Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lioness82

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Greenslopes private room advice Empty
PostSubject: Greenslopes private room advice   Greenslopes private room advice EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013, 10:15 am

For those who had their op at greenslopes, can you please tell me what the rooms are like, as in what do you have in your rooms, how you can request a single room etc.

I've never been a patient in a private hospital but I know some have fridges, hoping this one does because I can't drink room temp water and milk etc ( makes me gag) and I know it takes ages to get through this stuff straight after the surgery. So I'm hoping,I can stick them in a fridge.  Wishful thinking I'm sure, but would love to know if anyone can help.  I have to be in for 4 night minimum, do they let you use iPads and mobiles etc and do they allow you to charge them?
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes private room advice   Greenslopes private room advice EmptyTue 17 Sep 2013, 9:50 am

Hi there

I have been into Greenslopes on many occassions and was very happy.

Only one bed to a room - television, onsuite.  Always clean and sevice is top notch.  Doctors visits are always first in the morning and usually go home time is about 9.00 am

Good luck

Val
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes private room advice   Greenslopes private room advice EmptyTue 17 Sep 2013, 10:16 am

I've seen a sign in the foyer saying you can buy wifi access so iPads must be ok.
Back to top Go down
Balisunset
Part of the furniture
Balisunset

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2013-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes private room advice   Greenslopes private room advice EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013, 5:12 am

Lioness82

I have a op done at Greenslopes and practically live there last year because my mother is on a Veterans Gold Card.  When I was in I do believe there is a fridge in the room and all the rest Val said.  I don't believe you can ask for a private room if there is one available you will get it but not sure if they only have private rooms in the private section.  The hospital has two parts for Private Patients and Vet Affairs.  From memory everyone I have visited had a private room.

From my understanding on the day of the op I do not think you go to your room until after the op.  I know I will be going to ICU for the first night and then to the ward.  I believe  after checking in with reception you sit and wait for a nurse to call you name.  From there you are prepared for the op and go to a place to wait.  I have read so much but that's what I remember.  I am not sure if the procedure is up to the doctor or the hospital.  I am being sleeved by Dr Justin Greenslade.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes private room advice   Greenslopes private room advice EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013, 7:38 am

Sorry forgot to tell you.

Obviously Justin Greenslade is your Surgeon.  Private rooms for his loverlies, no sharing.

I took my Mobile Phone and just recharged it in the wall socket.  And when you pay your $25 admin fee you will be given acess to Wifi.  Took my Lap Top with me and had absolutely no problems.  If you do phone is beside bed and all local calls are free.

I took a packet of decadent biscuits with me  mmmmmm.

Val
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenslopes private room advice   Greenslopes private room advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenslopes private room advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: