Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6   Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 11:05 pm

Hi Roxy,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your decision to have a sleeve op. I had mine in Feb this year and, although I still have a way to go, am very very happy with how it is going so far, I am fitter healthier and above all happier.

Have a good look around the site, there is a lot of great information here to help you along the way. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are a fantastic resource, and the Pre-op & Post-op sections will be helpful too. Along with the December Sleevers section where you'll find other of members who are at the same stage as you.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works, and if you want to put a ticker in your signature the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

It's lovely to meet you, and I look forward to talking to you more around the site.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6   Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 5:56 am

Hi, Roxy. I'm in Idaho, although right now I am sitting in SEATAC. I had my sleeve done in Idaho. The biggest surprise I had was how long it took for me to get my energy back. I had lots of time off (academic schedule) but I needed naps well into three months afterwards.

Another surprise was that I basically went on a diet before the surgery per the doctor's orders and then went back on a diet afterwards, in part because it takes some time for the stomach to deal with the new size and scar and because you still have to watch what you eat. There is much more emphasis on protein afterwards, and you have to do so or run out of energy even faster that I did.

A third item that I just got reinforced the other day is that sweet drinks, such a juice smoothies, cannot be used to deal with not eating for a while. I had one last week in the late afternoon and an hour later got sweaty and a bit dizzy.

You will receive much more information from the folks on the site - this site has functioned as my support group as I live far away from a city.

Best,

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Roxy1731

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6   Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 4:46 am

My Name is Roxy Whiteside. I am 67 years of age. I live in Surrey BC, Canada. I am getting the gastric sleeve on Dec 6 and would like to speak to people who have gone through this recently. I will be getting this done at Puget Sound Clinic near Seattle Wash. USA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6   Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Surgery Getting Gastric Surgery Dec 6
Page 1 of 1