Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nixie73
Nixie73

Female
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Daily Food Consumption Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 12:22 am

Congrats Jen-e.

It sound as if you are doing really well with what you are eating. Keep up the good work.

I would hate to loose too much hair as well, so am taking protein powder. My hair is fairly thick and as a kid with a huge pony tail I hated it. But I realise how lucky I am to have it so want to keep it. I feel my hair has been one of my only assets through my life so I guess I am being a bit vain about it.

Jodie

Daily Food Consumption Post Op Weight

Starting Weight: 140kg 13/04/2010
Pre Surgery: 131kg 27/04/2010
First Goal: 99kg
Ultimate Goal: 76kg
Current Weight: 117kg
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 12:03 am

I'm 18 days out & am starting on normal food.

breakfast - usually make up a big mug of lo fat greek style yoghurt, protein powder, fruit & water smoothie & drink 1/2 (Iv never been a breakfast eater but make sure I have something now instead of just coffee). Today I had a poached egg.
lunch - 300mls thick soup, sometimes with protein powder added
AT - rest of yoghurt, fruit, protein smoothie
dinner - about 3 heaped tablespoons of chicken, fish or lamb either with mashed vegies, in a curry with a tiny bit of rice or with a tiny bit of pasta
supper - 2 crusketts with lo fat philly cheese or sm tub yoghurt or about 15 almonds
I usually have a glass of V8 & drink 1 1/2lts water plus 3 or so coffees

I dont feel hungry until late afternoon & then I'm usually only peckish but I want to be healthy losing weight and worry bout hair loss as my hair is so thin anyway.

I managed 3/4 toasted cheese sandwich over 40 mins yest...yum! 1st time I've tried toast/bread
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:09 pm

BingoButt wrote:
so far I have eaten 1 Slice wholemeal Toast with 1/2 can of those shredded Chicken with mustard and mayo. I fill like my stomach gonna explode ..

Hi Bingobutt,

Although we're notionally at the same stage, it sounds like you're actually about where I was 3 weeks out. I reckon apple's suggestion you use cruskits is a good one. I had them with liverwurst for iron and protein.

But at that stage I was only really eating protein... so focus on that.

Also, it sounds as if you may need to focus on energy-dense foods (which the rest of us need to avoid). Nuts are a possibility: the are high in fat, but they are also high in protein and minerals. Might slow your weight loss, though.

Hope things improve!

Dark
Back to top Go down
Sue B

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:43 am

Hi there

I was banded mid March so am about 10 weeks out......and find that I can associate with both intakes....some days I cannot stomach more than bingo does regularly and on other days am more balanced with an intake like:

On waking - hand full of meds
Breakfast - some time between 8- 10 am - a single weetbix with milk mushy style
M/tea - cuppa
Lunch - (this is my hardest meal - if I am going to overeat and then throw it up it is at lunch time) - 3 - 6 mouthfuls of whatever is served at lunch at work - usually meat and salad or vegies in some form. I think I need to stop at about 4 but am usually hungry so tend to eat a few more mouthfuls than I obviously should....still learning what the optimum amount is to be.
Mid afternoon - drink or half an apple or a couple of crackers or similar
Dinner - normal evening meal....usually some sort of meat and veg...again maybe 6 mouthfuls
Supper - snack of a few mouthfuls of something yummy or an icypole - I find the icypole settles my tummy a little - often seems to help with the reflux....

Being still early days I think I am still learning....
Back to top Go down
mcduff
mcduff

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:41 am

wow, that seems unreal, forgetting to eat

is the soup you are eating a home made thickish sort or a tin?
What is supradyn?
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:32 am

Lynn - I am less than 2 weeks out and still on liquids.
Today I have had 2 sustagens, 1/2 cup custard, 1/2 cup pumpkin and sweet potato soup and a full mug of hot milo (that was still warm when I finished) as well as my supradyn and 1.5L of water.
So I can definitely fit more in than bingobutt has been.
The issue is without feeling hungry it is very easy to forget to eat something!
Back to top Go down
mcduff
mcduff

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:19 am

boy am i glad to hear from everyone's advice that bingobutt was not eating enough.
When i read what she was eating i was thinking OMG i carnt live on that, but am now reasured that there is more to life than a few cups of coffee and snacks.

Lynne
Back to top Go down
Grover
Grover

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 6:07 am

G'day Bingobutt,

Your weight loss is impressive but it sounds like you're losing weight through starvation which will include considerable loss of lean muscle as well as fat. Your health will really suffer without appropriate food. If you are struggling with 150 grams then reduce it but you need to have nutritients. Leafy greans for example don't take much space but are essential for your health. Quality protien takes the same space as rubish, but will sustain you. You don't have to choose between coffee and food, you just have to have them at different times. (Everyone is different so you need to work out what works for you. Try leaving an an hour separation between meals and coffee to start with.) Also try having a small coffee - same shot, less liquid. This site has many many examples of appropriate meals.

Keep in touch with the forum as you can see from the posts below, there is great support and advice here.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 6:53 am

It is use common sense time until you can eat more. no bread no rice no pasta no root vegtables. throw all them out of your diet. choose cruskets which disolve to nothing if you need a sandwhich style meal. your stomach needs the entire tin of chicken in mayo. here is a simple eating plan all less than 200grams per meal

breakfast
forme satisfy yoghurt

morning tea
protien shake

lunch
100grams of chicken beef tofu or a couple of eggs have it on cruskets only 1 or 2 or eat with a small side salad eat meat first.

afternoon tea
protien shake or protien bar

dinner
same as lunch

supper
banna or other fruit. or another yoghurt

non of that is more than 170grams

yes I am pumping that with protien shakes as you seriously need to fix the damage you have done and get your self back on track or you are going to stop losing and have NO WAY of triming calories to get that weight loss moving again.
this is not a whrn I feel like it diet it is every single day and yes there are ways to shake that basic one up to stop it being boring

applesauce
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 6:18 am

Maybe sip on protien shakes through out the day/night to get some more protien/vitamins in
but definately talk to your doctor or dietition
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 5:34 am

www.calorieking.com.au has an online (Free) food diary where you can enter your stuff in and it tells you how much calcium, protein, sodium etc.
Back to top Go down
BingoButt

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 5:16 am

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the input-

Its about 2pm right now- so far I have eaten

1 Slice wholemeal Toast with 1/2 can of those shredded Chicken with mustard and mayo

I fill like my stomach gonna explode ..

Yes my hair has started to fall out thankfully I have lots of it..

I have been trying to take Vitamins with Iron 5-10mls daily

But generally I don't feel like eating or sometimes to be honest forget

I honestly would rather a small cup of coffee than food seeing its either one or the other.

I'll try some spaghetti bol tonight that's what's on the menu tonight..

I actually weighed my food and I am around 150-175 grams which makes me feel like I'm going to either throw up or about to pop my stomach..I think it's week 14 now and I'm down about 35 kilos, it's coming off around 1-1.5kilos a week
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 4:43 am

Thanks Apple. I'm still trying to lose a little more just so I can see the scales say something that starts with "5". Not really because it is necessary.

I actually don't know how to calculate how much protein is in various things. Is there a calculator anywhere that would help?

I may look at adding a protein shake, especially when I add in more exercise, otherwise I may keep losing more weight than I want to. Mind you, the Freddo Frogs are definitely assisting in that regard. One just jumped out of the box and into my mouth when I walked past. Devilishly clever little blighters!!!

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 4:13 am

Caz you are tiny and are not losing any more from memory so I doubt you are losing muscle with that amount of protien. If you are still losing then I would suggest a protien shake for afternoon tea just to protect that muscle in the last stages of losing. but as I said that is if you are still losing. We talk 100grams of protien for those losing weight and I use around the 100kg as a guide to get the 100grams and think well it so doesnt hurt being a bit high while losing on protien if you are down below that weight. As well it is something to aim for not many make the full 100grams of protien remembering it is protien NOT a protien source when talking 100grams.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 3:16 am

Caz wrote:

AT: Freddo Frog chocolate (darn those charity boxes)

Yeah. Those charities need a talking to! There are several in the vicinity of my office, too. They DO NOT help when I'm procrastinating.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 3:09 am

A word of warning, little or no protein has left me with NO muscle tone, my butt is non existant.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 3:07 am

Hi Darling,

Yup, your pictures are looking great and 35kg is phenomenal, but if that's really a typical day you're going to have to look after yourself better. Have you seen a dietician? Your Dr can give you a referral so it's covered by medicare, and they can help you work out a plan.

Good luck - Carrie
Back to top Go down
cacooned
cacooned

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 3:06 am

I am nearly 3 months out and a typical day for me would be:

breakfast: 1 x piece of toast with fresh tomato slices or 1/2 english muffin with peanut butter
m/tea: milk coffee
lunch: sml can tuna & salad (about 1.5 cups) or meat/veg/lentil soup (about 2 cups) - sometimes can't finish it though
a/tea: piece of fruit or a granita biscuit (tutt, tutt!)
dinner: usually about 1/2 cup of whatever the family is having (meat/veg, pasta dish, rice dish etc) I find I generally can't eat much at dinner time.
supper: cup of tea & biscuit or sometimes an icypole (tutt, tutt!)
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 1:52 am

CAN I JUST SAY WOW YOUVE LOST 35KGS !!!!! Daily Food Consumption Post Op 878453 Daily Food Consumption Post Op 446871 Daily Food Consumption Post Op 446871
You look great! (saw your pics) hehehehe

I love coffee too, but can only drink a 1/4 of one..

brekky,
1 x weetbix with analene non fat,with protein powder
1/2 a kiwifruit
lunch
either tuna flavoured can with cruskits or 1/2 a sandwich, with salad and soem meat
a/t
protein drink 200ml mixed with juice
dinner
some meat and vegies

bingo did you have a hernia repair as well??

bye shaz
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Nixie73
Nixie73

Female
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:22 pm

BingoButt

All the ladies below are right, it sound like you should be eating more. I also know a lot of the diets I have done they say you need to eat to loose weight. Protein is so important or you will loose all your muscle tone hair etc.

Try some of the wonderful examples listed by the ladies. How are your energy levels ? I am suprised you are not finding it hard to get through the day with so little nutrients. Or maybe the caffine is helping. I am nearly 3 months out and I would eat

Breaakfast: 1 Poached egg on half English muffin, or weetbix and light milk, or 250ml light milk with milo and 30g scoop tasteless protein powder.

Morning Tea: Coffee yeas I love it too. Or 200g yoghurt

Lunch: Left overs or cruskit with 1/2 tin flavoured tuna and 1/2 bega cheese slice
1/2 a sandwich with some sort of protein and cheese tomato etc.

Afternoon Tea: 200g yoghurt or maybe another protein shake

Dinner: Protein Chicken mainly or mince as meat balls or spaghetti sauce, small serve veges pot carrot pumpkin peas. Have been out a few times and have just eaten normally off someone elses plate.

Good luck with eating more.

Jodie

Daily Food Consumption Post Op Weight

Starting Weight: 140kg 13/04/2010
Pre Surgery: 131kg 27/04/2010
First Goal: 99kg
Ultimate Goal: 76kg
Current Weight: 117kg
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:07 pm

I am over a year post-op. What I had yesterday was:

B: 1 sachet porridge with 50 ml full fat milk
MT: 2 Vita Weats with a cheese slice on them (no butter)
Lunch: Asian chicken dish - only at the chicken and some veges - no rice (didn't finish it though)
AT: Freddo Frog chocolate (darn those charity boxes)
Dinner: 1 small Frenched lamb cutlet, one baby potato (with butter) and tablespoonful of peas.

Probably not enough protein, but I did try!

Apple - you're the best at calculating protein - is that enough???
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 7:47 pm

Hi Bingobutt..........yikes that is one unhealthy diet, with very little protein Confused

I am 6 months out and this is what I ate yesterday.............

B: 1 sachet porridge with 200 mls skim milk
MT: Forme Yoghurt
L: Chicken and lentil soup with 1 slice grain bread, toasted
AT: 2 x 9 grain vitawheats with slice of lite corn cheese
D: Italian meatballs and parmesan cheese
Plus another cup of skim milk in cups of tea.

And the day before..............

B: 2 weetbix with 200 mls skim milk
MT: Forme Yoghurt
L: 1 grain bread, toasted topped with slice free cheese and small can baked beans
AT: Biggest Loser snack bar
D: 2 salmon patties with very small serve of potato, pumpkin, beans, broccoli, carrot
Plus another cup of skim milk in cups of tea.

Hope this helps Daily Food Consumption Post Op 217555 Daily Food Consumption Post Op 217555
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 5:41 pm

Hi bingobutt...I suspect (I hope) you're joking. That'd just about get me through breakfast Daily Food Consumption Post Op 89269

I won't even count the coffees (I'm a caffeine hound), but I'm eating a WHOLE lot more than that, and I'm about 2 1/2 months out.

Yesterday was:

Breakfast: 1 egg & wholemeal toast (no butter)
Lunch: Tomato/Lentle soup with parmesan and 1 slice bread (no butter)
Dinner: 100g chicken livers, 1/3 cup brown rice (cooked), 4 mushrooms; handful spinach.

Snacks: pear; apple; 1/2 and orange.
Treat: a couple of dates.

Today was less ideal because it was a bit chaotic:

Breakfast: porridge sachet with 1/2 cup milk
Lunch (about 4.30): 1 cupcake
Dinner: Out: Vietnamese 5 spice pork; chinese spinach in oyster sauce. No rice or noodles.
Supper: stewed apple with artificial sweetener; yoghurt

As I'm up REALLY late finishing work and it's been a long time since dinner, I might go nibble on the vietamese pork doggy bag...

Normally I'd get a bit more dairy... but I've run out of my favorite.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 4:15 pm

you are seriously setting yourself up to stop losing weight well before your goal eating like that not to mention your hair falling out your bones turning to crap shall I go on. talk about stuffing up your metabolisim.

did you not see a ditcian and or ignore the 100's of posts on this forum showing what to eat ? and if you felt you couldnt to seek out a mental health proffessional.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 3:50 pm

Wow... I haven't been sleeved yet, but that doesn't look great. I love my coffee too... but you really aren't getting many nutrients in there ie. protein, calcium, fruit and veggies..!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Food Consumption Post Op   Daily Food Consumption Post Op Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Food Consumption Post Op
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: