'm still not hungry. It is so bizarre for me to not be hungry and the thought of actually eating something is just so not appealing to me at the moment - love it !!!!!!

Good Luck for your op on monday - I will be thinking of you - this will be the tool that will help you reclaim your life (well that'd how I feel about it)

Koonta
Back to top Go down
Molly

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 10:27 am

Hi Koonta,

Im in Wollongong being sleeved next monday (24th) - getting very nervous now so your experience is going to calm my nerves - thank you..

Wow - 16kgs is fantastic!! im on the Opti at the moment and have lost 4.3kg!! great start and I cant wait for my new tiny tummy so im not feeling soo damn hungry : )

I look forward to you posts to see how your going - since your 1 step ahead of me..

Cheers,
Molly
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 8:19 am

I hope that after my surgery I feel the same as you!

It's great that your recovery has been going so well.
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 7:48 am

Wow both you two are doing fantastic! I can't wait to find out when my date is and get started on my weight loss journey!
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 6:36 am

Hi there congrads on being a sleever now isnt it bloody fantastic its the best thing ive ever done for myself i love my tiny tummy ive been sleeved nearly 5months now hope it just continues to be trouble free for you

Cheers Sue don't know what i was worried about !!! 63412
Back to top Go down
koontakintay_1

Female

PostSubject: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 4:48 am

hi all,

just joined this forum.

i was sleeved last week on the 12.11.08 in newcastle nsw. surgery went well and 1 week post-op, i am thinking what was i worried about !?!?! i have had no major issues and i came home on monday.

since the op, i have lost 5.5kg's and since i started on the optifast and including my weight loss this last week i have now lost 16 kg's - 16kg's in 5 weeks, i still can't believe it !!!!

i know the weight loss will slow down to a lower number each week once i go on solids, but i feel so motivated that i have lost so much and it gives me a great kickstart !!!!

koonta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: don't know what i was worried about !!!   don't know what i was worried about !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

don't know what i was worried about !!!
Page 1 of 1