5 posters
AuthorMessage
HelloSkinny
HelloSkinny

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve   Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 7:15 pm

Thank you everyone and keep theses stats coming !

Libby, I think I will probably follow similar numbers as you.
down 4.5 kg this first week, yey !
I am expecting my body to settle a bit on week 2 or 3, I can't wait to see my numbers at that time !
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve   Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 8:57 am

I had a band for two years (1999 - 2001) - had to have it out when it tangled around major organs. 7 years later had my sleeve op and now 10 months sleeved - weightloss has been slow but in saying that have lost 34kg. I have had major stalls and plateau's but really happy with the sleeve and grateful for everyone of those 34 kilo's gone. Feel great and much more healthier.
Good luck with your sleeve op - I'm sure you'll love your new tiny tummy.
hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve   Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 7:18 am

I didn't have the band but my mum did (5 years ago now), she lost about 25kgs in the first 12 months, then regained about 5kgs (when travelling) and is now maintaining that (she does go up and down a bit depending on how much it has been tightened). The difficulty is that if it is too tight she upchucks everything (but still doesn't loose much weight), so nimbles on naughties that are easier to digest sometimes and generally eats less than me, but if it is too loose she gains weight, so always a battle (not much fun for her really). Me on the other hand had the sleeve 13 months ago and I have lost 49kgs, not one upchuck, can eat anything including bread, steak (except have tooth problems so can't chew well atm, but that's another issue) no problems. Would love her to get it out and swap to sleeve, but she is 74, and still has health problems (diabetes, hbp, arthritis, anaemia etc, etc), and Dad said no more surgery too risky now (he put his foot down). I think at her age, better to get it loosened and at least have a quality of life instead of worrying all the time. I think she is stuck between a rock and a hard place. BTW I am no longer diabetic, have normal bp, all bloods normal now except iron. Seeing mum's difficulties is what convinced me to have the sleeve instead.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve   Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 1:38 am

I think I lost a total of about 20 kilos within the first couple of years and put it all back on by the time i got the band out (had the lapband for 6 years) and then put on another 8 kilos in the 6 months whilst waiting for the sleeve.

In the 2 1/2 weeks since i've had the sleeve done i've lost 8.5 kilos (thats the 8 kilos I put on whilst waiting for the band).
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve   Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 1:19 pm

Hi HS. Good question.

I lost 17kgs with the band and then over a 5 year period regained 11 of them. Once the lapband was removed in January I gained another 3 kilos while I waited for the sleeve surgery.

I had my sleeve on 18th May and so far have lost 14.9 kgs. It has been slow for me and I have had quite a few plateaus. But it is coming off. Slowly but surely. I have had to resort to the dreaded exercise to get things moving though. It hasn't just dropped off with no effort unfortunately.

I still don't believe I will ever get to my goal but as my signature says I am grateful for any kilo lost. Who knows I might get there and totally surprise myself. I think that most of the ex bandsters have found that the losses are a bit slower than everyone else's but that is to be expected as our bodies have been used to a reduced intake and our metabolisms have been altered accordingly.

Best of luck with it all. I'm sure you will be delighted with your sleeve. It certainly is a helluva lot easier to live with than the band.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
HelloSkinny
HelloSkinny

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve   Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 7:46 pm

For all ex-lap banders, how much did you lose (and eventually regain) with the lap band and how is it going now with the sleeve weight loss wise.
I am getting Sleeved tomorrow and would like to see what to expect and in what time.

I know everyone is different but it would be great to have an idea anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve   Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Ex LapBand folks.... what is your WeightLoss with the Sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: