Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????

Go down 
+22
brutal
nacnic
Ozzieloz
Bellshell
sweetsleever
*Lib*
rowdy
janelou29
Paity10
beccyboo78
Janette
Andrea11
Emily
notproud
Isis
D'Girlz
Goldie oldie
Channamasala
SloJo
gottarhyme
sassysmum
rizzo
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
rizzo
rizzo

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-23

Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 12:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am a widow. I have two children. I am being sleeved on the 29th June. I have told my mum about surgery and she will be looking after my children whilst I am in hospital. However, I do not feel comfortable telling my father inlaw about bariatric surgery. I speak to him daily and see him a few times a week. He is very involved in mine and my children's lives. So I am going to tell him that I am having fibroids removed. Has anyone else lied about the type of surgery they are having?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Goldie oldie

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: My secret   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptySat 04 Jun 2011, 2:37 am

I am not telling anyone except my husband. I have gone on many diets for the last forty years and lost weight but have always put it all back on plus"GST"
I am fearful of failing again so am saying nothing. My surgery is next Thursday 9th June and this op is going to be my secret "How, Why, When" until I reach my goal weight and maintain it for 2 years.
Back to top Go down
rizzo
rizzo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 10:00 pm

That's great! Thanks for your input. I am seeing father in law today at my son's football game. So will be breaking the news about surgery to him this morning. I am nervous and want to have my story straight. God I'm weird. So worried about something that really probs won't be a big deal.

The date of surgery is not that far away now and I have to start getting things in order. So telling him is just something else to tick off that list. It is surreal to me that this op is even going to happen. It hasn't even hit me yet. I just feel like I have to do it. I am not even that excited. I don't think I want to think about it because I might start getting anxious.

Three years ago, I weighed 110kg. I went on reductil and lost 15kg which made me 95kg. Then I used a combination of reductil and opitfast and got down to 83kg. I was basically starving and felt like shit. Although, I did have plenty of energy. Everybody was telling me how good I looked but I was struggling. Reductil went off the market and had become ineffective for me a little while before that.

I suffered two heart breaking incidents after this and here I am today back to 110kg.
Back to top Go down
Channamasala
Channamasala

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

Hi Rizzo, I lied to just about everyone! I only told my mum, hubby, children and two friends, one of whom is considering this type of surgery for herself and the other one has a husband who is morbidly obese. With everyone else, I was very vague.

Also, I specifically asked people not to visit me in hospital. In any case, you're usually only in a few days, but I said that I just didn't like having to face people when I had greasy hair, no make-up and a load of tubes and drips coming out of me! Most people understood.

As the others have said, it's your body, your decision, your life. If someone who was heavily overweight remarked on my weightloss and wanted some advice, I wouldn't lie, but otherwise it's really no-one else's business. Hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
rizzo
rizzo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

Thank-you so much for your replies.

I was feeling bad about not telling the truth. I know if I tell anyone they will have their opinion and judge my decision. I do not want to feel judged and don't want to have to justify my decision to anyone. I have told him about the invented surgery so that he knows I won't be around for a few days. Also, as it is major surgery I don't want to pretend i haven't had any surgery. That would be just to hard to get away with.

If he was to visit me, is there anyway he would know what surgery I have had? I am a bit paranoid. I know it is none of his business, although I think it would be awkward if he found out that I had lied.

I have every intention of discussing my experience with the op with people that i think would benefit from hearing. Eg, Bigger folk who are struggling.

Thanks agan.
Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female
Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

Hi Rizzo

I still haven't seen surgeon, but assuming they agree to go ahead with the sleeve - I have/will only mention it to my closest relies, mainly so they know that I'm going to be having major surgery. And at least your father in-law knows you're having a procedure so it's only a white-lie as my Mum calls it. Not that it matters, but would he really want to know the details do you think?

My attitude is if they're not a loved one, 'it's none of their beeswax'!!! Maybe you'll think about telling people once you see results - or not...

I will be saying the same thing to people as sassymum - dietician, exercise, smaller meals - none of that is a lie.

Good luck - not long to go now!!!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm

No. Not if I feel they were genuinely enquiring and looked as if they needed help.

But skinny witches can , as Sassy eloquently put it, 'Mind their own beeswax!' Your father in law does not fit into either category. It is your body, your choice, and no one's business unless you want to make it their business.
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

PS
It's your body, your choice and none of their beeswax if you don't feel you want to speak about it.
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

Yep, told people I was having my plumbing sorted out ... they assumed bladder .... and still haven't told my Mum .... I will, when I see her soon and we can have a long girlie chat rather than a phone conversation. I've also told people I am seeing a dietitian ... (true) and that I am on an eating plan where I eat small meals ... (also true). That's to cover the (now visible) weight loss. I work in a very high profile job, it's a bit of a fish bowl at the best of times. But it's a tricky question.
sass
Back to top Go down
rizzo
rizzo

Female

PostSubject: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 12:08 pm

I am a widow. I have two children. I am being sleeved on the 29th June. I have told my mum about surgery and she will be looking after my children whilst I am in hospital. However, I do not feel comfortable telling my father inlaw about bariatric surgery. I speak to him daily and see him a few times a week. He is very involved in mine and my children's lives. So I am going to tell him that I am having fibroids removed. Has anyone else lied about the type of surgery they are having?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????   Did you lie to anyone about your surgery???????? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you lie to anyone about your surgery????????
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3