46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
nepratini

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-05

Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySat 26 May 2012, 2:36 pm

Well my date has been changed again its now on 13 June, I'm excited and scared all at once.
Back to top Go down
jhkelly
jhkelly

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySat 26 May 2012, 7:35 am

hi everyone. I have been watching this forum for the last few months while I was seriously considering undertaking the surgery. I was not sure whether to go the band or sleeve but I am now sure that the sleeve is the best way to go. I am just so glad there are so many of you that are happy with Dr greenslade. afterall the best type of referal is from those that have been there.

I have now booked my surgery for 26 June (and got cheap tuesday gas rates), have had my super approved (only took 10 working days - that was a surprise) and now just need to wait for the big day. Dr said I didnt need optifast - did this happen with anyone else

Jo
Back to top Go down
nepratini

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySun 06 May 2012, 2:22 am

Well I am very excited now. My op was booked in for 31 Oct at the QEII but luckily there was a cancellation so its been bumped up to 11 July. Just over two months to go until the start of my new life.
Back to top Go down
SueM
SueM

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyFri 27 Apr 2012, 7:51 am

Thans Gazza,

I am getting all the info ready for my GP tonight as he will have to write a letter of support for the super release.

So glad to hear you are happy with the surgery. This site is great for seeing the wonderful outcomes of this procedure. I also like the "tell it like it is" tone all the way through and what happens when things go wrong. So much more valuable that reading the stats on outcomes of this surgery.

Thanks for the support.

Sue
Back to top Go down
gazza

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyFri 27 Apr 2012, 6:58 am

Hey Sue,

No troubles there with Justin & his team. He doesn't quite get my sense of humour but that wasn't on my list of requirements for a good surgeon. I cant even remember how much the anaesthesis was - but it was less than what Brenda quoted - only other charge for me was Dr G, the gap fee for the hospital stay & a couple of xrays while in intensive care.

By far and away this is the best investment I have ever made. Good luck with your journey.

Gazza
Back to top Go down
SueM
SueM

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 5:53 am

Hi everyone,

Well I am taking my first steps. I have an appointment this Saturday with my GP to get a referral and I have my first consultation with Dr Greenslade on Thursday 3/5.

Excited but nervous too. I don't have PHC so will be applying for an early release of Super so I have my fingers crossed for that, otherwise I wil have to wait for a spot at the public hospital which will not be available until January 2013. I have booked that slot just in case.

I have been reading this thread and glad to hear there are cheaper gas man alternatives. I will certainly ask for that. I also got a quote from Greenslopes hospital and it is over $15,000 including 1 night in ICU, 3 nights on the ward, the prosthetics and admin fee.

Really hoping the super relase works out for me.

Wish me luck.

Sue
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 10:53 am

Hello my Loverlies.

OMG the loverly Justin Greenslade. Cannot thank him enough for changing my life, I am so grateful for his excellent Surgeon skills.

Brenda is great, she rang me when I was in hospital, as she new I was really anxious, so grateful.

Good luck everyone who is having Sleeve Surgery with him this month, especially Victoria who is waiting in the wings - not long to go now.

Val
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 6:51 am

I just paid my gasman Dr A Richards $2044.00 of which he said I will get $411.00 back from Medicare and approx. $136.00 back from PHC
so total gap $1496.10 a bit xxy but as long as he does a good job and keeps me safe he will be worth it. Its all so real once the money is paid I am just hoping for a great recovery like Val Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 65317
Back to top Go down
katty1976

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: I was sleeved by Justin on the 30th of November weighing in at 125 kilos, my weight today is 97 kilos, I have had no problems what so ever with the operation I was surprised i recieved no pain after the op, It will be the best thing you have ever done :)   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 6:27 am

Val 007 wrote:
How many sleevers been sleeved by Justin Greenslade.

Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 21984

I will be sleeved 23rd March

Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 362526 Val
Back to top Go down
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 6:55 pm

Hi Greenie ppl ( i saw someone else write this and love it ^_^ )

I called on Thursday and booked my first consult for Thursday 9/4 and Brenda ( who was ever so so sooooo LOVELY) initially gave me a date of the 1/5 or the 9/5 eeeep!!! I've been eligible since 14/1 ( I had a rather CRAPPY consult with Dr Layani on the GC who I thought was a snobby douche Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 21984 and put me off a bit) sooo that would NOT do! Then she said I have one for the 16/4 ...little ole impatient me Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 2329

BUTTTT now I've been reading this I know why there was a vacancy I haven't got cheap Tuesday!!!
I WANNNNNNNNNNNNT Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 38898 <---- I can just imagine the squeaky noise he makes sliding down the glass LMAO ACCESS DENIED

1st consult fee $140 with $70 medicare rebate with referral
Surgery cost $3500 - No idea on rebate but with top plus hospital cover with HCF
Anesthetists $1900 - No idea on rebate here either 0_o ....1900?!?!! I was expecting 1500 if not less!

I have the money + (thanks to a lovely redundancy and I am doing a short temp maternity leave job FT atm but they are due back soon so I can book it in again- life seemed to hate me all at once in Feb which was my initial month to do it; then having to start this new job straight away until the other ladies came back changed that but at least I'll still have 2-3days a week work so i can focus on weight loss a bit b4 I start looking for F/T again feeling utterly fabulous! ) but I still don't like having to spend more then I HAVE too. I mean if it's only $1000ish (too many different numbers to be more precise) that's still $900 in my pocket ...hello gym Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 369315 or P/T Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 110673 or CC debit Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 833240 lolz ooooooooooorrr a holiday Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 970802 for my time off work oooooooooooorrrr saving for a Boob lift haha
options = endless

I think I will have to ask now but chances are I don't/won't change my date coz I'm damn sick of waiting already. 'Sighs' optifast starts monday and I have like 4 outings booked with family this weekend who are determined to fatten me up one last time lolz

I will update once I have my consult and know more about the anesthetists fees and dates and if I can still swing a close one on a cheeeeeper day
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyMon 05 Mar 2012, 7:31 am

How many sleevers been sleeved by Justin Greenslade.

Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 21984

I will be sleeved 23rd March

Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 362526 Val
Back to top Go down
Suzie

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012, 8:49 am

Hi I went to Margie Brooke ata Chermside. She is wonderful. Just opposite Chermside shops in Medical centre.
Hope this helps
Suzie
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012, 6:58 am

Hi Tiff

I did not use any of Justins Dieticians as I live on Gold Coast. If you are unsure ring Brenda and ask for her opinion she will knowDr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 706350 Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon 2329

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Tiff

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Can anyone recommend a dietician from Brisbane ?   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:57 pm

Hi, I'm being sleeved on April 3rd. And I need to organize my dietician. Dr Greenslade has given me a list of recommended dieticians to use but I'm just wondering, who you might have used? And we're you happy with? I have a list of 9 to choose from!!
Back to top Go down
nepratini

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

Well I am officially booked in for my sleeve with Dr Greenslade on 31 Oct. I wish it was sooner but thats what happens when you have to go to a public hospital. I've been fat for so many years I suppose another 8 months wont kill me (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
Woodland
Woodland

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 9:44 pm

I was sleeved by Dr Greenslade 4 weeks ago and am very happy with him.
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 3:16 am

Hi nepratini

I am also a Patient of Justin Greenslade, but I am a Private Patient, being sleeved Mid March.

If Brenda told you $700 that will be correct. If you want to query it ring Brenda and ask her to put it in writing.

Thats cheaper than going private - obviously you will have a Public Anaestheist, but they all do fantastic jobs

Good Luck - if you look thru Justins forum there are a few Public patients they might be able to tell you how much they paid.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
nepratini

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 1:45 am

Hi everyone,

I am new here and will be seeing Dr Greenslade on 17 Feb for my first appointment. I have been told that the earliest I can get in for the op is in Oct (I have to go public hospital as a private patient). If there are any cancellations I will get in earlier. I just have a question for everyone - when I was first told the prices by the receptionist she told me the cost of the gas man will be $700 is this right as I've seen other posters saying different prices for different days etc. If anyone can help me on that it would be great. Good luck to all of you having your surgery and congrats to all that have had the surgery.
Back to top Go down
Autumncurl
Autumncurl

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 9:45 am

thankyou :) I will also attempt to have a tuesday op :P
Back to top Go down
bride_to_be_1980

Female
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 7:55 am

Definetly go Cheap Tuesday Suzi...hehehe..My gas lady will be Lorraine Robinson.

They didnt mention any other prices to me until I asked..I got my quote for $1185ish for the dr on Monday and nearly choked...I told her there was no way I could afford that and that I was expecting it to be much less. I said I may have to cancel the surgery. Even still....it wasnt until I asked if it would be cheaper to see another gas man on another day that she mentioned that I was booked with the most expensive one and that the next say would be MUCH cheaper...Go figure....

Apparently she is the same gas lady that did Brenda.

Anyways, wishing you all the good luck in the world and a very speedy recovery for tomorrow Suzi.

Hear from you Tuesday..
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 10:12 pm

OMG I wish they had told me that. Good girl gotta save money

I did ring and ask, but nothing was said about that.

Ok for the sleeve I wont be a Monday girl, Asking for cheap Tuesday. Who will be your gas man, must know that one, so I can ask Justin.

I will be home Tuesday - only in over night for this one!!!!!!.....

Will PM you and let you know how it goes.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
bride_to_be_1980

Female
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 3:10 pm

Goodluck for tomorrow afternoon Suzy...

My surgery date has changed...I was booked for the 6th Feb and I called up the anaethasist (sp?) and found out that it was $1185 out of pocket for that particular dr...

I asked about different drs and was told that the cost vary greatly and on a Monday, I will get the expensive dr but if I opted to go in the very next day, the out of pocket is only $450....

So.....im now booked on the 7th instead..with a $700 saving !!!

Suzy, whats the $25 fee for the hospital ? Is that daily or once off ?

Tiff, Congrats on your sleeve decision. Its nice to chat to ladies and gents that are all starting out too...I cant wait..
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Tiff

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyFri 20 Jan 2012, 1:50 am

Thanks Susie blue. Best of luck on monday
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012, 2:47 pm

Tiff

I am being debanded Monday afternoon - so I guess thats one of his Surgery days, and Wednesdays. Okay he also operates at other hospitals QE11.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Tiff

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

Good luck on Monday , I hope u have a speedy recovery!
Thanks for ur info on Dr G. What days does he do surgery?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon   Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Justin Greenslade - Brisbane Surgeon
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next