AuthorMessage
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

I need real advise from a  assurgent Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need real advise from a assurgent   I need real advise from a  assurgent EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 5:25 pm

Hi Tosulait,

Welcome to the forum.
Chris and Kalgirl have provided you excellent advice so I won't add anything there, but I do wish you the best of luck with everything and would love to hear how you get on.
Congratulations on everything you have achieved so far.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: I need real advise from a assurgent   I need real advise from a  assurgent EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 8:36 pm

Ho Tosulait and welcome
Firstly, congratulations on your weight loss. That's a lot to lose in a short time, so you've done well.
I totally agree with what Kalgirl said, but would like to add my 2c worth.
1. Why does your doctor want to re-do the sleeve? Is there something wrong with it? Or does he mean that he wants you to move on to the gastric bypass, perhaps, as some docs see the sleeve as the first step in a two part process to do the bypass? You need to go back and talk to him, and Kal's idea of getting some other opinions is a good one.
2. Don't forget, if you're doing all the right things and you go up and down a kilor or so, it will probably be okay in the long run. If it's more than this, take a look at what you're doing. Why are you putting weight on? Are you eating properly? 3 meals per day, one cup of food per meal, mostly protein? Are you drinking lots of water?
Best wishes, and let us know how you go.
Chris
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: I need real advise from a assurgent   I need real advise from a  assurgent EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 7:44 am

T - welcome to the site.

first of all - well done and congratulations for losing weight.
don't ever forget that the sleeve has obviously worked for you initially, even if you are now seeing an increase in weight.

to my knowledge, no one on this site has had to have the GSV done twice.

the members of this forum will always advise you to seek out the advice of a medical
professional, and it could be worth you seeing more than one doctor, to get a range of
professional opinions, to assist you in making the correct choice for yourself.

maybe it's also time to seek the help of a nutritionist for guidance with your diet,
or a psychologist or psychiatrist, in case you have an underlying condition that can be corrected thru
behaviour modification support or therapy.

however, while i have a lot of sympathy for you, the answers from fellow members will probably
remind you that the sleeve is only a tool - everything else is up to you.

you must be committed to changing your lifestyle.
you simply cannot continue to shovel crappy food into your body.
this IS within your control, as we all on here know from long, hard trial and error.

i have had great success, and it wasn't easy retraining myself to show some self discipline.
but i had a steely attitude that i wanted the operation to be a springboard for a complete lifestyle change.
i have put this into practice and i am now enjoying the rewards that come from being so disciplined.

remember, unless your surgeon tells you differently, you STILL have a tiny stomach.
it's NOT too late for you to make that tiny stomach work for you.
but you will have to really WANT to change.
all the talk and advice you might find on this site means nothing if YOU don't do what you KNOW you have to do.
the members on this site will be more than willing to help support and encourage you to get back on the right track.

you've posed an interesting problem. i wish you the best of luck T.

Kalgirl X
Back to top Go down
tosulait

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: I need real advise from a assurgent   I need real advise from a  assurgent EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 7:20 am

My name is tosulait ,from Qatar , I used to be 220 Kg, I tried lap banding in 1999 but the DR recommended gastric slave which I did I in 2009 , I me now 183 kg

My DR, is telling me that should redo the gastric slave operation specially that my weight start to move up ,
I me really scared to go back to my last weight
My question
,Is their nother seluotion ? . Pleas advise

Regards
Tosulait
I need real advise from a  assurgent Bwi88262
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need real advise from a assurgent   I need real advise from a  assurgent Empty

Back to top Go down

I need real advise from a assurgent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: