AuthorMessage
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

abit about the real me Empty
PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyThu 29 Apr 2010, 1:51 pm

Thanks Gail,
I took your advice and looked at the gallery photos, you look so great! Definitely a difference with before and after shots of people. Most of them are glowing...thanks for giving me the idea of looking at the photos, really enjoyed it.
keep in touch. xxx
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyTue 27 Apr 2010, 9:34 am

Hi Realme,

Congratulations on making the decision, the rest will just fall in to place for you.
The year will just fly by and surgery time will be here before you know it.

If your husband is apprehensive take him to the gallery, the before and after shots are amazing. Not just for the weight loss but look at peoples faces, at how happy they all are.
It's a whole different world when you feel fit and healthy LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 3:10 pm

Hi redrooter99
My hubby is becoming more and more used to the idea, but also it is a while away so I imagine he'll start "complaining" about it the closer I get to my surgery. I know its just the nerves talking and he is just scared that something will go wrong but I have to keep reassuring him that it will all be right on the day (men can be such girls sometimes!!!, well mine can hehehe).
I hope it goes quick, they tell me it should go really quick after December....oh well Ive waited this long to get the weight off, whats another 12 months.....
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 1:12 pm

welcome realme,
the wait will go quick!
My hubby was NOT supportive of my decesion, but i just organized it and kept at it, and in the end he came round, and totally missed me while i was away, having it.(spent 3 weeks in sydney)
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyFri 23 Apr 2010, 11:34 pm

Thanks to all of you so much, I really do hope this year goes quick, sometimes its all I think about! In the mean time Ill keep reading, researching and enjoying everyones comments.

take care

real me (Mari)
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyFri 23 Apr 2010, 11:29 pm

Welcome realme :)

I am also waiting out until my PHI matures, only 7 weeks to go! Yay!

The year will go by quickly, but not at the same time iykwim. I guess I'd suggest that you book all your appointments with your surgeon and any others you need NOW so you can book them when you want them. I staggered all my appointments every 6 weeks or so, so I had something to look forward to and i was getting them all done before my PHI kicked in. My surgery is only 9 days after my PHI matures, and since I got in so early I got to choose a date that suited me - just before school holidays so i didn't have to drive for 2 weeks.

My husband came around quickly after I showed him my list of pros and cons for the sleeve vs the band and a few things online. Good luck with yours!
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyFri 23 Apr 2010, 10:04 am

Hi - I've been researching the sleeve for ages. See my joining date? That's when I joined my health fund.
I would have had the sleeve in January when the insurance kicked in but my hubby and I bought a house instead. Then I hd to find a new GP, a new surgeon....

In any case, you would be surprised at how fast it all happens.

I have to meet the dietician and then back to the surgeon to arrange an operation date still but my first appointment with the surgeon was only 2 weeks ago and my surgery date appointment in another 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
aprilsun
aprilsun

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyFri 23 Apr 2010, 9:52 am

Hi Realme,
My PHI just kicked in April 8th, so Im hopefully going to get sleeved in June. I have been to see the surgeon and need to have some tests first.

Just wanted to say , that the year will fly, it might not seem that way, but it does.
I kept coming on to this site and reading everyones stories, and learning all i could [ and still learning], and couldnt believe it when April rolled up.

While your waiting, you'll come across others that are waiting for the phi to kick in so you wont be alone, and of course you can post on here yourself which helps past the time.

Happy waiting and I wish you all the best.

Anna
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyFri 23 Apr 2010, 9:04 am

Hi realme,

I too waited 12 months for health insurance to kick in.... and boy did it go quickly.

My husband was a little wary of this operation at first too... but knew that I wanted it so agreed. I was originally booked to have a lap band.. but he was not to keen on the idea of having something foreign in my body... and all the problems it may cause... and after a lot of research.... I too ended up agreeing.. and deciding (at the last minute)... that the sleeve was the option for me... and thank god I changed my mind... I am so happy with my decision.

He is now overjoyed with the decision we made... and is very proud of my weight loss now. I think that they just worry what the consequences may be.

Leanne
Back to top Go down
Alipetunia
Alipetunia

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyFri 23 Apr 2010, 7:48 am

Hi realme and welcome to this fabulous site. I'm a newbie like you.... seeing surgeon for 1st appointment next week and hope to get sleeved in July. Great that you'll be doing this when the kids are only toddlers.... so much time ahead to enjoy life with them as a healthier mum.
Look forward to hearing more from you.
Regards,
Alison
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female

PostSubject: abit about the real me   abit about the real me EmptyFri 23 Apr 2010, 5:07 am

Hi everyone
I have been lurking around for the last couple of months on this forum and have found that all the information and support everyone gives has enforced my decision to go ahead and have the gastric sleeve surgery done. Firstly I had no money and no PHI so I started up in March 10 with my PHI kicking in on April 2011. Long wait I know but hey, Ive been unhappy about my weight for a lot longer than 1 yr so I just have to wait until next yr and my new exciting and happier life. Ive had enough of being this weight for the past 10 yrs & now I have 2 toddlers, I dont want another 10 yrs to go by (which they will, very quickly I might add) and Ill still be miserable about my weight. Hubby unfortunately is not overly supportive of me having this procedure but is not totally against it either which is more than I could ask for at this stage (though I will still do it with or without his support). Well I look forward to a yr of making wonderful, supportive, understanding and inspiring friends through this forum & 2011 here I come!

realme abit about the real me 63412

Current weight 104kg
Goal weight 65kg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: abit about the real me   abit about the real me Empty

Back to top Go down

abit about the real me
Page 1 of 1