Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start.   Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start. EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 1:15 pm

Hi Nat,

Here's a link to the APRA site:
http://www.apra.gov.au/superannuation/early-release-of-superannuation-benefits.cfm

Here's the information brochure:
http://www.apra.gov.au/Superannuation/upload/APRA-ROB-Brochure-v5-15-Dec-2008.pdf

Here's the guidelines for your Dr:
http://www.apra.gov.au/Superannuation/upload/SA_ROB_MED_032009_temp.pdf

Here's the form you need:
http://www.apra.gov.au/Superannuation/upload/APRA-ROB-Form-Medical-or-dental-23-Dec-2008.pdf

I hope that helps.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start.   Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start. EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 11:33 am

You can certainly do that, remember you do have to pay tax on the money you take out. I think people say about 20%. To get things rolling you need a letter from both your GP and surgeon written in a VERY particular way to get them to aprove you. If you read the other info in this section of the forum and talk to your surgeon, most know what to put down you should be fine. Do know tho this can take time so allow for this when booking surgery. I gather APRA is not inclinded to give you money you have already paid out, they think if you found the money you dont need it from super, so getting it before you have to pay tends to be important.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start.   Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start. EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 10:45 am

Hi Apple,

I do have private health cover and have had for like 8 years.

I still might need to access some super to cover the out of pocket expenses.

I imagine I might find out more on the 29th at the surgeons appointment.

Should I wait until then?
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start.   Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start. EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 10:04 am

seriously consider taking out private health insurance and waiting the 12 months to be covered. the time does go fast and the saving is massive.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start.   Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start. EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 9:48 am

Hi guys,

Ive been reading through the posts on here and would like to access my super to pay for the sleeve. The problems I have are:
a) I dont know where to start- can someone give me a step by step thing about what i do? I know i need to apply to APRA and what not- i just dont know what to do; and
b) I am in a fairly good paying job and Im worried they will say that I earn too much and wont do it.

Im supporting my partner who has hurt his back and can only work part time. We also have a 6 year old daughter.

What do i do if they reject it?

And if someone can help me with with a step by step thing about what I do, I will be very grateful.

I dont mean to sound dumb, I have some mental health issues and sometimes I get overwhelmed by things.... like this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start.   Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start. Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help please? I just dont know where to start.
Page 1 of 1