Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 12:01 am

First topic message reminder :

As food has been such a big part of our lives, was wondering if anybody felt empty emotionally once food was taken away? Not getting sleeved til the 29th June but suspect I will feel a little lost.
Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 697586
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Peta

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 7:41 am

Hi, I'm 6 days post op'. I have no hunger pangs at all. I bought my kids a packet of chips each after school today and usually I would pick at their packets, but today I wasn't even tempted. I think that eating was a bit of a habit. Looking back at it, I was probably never really hungry, just bored or some other emotion.

In saying all of that, I am looking forward to the pureed phase where I can have some mashed potato & pumpkin & gravy. I'm interested to see how it goes down and how much I can have out of the 1/2 cup.

Good luck for your sleeve at the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 7:18 am

I have not mourned food at all, infact, it took this surgery for me to realise about making better choices with food selection. For example, I can have a creamy pasta and hardly any protein, or choose meat & veg where I get more benefit from the protein and can actually eat more of. Pasta fills me quicker. If that makes sense.

I don't miss anything because well I can still eat it, its just the amount of it that I have thats made a huge difference.

I still emotionally eat, I will still eat if I am bored, still snack etc but again, its the amount I am having, before I would eat a big bag of chips to myself, now I jsut have one small snack pack.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 7:07 am

I do, just not nearly as much.
Back to top Go down
nacnic
nacnic

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 5:24 am

Would we still eat emotionally after op? Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 697586
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 4:41 am

You know what- the other day I was eating some chicken and the thought came to me that I really don't care about food any more. It's not a driver for me. Yes I still like to eat nice things, but there is not the terrible urge and lack of control I had when I was pre -sleeve.

You may find you need to adjust to changing amounts and perhaps diet depending on how you eat now, but I feel FREE of food now. It's a fuel to keep me going, not a power over me and I can take it or leave it...

This from someone who has been obese since 10 years old (now 53) and 11 months post sleeve. Things will change for you BIG TIME!
Back to top Go down
Sylvia41
Sylvia41

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 4:21 am

hey bec
Look I already feel emotional on Opti I am straggling I love no I loved my food to much, so now Its pay back I think it is a hard journey but a rewording one I hope.

I mourn the food that I will not bee able to have it is like you loosing a loved one and it is hard to let go.

My skin is breaking out like a teen LOL my body is getting read of all the crap that I have put into it.

It will be O.K just need to say good buy to the old me and hi to the new

hey
beccyboo78 wrote:
As food has been such a big part of our lives, was wondering if anybody felt empty emotionally once food was taken away? Not getting sleeved til the 29th June but suspect I will feel a little lost.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 4:10 am

Once. At sizzler. I nearly cried. But then I looked around me and felt pity for the people around me, piling up their plates and almost trating it like the last time they'll have a chance to eat.
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 3:36 am

yes and no....I do look at food and wish I could eat heaps of something whether its roast lamb or pasta etc however once Im eating it and full Im happy and satisfied...
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 2:02 am

I'm 5 days post-op... I get angry because I can't eat what I used too, but then I think that it is a good thing, because I got this way I am because of that!!!!!

I'm looking at food differently now, knowing that i can only consume a very little of it... I enjoy every mouth full and don't take food for granted anymore!!
Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 12:57 am

I still mourn food at times...but like beccy said it is probably because I was an emotional eater...so now I am trying to find another way to deal with my stress...
Back to top Go down
bombahnomore
bombahnomore

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 12:43 am

Hi Beccy,

I don't know that I mourned food but I did feel really, really angry for a few weeks after my surgery. I spoke with the psychologist about it and she felt that it was because I could no longer turn to food when I was feeling sad or angry. It could have been that, it did make sense at the time but it may have been because I had just had surgery and everything on the inside was changing.

Don't know if that is what you meant but I thought i would share :D

Nicki
Back to top Go down
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 12:01 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?   Did anybody 'mourn' food post op? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did anybody 'mourn' food post op?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2