Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?

Go down 
+17
Melinda38
lindabinda
BFSCOTT
mirawitch
alice.r
Stretchmark Barbie
SHARI.1
Ryjackmama
Jewels (jahwilyah)
green stargazer
jennigab
didles
lovelyslim
Smurfette
Janette
100%-er
Newbie3
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Newbie3

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 10:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Due to my dramatic weight loss i now have gall stones. Looking at getting my Gallbladder out now. Anyone had theirs out? whats life like without it? whats your diet like? Are you very restricted?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 10:54 pm

I had my gall bladder removed in 1998 just after giving birth to my 3rd child. Was out of hospital in 2 days and pain slowly went down. Since having the gall bladder out I have not been restricted on diet however I had to start taking Zoton to reduce the amount of acid in my stomach. The pain from the gall bladder attacks was the worst pain I could imagine!!!! All better now :D
Back to top Go down
jennigab

Female
Registration date : 2011-10-08

PostSubject: gall bladder removal   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Oct 2011, 4:21 am

I had the sleeve back in July of 2011, I was doing great the first month but then I started throwing up everyday for 5 weeks. i was getting sick sometimes 3-4 times a day. I had to be put into the hospital twice this last time they figured it was my gallbladder. They ran all these test and did not find that my gallbladder was fine. So they asked me to decide if I wanted my gallbadder removed so i decided to go for it.. Now I have been eating full meals and havent gotten sick one time.. I have lost a lot of 65 so far but that is because I wasnt able to really eat. I was regretting the surgery at first but I am glad now as long as I stay well. So, please do not give up hope b/c I almost did and now Im never giving up again.

thanks Jen
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 10:55 pm

I had mine out on tuesday, turns out that what I was balming a shunt for has been my gall bladder all these years. So I am still sore and sorry at minute.....

As for diet he recommended a low fat but have spoken to others that have had it and they just get the runs if eaten something that doesn't agree, but for someone who is on morphine for pain sometimes I will eat to go lol. So can't wait to have a piece of bacon haven't had any in months.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 4:17 pm

Having Gall blabber and sleeve done on the same day .........
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 11:55 am

Had my GB out a couple of years before my sleeve op. I ate a low fat diet mainly prior to my sleeve due to something like dumping sydrome; though after my sleeve op, I do not have an issue with the foods I now eat; all is great and improved since the op. I know how you feel, thoughts went through my head a lot "how can you live without it"; but perfectly okay to loose; if required to come out.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 11:10 am

I had my gall bladder out 25 years ago, made no difference to my diet what so ever.
I could eat anything, and did ........... LOL!!
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 10:56 am

My step daughter, at 11, had her gall bladder out.
After her surgery and recovery, she has returned to eating all and sundry, whilst it was recommended she keep to a low fat diet, she has returned to a junk food-fuelled diet.
Back to top Go down
Newbie3

Female
Registration date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 10:00 am

Due to my dramatic weight loss i now have gall stones. Looking at getting my Gallbladder out now. Anyone had theirs out? whats life like without it? whats your diet like? Are you very restricted?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?   Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone had to have their Gallbladder removed?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2