Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone else get gallbladder out same time?

Go down 
+2
btgirl
aussienurse
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

anyone else get gallbladder out same time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 9:23 am

While doing my research I read that 50% of sleevers end up having their gallbladder out down the track, I think having it out at the same time is a great idea.  Having both out in one op seems more common in the US.
Back to top Go down
Barry H

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-06-30

PostSubject: Charles Mosse Surgeon ACT Your Gallstone   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 7:47 am

My experience with Dr Charles Mosse in the ACT general surgeon. Hi Aussie Nurse!  I am a 57 year old man called Barry from Cook in the ACT.  Have you selected a surgeon?  If you are already booked in and waiting I would assume you have selected someone then.  If it helps I found Dr Charles Mosse to be a remarkable surgeon.  He did my surgery in 2012.  He was efficient and talented.  I would highly recommend him.  His receptionist in Bruce at the Calvary Clinic was in my opinion harsh.  I found her to be difficult and she would overreact and made issues more difficult than they needed to be.  I was in tears after dealing with this receptionist. I know nothing of the receptionist over in Deakin ACT.  Good luck with everything mate!

I know nothing about having both done at once sorry.
Back to top Go down
aussienurse
aussienurse

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2013-04-15

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

its just starting to really hit home go on optifast full time next week, am getting scared wondering if im doing the right thing,
people at work no im getting a gallstone out but don't know the rest, been joking with them though saying im going to be a new person as im going to thialand for a boob job, a bum lift and tummy lyposuction
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013, 11:42 am

2 for 1. I had my sleeve and hernia fixed at the same time. Good of your surgeon to save you time and money :)
Back to top Go down
aussienurse
aussienurse

Female

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013, 11:35 am

Dr kozenkovis
st George private 7/5/13
start weight 25/3/13 131 kgs

its all about the gallstone been giving me so much grief last couple of months but must admit since substituting food with shakes not as many nights kissing the toilet bowel so its just starting to sink in actually getting both done
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013, 11:14 am

Hi where are you having your op done,i had my gall bladder out after my sleeve,but I would have loved it all done all at once,all the best.
Back to top Go down
aussienurse
aussienurse

Female

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013, 10:52 am

so hoping I am making the right decision but I was 60kgs in primary school and have been big my entire life, just the lack of support concerns me as most of my friends r used to me having a bottomless pit and still encouraging me to eat
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013, 9:54 am

Your getting a 2 for 1 op, it seems to be quiet common for sleevers to have their gallbladder out after sleeving, that will be one less anethsetic and op you will need to recover from.
All the best
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
aussienurse
aussienurse

Female

PostSubject: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013, 9:20 am

hello,

im getting a gallstone op 7/5 as got a massive stone, had a brainwave said to a friend I wonder if I can get gastric sleeve at same time, and to my surprise that night I ssent a email and the next day had a reply and with in 3 days was seing a surgen guess it was a sign now getting the whole kit and koboodle next month getting so nervous though, as I love my food. starting wt 131kgs, have lost 8 kgs and start my intense phase 23/5/13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get gallbladder out same time?   anyone else get gallbladder out same time? Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone else get gallbladder out same time?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: