chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

this is the real reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 5:00 am

Well, I like Tempest's idea for sleevers, and if it works for you too, then more power to you.
I went to an acupuncturist a few days ago, and he convinced me of the major benefits of water.
No, don't laugh - apparently it does weird things to your brain when you're dehydrated, including you think you want sweet foods! Anyhow, have a glass of water if you're hungry, and make sure you drink 1.5 - 2L a day to be sure.
Other than that, if I had the answers, I sure would like it myself!
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 4:08 am

Hiya,

I tend to fall back into old patterns as well, then I thoughen up again LOL

What I do is cook up a big mixed green thing and then tell myself that if I have that first then I can have the treat after. Luckily for me I can almost never fit in anything else after. The beauty of the sleeve, BUT it might work for you even now. Let's face it when you are comfort eating do you really want a bowl of brussell sprouts LMAO

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
RayJ

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 4:00 am

holy $##t!! I dont know how u have coped at 260 mate !! 238 left me drowning in my own misery, u have my full respect that u could get urself out of the hole ur mind puts u in at that size!!

240 is awesome for a surgery date as my guy wouldnt touch me til I got under 200

Good Job mate keep it up!!
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 2:15 am

Well done mate, i am 242 down from 260 have to get down to 240 to get a surgery date, all i can say is we wouldnt be in this situation if we could lose weight and keep it off. keep up the good work mate.
Back to top Go down
RayJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 1:32 am

thanks Chris...lol

Yeah the comfort eating is becoming quite an issue but it really seems (at the moment) that the initial weight that I took off was rediculously easy and that now that I have to work to get it off it is too hard...I know that is just my mind screwing with me but it's a demon I am currently having difficulty slaying....any advice?
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 1:00 am

Oh, no, not being over-sensitive - more like purely realistic, I think!
Unfortunately the sleeve can't help with the comfort eating and we'll be dealing with those issues forever - some more successfully than others.
The good thing is that it stops us from putting on a lot over a very little time, which is wonderful.
Maybe changing your routine at the times you find most challenging? Like a walk after dinner instead of watching the TV? (Should definitely take my own advice there!!!)
Don't forget that you're doing the whole thing because you WANT to - so why would you want to make it harder on yourself by putting weight on before the op? I'm very familiar with self-sabotage myself - just saying...*grin*
Lots of luck
Chris
Back to top Go down
RayJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 11:55 pm

Thanks SP!! Junk food is not a problem...it really doesn't appeal to me any more but I have found myself eating even when I know I've had enough and that I don't even want what I'm now eating...boredom and stupidity cannot be ruled out!!lol.
I know I've already come so far but the mental conditioning is really becoming an effort for me, I mean I see sooo many super morbidly fat people on t v now and their complete lack of realism scares me as I see so much of my own attitude in them!

Do any of you feel the same or am I just being over sensitive about the whole deal?
Back to top Go down
Shrinkingpeach

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 11:38 pm

Hi Ray,

I started looking into weight loss in january 2009 and had my surgery 10th march 2011, So i had a little bit of a delay between deciding i want surgery getting referrals etc and actually having it! I started at 144kgs and when i had surgery i was 118kgs. Over the course of the 2 year period i found it hard to excersize because it hurt. Everything hurt, even going to the supermarket to pick up a couple of things, i needed to sit down and rest after. I didnt really lose much weight in that time but i tried - a lot of the time unsuccessfully - to drop some weight. I would go through spurts of eating relatively healthily and times when i would just eat nothing but junk food. Its hard having to wait a while for the surgery with keeping up healthy food as for me, i was always so so so hungry. I think honestly having gall stones helped me lose what weight i did as i couldnt eat a lot of fatty food. When i started opti i was 126kgs so only 18kgs lost in 2 years. So to lose the weight you have is incredible to me, i couldnt do it. All i can suggest is try to keep focused on the surgery date and try to make healthier choices, i know easier said than done. You have done an amazing job to lose so much weight already and i bet you are already feeling 100 times better than when you started. Take one day at a time and one meal at a time and just focus on all you have achieved. Try to remember what it felt like at your highest weight compared to now, and just remember it is only going to get better for you!!
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 8:32 pm

Hi Ray!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Keep at it, dont give up. You have come SUCH a long way!!! Congratulations on the weight loss so far.

Like Chris said, go back to doing what you were- its working!

Talk to us on here lots, this place is so full of support!

Love and hugs

Nat
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 7:29 pm

Hi Ray, and welcome
Wow, I can't believe how much weight you've lost already - fantastic effort!
Okay, so don't stress about putting that weight back on - it's only a little while to go now, so just keep on going and remember that it will be so much easier after your op.
But you don't want to jeopardise your op, so just go back to what you were doing when you were losing, with a new resolve. Counting down now, and so close compared to when you started. Remember that if you put it on now, you'll only have to take it off again later, so might as well keep going!
Simple - yes. Easy? Absolutely not! I get it. But you're doing so very well, so congratulate yourself for that, and now you know that you can do it - just for another 7 weeks!
Good luck, and I'll be looking forward to hearing how you're going.
this is the real reality 446871 this is the real reality 217555
Back to top Go down
RayJ

Male

PostSubject: this is the real reality   this is the real reality EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 3:04 pm

Ok so first time here so bare with me....:)

Name: Ray
Starting weight: 238.8kgs (526.46lbs)
Starting date: 20 Sept 2010
Current weight: 180.2kgs (397.27lbs)
Current loss: 58.6kgs (129.19lbs)

Currently I'm due for my sleeve on 29th June but I'm really having trouble maintaining the weight loss...I've put back on 4.8kgs !! How do others deal with this or am I the only one?
Has anyone else experienced this kind of delay in the time between starting your jouney and surgery?

I know its a lot to ask but I just found this forum and I'm really not sure where I am and where I'm going at the moment, a different but knowledgable view would be awesome

thanks
Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this is the real reality   this is the real reality Empty

Back to top Go down

this is the real reality
Page 1 of 1