18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
debjones

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Food and recipes for post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op    Food and recipes for post-op EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 7:22 pm

Food and recipes for post-op 618285 Thank you Lyn!
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture
arna

Female
Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyThu 01 May 2014, 2:58 am

Thank you Lyn!
Back to top Go down
gunnaclessame
gunnaclessame

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2014-03-10

PostSubject: 73 Bariatric friendly recipes   Food and recipes for post-op EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 10:20 am

Hi All

Found this link tonight for 73 bariatric friendly recipes that have been collected by a lady who has had surgery herself ... they look very nice so thought I would share the link.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=64597

Cheers, Lyn
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com.au/justtopquality
arna
Part of the furniture
arna

Female
Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyThu 03 Apr 2014, 2:01 pm

Thanks jagxclusive, that looks good!
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyMon 02 Dec 2013, 11:18 am

I think I have discovered a good easy option - i'm 4 weeks post op - some may use it earlier -- It's called "puregg" omlette, they have 'cheesy omlette' and 'fetta and cheese' variety. It comes in the fridge section in a small carton and I found it in woolworths. Four (or more) serves per carton about $5.00.  It is made from egg whites - scrambles up nice and soft and very high in protein and tastes great. one serve has near 15g protein. (half cup). I could only finish about 3/4 of it this morning. It seems to sit well in my tum and keeps me fairly satisfied. Made by 'iconfoods'.
Back to top Go down
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 12:43 pm

Not perhaps the best timing but I just remembered a great egg recipe - Chawan Mushi. One normally has to steam it for 45 mins but this is my short-cut.

10g sachet of dashi dissolved in 400ml hot water.
1 egg, gently beaten (avoid frothing), then add 150ml dashi, stir again
Microwave 1.5 mins at 500W

If you want, you can add a strip of chicken, a sliver of shitake or some seafood (not too much as it will affect the custard setting).

Lu
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 11:42 pm

Omg I do think that is really bad eating a egg at
Only one week post op , sorry , but it will clog you up
And make you really uncomfortable , just stick
To your liquids, there will be plenty of time later to eat.
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
jenjenjen
jenjenjen

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 8:47 am

I retract my previous post.

Boiled and egg all soft and added some cream cheese...few spoonfuls...yep not sitting right.
Even though i made sure it was tiny tiny in my mouth before I swallowed.

Lesson learnt.

Now...where's my up n go?! (aaahhhh!!!)
Back to top Go down
jenjenjen
jenjenjen

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 7:57 am

Hello all :)

Im dying for some eggs..or an egg.

I had surgery Monday 2pm-ish...discharged very early morning yesterday (Thursday)

What does everyone think about a SOFT boiled egg?!
Consistency of custard that I've been allowed!!!!

If i have to have another chocolate shake today........

Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptySun 02 May 2010, 3:19 am

See steph what youve been missing out on, i too WONT eat the canned stuff ewwww, or the smoked stuff, ewww but We all (kids as well) love the fresh one! actually i got a salmon from work last night yummmm, could only eat 3 mouth fulls though!
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptySun 02 May 2010, 2:29 am

I was just interested to see what kind of heathy recipes this site gave, it doesn't look too bad;
This is the website- http://weightlossandtraining.com/healthyrecipes-busymomsthankyou

This is just an example of one recipe,
The Red Auerbach Pizza

Ingredients:
1/4 c marinara sauce 1 small (4'') whole-wheat pita 2 slices deli turkey, chopped 1 Tbsp chopped scallions 2 Tbsp part-skim mozzarella

Directions:
Spread the sauce evenly over the pita, and top with all the ingredients. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes in an oven preheated to 475°F.
Makes 1 serving Per Serving 169 calories 10g protein
21g carbohydrates 5g fat 3g fibre 676mg sodium

Makes 1 serving Per Serving
169 calories
10g protein
21g carbohydrates
5g fat
3g fibre
676mg sodium

Have not tried any of the recipes but they do look to be decent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
LoopyLu

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptySun 04 Apr 2010, 4:08 am

Hey i made this yummy Tomato, Lentil and Bacon Soup recipe was so easy. Thought i would share.
Onion diced
Garlic as much or as little as u like
2 carrots chopped
2 stalkes of celery
3 rashes of bacon diced
Fry all these off until tender then add the following
2 cans Diced tomatoes
1 can of Lentil drained and rinsed
Salt/pepper
Water how ever much u want to make
and some stock powder i used chicken this it to taste.
I also put in some dried mixed herbs and some dashes of tabasco sauce but if you dont like it hot leave that out.
I then whizzed it slightly with my stick whiz thing and yummo serve. Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptySat 03 Apr 2010, 9:52 am

Reading back on this thread to 2008 I see that I had never tried salmon and bought a tin but stilll haven't opened it but Chris, I must tell you that I am a huge fresh salmon purchaser now. My BF cooked it for me the first time and I loved it and now ama regular eater of it. My kids won't join me in it though unfortunately.

I eat it with salad and it goes down extremely well.

steph Food and recipes for post-op 65317
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:00 pm

I just found a really good website to help those in need of any sort of recipes, http://www.daa.asn.au/recipes/index.asp?pageID=2145835085 I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 11:09 am

Today I had a little try of a berry tropical smoothie from the supermarket which is new to the shelves. I noticed the advt for it on the tv. It's called Rise fresh start and is 99% fat free, 'real dairy plus fruit, low GFI, source of protein, nothing artifical (that's the blurb from the back of the cup) It seemed like a good mushy food. It tasted a bit yoghurty. 100 mls has 14 gcarbs which is high I spose but as I'm due to be sleeved in a few weeks I have started taking note of mushy type stuff that is still possibly healthy. Yummy flavours, I tried the tropical but there was mango and one other.
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 3:25 pm

Not realy I use them as I often forget to eat when I work as I'll suddenly remember at say 2 or 3pm that I missed lunch & it's more of a stop gap for the nutrition value than the fill me up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 2:18 pm

But arent you hungry straight away since milk is liquid and it will just wash straight through??
Does it keep you full? Because no liquid keeps me full, if it did, I would be a toothpick.
LOL

Hayley
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 1:36 pm

For those of us with a busy work day a good standby meal is one of the tetra uht milk /meal drinks ie "breaka's", "up 'n' go's" ect at 250ml & about 200 cal. I keep them in my work cool bag with an ice brick that way if I don't use them because they are UHT it dosn't matter I use them the next day. They are the perfect size for most post op stomach's as well as the snack size tins of tuna tempters in oil as I find this isn't as "dry" as the ones in spring water.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyTue 22 Jul 2008, 10:15 am

Thanks guys for all your help....i think i will try it as i havent really had to many problems so far.....but i did have a little bit of pasta, cheese and tuna today....it left a bit of a tight feeling in my chest, but boy did it keep me full.

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyTue 22 Jul 2008, 5:03 am

Okay, Hayley, I'll get on to that in the next couple of days.
Jacquilove - wow! Bol after only 2 weeks. And here was I just about to brag that although I pureed most of mine today, I did have a little that wasn't pureed. Doesn't seem like as much of an achievement now! :lol!:
Chris :afro:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyTue 22 Jul 2008, 3:47 am

Could I ask a huuuuuuge fave??? If you have any recipe ideas, can you send them to me in a PM, then I can add them to the stickies, with your name attatched....
I know this might be annoying, but if you have a moment of time, it would be great to get these ideas into a user freindly type form... that way we can just read down the page and find all your delish recipes!!
I will need to know what phase your at too when eating these goodies... ie, mushie stage...
Hayley
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyTue 22 Jul 2008, 3:20 am

i had some bolognaise sauce yesterday.... i'm not even two weeks post-op yet! but it was finely ground mince and i mixed it with some tomato soup as well as the tomato based sauce. i was fine with it - ate slowly.... but no dramas. sauces like that are included on my stage one transition diet. i think any of these foods, it's like anything, you give it a go if you feel you're ready, but take it very slow and stop if it's not working for you and give it some more time before trying again.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 7:42 pm

Hey guys
Steph, so glad you went okay at work. I know it's hard at the moment, but you have to get those liquids in - you don't want to end up back in hospital! And gee, only 1 meal - doesn't seem enough to me.
Nicole, yes, I questioned the doc on that, but he very patiently told me that I'd be fine. I asked him about only 3 meals re the diabetes too, and he said again that I'd be fine. However I did have a cruskit with avocado (not pureed!) yesterday afternoon, as well as the 3 meals. I am finding I'm not feeling as full, which is good, because sometimes on 4 meals I was feeling overfull. I know you're not eating a lot, Nic, but I don't think I could fit all that in yet.
When I get hungry, I have a drink if I can - it usually makes me feel full, for a while at least (I always wanted to be able to do this!). That way I'm getting more fluids and making sure it's real hunger when I eat - still don't trust myself there!
Oh, and my dietician booklet tells me that it's okay to try bol at around the 4-6 week mark, so like apple said, nic, try a little first and see how you go. I wish you luck. I've had it pureed, but don't think I'm up to too many lumpy bits yet.
I did, however, have pea & ham soup that wasn't pureed yesterday, and it went down really well, so I don't think it will be too long now.
Hugs to everyone
Chris :afro:
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 1:25 pm

nic make sure it is very finely ground up and just add 1 or 2 teaspoons of it with lots of sauce to your veggies to give it a try and see how it goes down. I had zero problems with any meat. the male of the species had a few problems with anything tough.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 11:36 am

i seem to get a bit hungry now steph...so im eating every 2 - 3 hours....and try to drink in between...but like you i battle to get the fluids in

Can anyone answer this.....can i have minced meat, like bolognaise...as my dieticiian said beef, chicken so had to be pureed....im sick of puree's and want to eat meat but not pureed with everything else.......im 3 1/2 weeks post op
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food and recipes for post-op   Food and recipes for post-op Empty

Back to top Go down

Food and recipes for post-op
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next