Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????

Go down 
+15
MiddleWoman
ellbee
sassysmum
leici
D'Girlz
neljatye
Paity10
gottarhyme
janelou29
shelly25
Janette
sunnie
TraceyD
Isis
rizzo
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rizzo
rizzo

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-23

Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????   Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 12:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello all,

I am getting sleeved on the 29th of June. I am wondering did you say to yourself after you were sleeved I am dieting to lose 2kg this week or did you just follow your post op diet and the kgs fell off without you having to do too much else???????. Does that make sense?????? I understand I won't be hungry and will have to follow post op diet. Cannot imagine losing weight without having to suffer physically and mentally.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????   Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 7:45 am

I just let it happen.

Followed the guidelines set by my dietician to the letter.
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????   Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 7:01 am

Hi Rizzo my surgeon told me not to set unachievable goal and told me to aim for about 75. The first goal I set was to be under 90, done that my next one is 85, still getting there. I'd love to get to around 70 but I'll just see how I go I'm still losing a good amount of weight each week which is so great.

Good luck

Sunnie
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????   Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 3:40 am

hEY THERE
I did set myself goals, but realistic ones. I researched here what was an average weight loss among everyone and worked it from there.
My first goal was to be under 100kg by Christmas (surgery was november), I made it!
Second goal was to be 85kg by the time I went on my Sydney trip (weekend just gone) I made it!
Now my next goal, on working on an average of half a kilo a week, is to be 75kg by September 17th. This is mine and hubby's 9th wedding anniversary and also the GOld Coast Branch of Make A Wish Gala Dinner. I was 120kg at last years dinner!!

I don't think it hurts having goals, as long as they are realistic. To help me reach my trip goal I joined a gym and exercised alot, that helped the weight move.
Back to top Go down
rizzo
rizzo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????   Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 2:04 am

Thanks Isis.

I just can't imagine losing weight without the mental obsession and will power and trying to fight the hunger pains. Last time I lost weight ist consumed my life.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????   Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 12:22 am

I just let it happen. We are all different and lose at different rates too, so don't set big goals that you might feel bad about not reaching one week. Sometimes you will plateau, but suddenly drop after that. I set goals with myself about exercise - in the early days it was about walking (distance and how many times a week) and then 7 weeks after my op I went back to the gym.

Good luck Rizzo, you won't know yourself afterwards! :)

Isis
Back to top Go down
rizzo
rizzo

Female

PostSubject: Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????   Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 12:15 am

Hello all,

I am getting sleeved on the 29th of June. I am wondering did you say to yourself after you were sleeved I am dieting to lose 2kg this week or did you just follow your post op diet and the kgs fell off without you having to do too much else???????. Does that make sense?????? I understand I won't be hungry and will have to follow post op diet. Cannot imagine losing weight without having to suffer physically and mentally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????   Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job??????? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you have to set weightloss goals after the sleeve or did you just let your sleeve do it's job???????
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2