AuthorMessage
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

post op Aversion to food Empty
PostSubject: I understand   post op Aversion to food EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

Hi

While I don't have a physical reaction to food, I am just not interested in eating or maybe just can't be bothered with the effort - it takes time to prepare and then I can only eat a couple of mouthfuls anyway so why bother. I still like to play with food and cook quite a lot but give it away to other people - my friends and family love it. I have found that since being allowed to eat, 15 weeks post surgery due to complications, that there are foods that I no longer like the taste of. Top of that list is anything that contains fat - the food puts a film in my mouth that is so unpleasant that I can't even swallow what I have chewed and anything that has a hgh vinegar content eg sauce or mayo again the taste is so bad I don't want to eat it. I also think the need to consume lots of protien is playing havoc - never thought I would reach the point that I actively don't want to eat fish, chicken, meat, eggs etc. The only protein that I m happy to eat is cheese of any kind. Now my situation is further compromised by food intolerance. All that said, I wouldn't change my decision to be sleeved.

Have you tlked to your Doctor or dietitian? It might be worthwhile.

G
Back to top Go down
pixelgypsy

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-01-16

post op Aversion to food Empty
PostSubject: post op Aversion to food   post op Aversion to food EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 9:42 am

Since sleeving apart from my zilch appetite (yay!) I have developed total disinterest in food (of any sort). To the point of gagging when I look in the fridge to prepare food that I used to love.

I stand there with the door ajar muttering "yuk.....yuk......yuk....." to myself.

Even simple fare such as breakfast is becoming a real chore as the thought of food going in my mouth and having to chew & swallow it makes me feel queasy. Not to mention that by the time you have chewed it to death its just like a gluggy ball of flavourless goo going down.

Everything seems to turn me off. I have to set my alarm on my phone to remind me to eat and I go through the same motions at the fridge each time.

Dairy absolutely disappeared off the list at about week 2 post op. Starting to worry a bit. Will I ever like food again?

Back to top Go down

post op Aversion to food
Page 1 of 1