Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !

Go down 
+4
chrisbychic
foober
Eringirl
crystalblue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
crystalblue
crystalblue

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-10-17

The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! Empty
PostSubject: Th dream is fast becoming a reality!! Bring it on!!   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 8:13 am

wow i made it!!

after a horrible sleepnless night pre surgery i nearly did not go through with it on the morning of surgery, i was just lucky that my freind and i were having the same op on the same day with the same dr or i dont think i would have made it to the hospital!!

I am now 5 days post op and feeling not too bad, i do have a sore tummy where the hernia was repaired and am limited in how much i can do around the house, but i think all will be fine! but i feel soooooo swollen in my belly i actually feel like i look like im 9 months preggers!! i hope this goes down soon !

I am having issues with remebering to drink water every 10 mins( ive often been going a couple of hours without) as i got dehydrated in hospital and ended up with the worst migraine imginable.. I even have to remind myself when it's time for me to eat!! WOW!! now thats a first!

im trying different things and have just de the much discussed cauliflower and camambert cheese soup , and must say that it is the best thing i have had in weeks!! and after working out the calories in each serve it is equal to 1 opti slim.. so will be having this for the next few days for sure

I just cant wait for the next few months to pass, and start to see the 'ol me' re-appear!!

I know that its a little hard now, but it definetly is the best thing i could ever have done for my health!! and my children ,hubby and especially myself !!
Back to top Go down
crystalblue
crystalblue

Female

PostSubject: 4 days to go!!!!!   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

4 days to go and am so freaked out!!!!

am excited yet freaking out about the whole procedure! my brain is in bloody overdrive! the what if's are driving me INSANE! i feel like im having a bloody civil war inside my own brain!

this may also have to do with total lack of food... yes by this i mean opti...blah... yuck!!! STARVATION!! ( and yes i have failed at this a few meals during the last few weeks :( ) and also giving up smoking at the same time!! ive also helped the opti stage along with a few duromine......needless to say i have become a little ( well maybe alot!!)snappier then my usual self!!( poor hubby...god bless him..lol)

i just hope the next 4 days fly past!!!!

just trying to keep the eye on the prize :)
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyWed 19 Oct 2011, 10:58 am

Hi CB,
Welcome to the forum. Lots of interesting people and information on here. I look forward to following your journey.
It is so very normal to be scared before this lifechanging op - but I personally feel, if the fear is mixed with excitement, then you are making the right decision. If it is fear alone, it is not for you. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
crystalblue
crystalblue

Female

PostSubject: Not so scared anymore:)   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyWed 19 Oct 2011, 9:34 am

I want to say a big thankyou for everyone's support and ideas!! The more I think about the op and the more I read about it, the more I am sure that I'm doing the right thing!!
This site is an absolute god send!!
I now realize that it may not be all roses to start with, but eventually I will be in a orchard!
I wish everyone the best in there surgery and their quest for a healthier longer life!! Xo
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyWed 19 Oct 2011, 9:32 am

I was extremely impatient and eager to get this surgery done but I still had those nagging doubts and from what I read on here everyone does. Once I found this forum I read from it every day, peoples diaries, complications, successes and long term sleevers experiences. After a while of reading about this surgery everyday the loud panicked screaming voice of doubt in my head became much quieter and pretty soon I was confident that I had made the right decision and was totally comfortable with it. I'm not saying I wasn't nervous but I just knew that if I didn't do this I would die a young woman and not get the chance to see my gorgeous grandaughter grow up or my beautiful daughter get married some day. No one can tell you wether you should have this op or not it is completely your decision but read, read, read as much as you can from this wonderful informative site and talk to those who have been through it and in the end you will know what the right thing to do is. Good luck with your journey.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyWed 19 Oct 2011, 8:55 am

Welcome to the site crystalblue.. What a pretty user name :)

I can't relate to the bullimic side of things, but I can relate to the being fat side of things.

Everyone that I spoke to in the first month after having surgery asked me how I was going, and if I would recommend it.. I said ask me in another couple of months... I'm 2 months out exactly today, and I would recommend this surgery hands down to anyone that asked me.

I was nervous, but excited for my future... I wish you all the best, and may every one of your goals & dreams come true :)
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyWed 19 Oct 2011, 12:25 am

Oh Chrystalblue! I can relate a lot to you!

I spent nearly all my teens with my fingers down my throat. It was the only way I knew I could control my weight. I was a size 12 - 14 back then (I am a solid build so that size is good for me) and I also saw a fat chick in the mirror....when I look back at those picks of me I realise I was not fat at all! Maybe not as healthy though given the forced puking. I had to have a gastroscopy in my early 20's and the doc noted lacerations on the back of my throat as well as stomach ulcers. At this stage I had managed to stop myself from purging for a couple of years. I think by then I realised I was hurting myself and did not want to spend the rest of my life like that.

I have chosen to undertake the sleeve to finally get a grip on my weight which has escalated to 125 kgs over the years (in spite of every diet and snake oil pill on the market). To be honest one part of me is telling me I need to do this once and for all and that it is the right thing for me to do, but another part of me is terrified! I am acknowledging the fact that I am feeling scared as I feel it is a normal part of the process and if I don't acknowledge it the fear will be stronger. I am yet to book my op as I am in the process of applying to APRA for funds to cover my gap, But having seen my surgeon and agreed on the sleeve and knowing that all I need is my funds to be booked, the fear has been speaking quite loudly! I know that if I back away, I will regret not having followed through and will be loathing myself even more. I believe that not one single person here has taken the operation lightly and every one of us will have experienced some sense of fear.

Can't wait to try out some skinny jeans myself one day! Hope to read of your success in the coming months!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

Hi CB

Well, you know it's normal to have second thoughts - it's a big step, as you well know. If you're sure of your reasons (and it sounds to me as though you are), and confident that the surgery will help (not so sure about this one), then it's a no-brainer. But if you're unsure that this is the right thing to do, definitely get some help to go through the issues before the op. Talk to your surgeon (definitely), psych, mum, best friend - whoever can help.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

PostSubject: Re: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

Hi Crystalblue

You say that you are unsure ,not sure if you are doing the right thing. You have to be certain before going through with this as it is not reversible .
Its only a suggestion but maybe you should talk through the process and options with a dietician or psych before taking the plunge. Many ,many people have done this and its helped. And many surgeons make you see a dietician ,or psych before they perform the op just to make sure you knwo the full story.

If you are worried and you sound it then you should talk to someone otherwise the same issues may arise.

I don't wish to offend but it is a big decision and I wished I had talked it through before the op with a psych , as I did have a couple of "WTF" moments . I don't regret the decision but it would have minimized the panic I felt 3 days after the op.

all the best
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 10:15 am

hey crystal blue

thinking i said hello to you in another part of the site, not to worry, welcome again from a fellow 8 November to be sleever

im loving all those things you aspire to be and will become in time.

soon we both begin this journey of ours

have faith and be strong. think i might be saying that out loud so i can tell myself at the same time lol.

Regards

Erin
Back to top Go down
crystalblue
crystalblue

Female

PostSubject: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 9:37 am

Hi All,

I have been an unhappy 'fat person' most of my adult life, i have 4 young beautiful children who i am so scared are going to see their much loved mother die from an obesity related illness. My dream is to be able to run, play ,swim and do absoslutley everything with my kids that i havent done because of my weight .

My self loathing is at an all time high as is my weight. i feel i have rached the cross roads and this is where i make the decision to change my life for the better

I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to have sleeve surgery on the 8th of novemeber with Dr Kuzinkovas at St George Private, but for some stupid reason i am still so unsure if i am doing the 'right ' thing?,

I have battled obesity most of my life (except when i became bullimic at 19 and dropped 50 kilos ( from 106-56kgs), but still saw an ugly fat person in the mirror). I look back now and see A young hottie..(lol) but back then i never saw it... im kind of worried that i will have same issues again when and if i lose the 50kg's i need to lose to be my ideal weight.

I want to be healthy and pain free from back and joint pain!!

I want to wear sexy lingerie

I want to rock heels!!

I want to wear skiny jeans with heels and all that stuff!!

And i want to feel like the young 35yr old i really am... not like an old woman!!

I want to be free from all the self conciousness that i feel so badly...

I want to love the person i see staring back at me in the mirror

So i thought i would start putting pen to paper( or mouse to keyboard ...lol) just as a reminder to me of how i really feel at this point in time, so after the surgery i'll never forget the head space im in now!

p.s sorry if i have bored anyonwe with my long windedness :)

Last edited by crystalblue on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !   The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on ! Empty

Back to top Go down

The dream is fast becoming a reality!! bring it on !
Page 1 of 1