AuthorMessage
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Greenslopes Hospital?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 8:09 am

Hi Everyone

Just a quick question. Has anybody been Banded by Justin Greenslade, and then had there band out and had the Sleeve. I am interested to know how much he charged for the removal of the band and placement of the Sleeve.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 11:33 am

Hi Everyone Newbie here looking for a bit of info.

I had my Lap Band done at Greenslopes, just on a year ago. With Dr Greenslade (wonderful surgeon), but I hate the not being able to eat healthie proper food, vomitting and mainy live on a liquid diet. As yet I have not discussed this matter with him, but hope to go and speak to him after Xmas. Just a bit worried that I will have to pay for it all again!!!!.

I have lost 25 kgs already, but have great difficuly lossing anymore weight. Just about starving myself. as everday I live on Shakes and cannot eat any food till about 3.00pm then want to vege out. Dont want any fill out because I will be hungry and looking for food.

Hope someone can put me in the right direction?
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

Hi ,

A bit late but might help someone else...

I chose Greenslopes as it had a good ICU and an A&E department if things went wrong. A lot of smaller private hospitals dont have both of these.

Its also still a teaching hospital for both Dr's and nurses...I feel that this keeps staff up to date, and gives a few extra sets of eyes making sure all is OK.

As an ex-nurse, I was happy with the care I got there.

Didnt end up needing the ICU or Casualty, but felt better knowing it was there.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Kylie enough
Kylie enough

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptySat 14 May 2011, 9:29 pm

Great nurses great service i even got to try out a new 62 000 bed that puts u up in sitting postion and wieghs you and can turn u over. The rooms are great. Dr Greenslade is good and even understanding that i had my honey with me to put on my cuts to help heal. My ICU u nurse was the best couldnt do more for me. Only problem i had was with my internet connection but once i told the nurse the next morning one of the I T guys came in with a new card to use.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptySat 14 May 2011, 1:12 pm

On their website it has the parking rates but I rang up to see if it was any cheaper as a patient and I was told $7 per exit. I even asked how much it would cost me if I was in hospital for a week and my car stayed in the car park and he told me $7. But even as a visitor I think it was only $35 a week which still is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptySat 14 May 2011, 12:00 pm

I thought it was by the hour? Maybe only for visitors? But there is always plenty of parks.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptySat 14 May 2011, 11:56 am

I should also mention that parking there is quite cheap. I rang up to enquire as to the cost of parking as a patient and I was told $7 per exit, meaning that if you drive you car in, stay a week and then drive out again, it'll cost you $7. I thought that was pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptySat 14 May 2011, 2:57 am

Had my surgery there with Dr Greenslades in April. Very modern hospital and staff lovely.

Some nurses may sometimes sound abrupt but it may be because of their overload of patients etc. I mean this in general, not just at Greenslopes.

Overall, I had a good stay and it certainly has been one of the better hospitals I have been in.
Greenslopes Hospital?  65317
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptySat 14 May 2011, 12:31 am

I have 18 days until I have my sleeve done at Greenslopes by Dr Greenslade so I can let you know then if you like Greenslopes Hospital?  65317
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptySat 14 May 2011, 12:15 am

I have my follow up appointments at Greenslopes. Its a lovely hospital. Esy parking, modern, and they have a great coffee shop!! (I think its Zarrafas?)
Back to top Go down
Suzie

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptyFri 13 May 2011, 9:58 pm

Hi Sassymum,
I had my surgery on December 6 with Dr Greenslade at the Greenslopes hospital. I have had a lot of surgery before (for other things) and I was very happy with Greenslopes hospital and their staff. I had a great experience!!!!
Suzie
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  EmptyFri 13 May 2011, 1:30 pm

Okay, so planning to have Dr Greenslade, have heard all the rave reviews about him...

BUT was just wonder about the actual Greenslopes hospital and what's it like?

What can I expect? ANYTHING you have to offer would be much appreciated. I'm awaiting my surgery, so am spending a lot of time thinking about it... and asking questions seems to help. lol.

Ta!
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes Hospital?    Greenslopes Hospital?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenslopes Hospital?
Page 1 of 1