Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Worried..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worried.....   Worried..... EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 8:48 am

Hi roxygirl,

I'm almost 12 months out and I am still experiencing this! I can eat so much more than in the early stages. Sometimes over eating causes it or from spicy foods (i love thai and chinese food but it doesnt like me!)

I've also had it once when I have something that's too sweet for me (tried an iced chocolate drink).

My whole body sweats and I go pale and I feel really sick. It usually passes within about 10-15 minutes. I guess you need to listen to your body and learn what foods are going to have an effect on you and avoid these as it may not be just in the early stages. The feeling certainly scares me back into takin it easier for a while!

Best of luck with your journey..
Hayley
Back to top Go down
Curvychick71
Curvychick71

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Worried..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worried.....   Worried..... EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 7:41 am

Was it particularly spicy? I used to love thai spicy food but can not handle it anymore, even at nearly 4 months post op. I also find that I eat too fast when I am out with other people. When it has happened to me I have had a very sore tummy after and had to take it easy. It will take about six weeks or more from op for you poor little tummy to heal.

Good Luck xx
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Worried..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worried.....   Worried..... EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 6:20 am

Hi

Most people I have spoken to have experienced this at least once especially in the early stages. Don't be to hard on yourself it is a learning curve. It takes time to learn new eating behaviour how much how fast etc. I experienced this a couple of times in the early stages. And even 6 months later still am tempted to order more food than I know I can eat and have to remind myself often to slow down while I am eating. Take care

Back to top Go down
roxygirl720

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Worried..... Empty
PostSubject: Worried.....   Worried..... EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 6:10 am

Hello fellows sleevers,

I was sleeved on the 7th January and everything has been going really well. I am now on my 'mushy' phase and all is good.
But last night I went out for dinner to my favourite restaurant and had my fav meal made Cajun chicken. I asked that the rice and chicken be omitted and just the veggies and sauce pureed. The chef obliged and it was delightful.

I don't know if I ate too quick or too much or what but about 10 mins later I started sweating profusely and was just unwell. I ended up going for a walk outside and threw up. I'm so scared that I've done damage or something now. I'm so disheartened now especially after going so well.
I feel fine today and all is ok but my surgeon said to go back to liquids again....arghhhhh..

Has anyone else experienced this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worried..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worried.....   Worried..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Worried.....
Page 1 of 1