whitegold10
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PocketRocket

Male
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-08-15

8 months out needing help! Empty
PostSubject: Name of protein mix used for Body Builders that I have found really useful   8 months out needing help! EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 1:26 pm

whitegold10 wrote:
Thanks so much everyone for the support and tips!! I really really appreciate it! My Vinyl what protein powder do you use?

Hello whitegold10

Here are the details of the protein powder mix I use. It is originally designed for bodybuilders and has the following stats:

35gram scoop
=120 Cal
=20 grams protein
=4 grams carbs

It has worked wonders for me, and here are the details for you to do some research.
Manufacturer = BNRG
Website and link to item = http://store.bnrg.com/p-225-proto-whey-5lb-vanilla-creme.aspx

I love the taste of the vanilla creme and have it in the morning with fresh fruits and make a super smoothie to start my day. I just had a small scoop at 22.19 as I was feeling a bit hungry, and after having a drink I now feel satisfied and do not need any food. If you buy some and then do not like it, I will buy it off you, so it's worth a go.

I bought it from this shop and they have many different outlets around
Sydney, and the staff were really friendly and helpful when I asked some
questions about protein and my needs.
http://www.australiansportsnutrition.com.au/location_bondi.php

Also if you need someone to go out for a walk or cycle to burn off some extra calories, then just drop me a message and it might help to have someone to back you up or give you some encouragement for the last bit of your journey.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on with it

MrVinyl
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! EmptySun 01 May 2011, 10:45 pm

I agree, some excellent tips here.

I for one though, don't want to see any more shakes or protein powder Boggled

Just eat some more protein, ie cheese, yoghurts, etc etc
Lots of different high protein snack bars around also, Woollies has a good range.

I have also been struggling over the past couple of months with my eating, and have gained 3 kgs!! Don't get me wrong, I have come a long way and am very very happy.

Need to get some sort of control back with my eating, still eating a healthy high protein diet, its all the added extra's I am now snacking on!! Off to see a psychologist as one of the things I have never addressed in my journey is my binge eating/addiction to food.

8 months out needing help! 217555 8 months out needing help! 217555
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! EmptySun 01 May 2011, 3:08 pm

whitegold10 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am loving my new body so far and I know I have lost a fair amount of weight but i am STRUGGLING to lose the last 2ish kg to my goal weight!! Im going up and down from 71.4 to 72.4 for the last 2 months and it is driving me mental as my goal is 2 kilos away! I also really want to reassess my goal and lose some more weight as I think it would do me good.

I have been exercising, but have also lost all willpower often snacking and eating much more than i used to. Help! It really is scary how much more food I can eat all of a sudden.

Im really worried and disappointed in myself that I wont lose any more weight and be stuck 2kg from my goal typical me never doing anything 100%. I need a pep talk sleevers! I am over 8 months out and with the 12 month gap closing in fast I really am doubting if I can lose any more weight.

Any thoughts, suggestions, words of wisdom, motivation? Very much appreciated 8 months out needing help! 217555

Whitegold,
You've received some great tips already, but I thought I would put a different slant on it...

How about you change your goal to your weight NOW... then you are at goal... this way you have achieved 100% ...and if you lose more you will be below goal. That way you've already won the race and when you go below you've bettered yourself... what do you think?

I have been struggling with being positive over the last few months and I am trying to see things in a different way, as a form of self motivation. Often we are hard on ourselves unlike no other. LOOK at what you've achieved in sooooo little time. I was 108kg on the day of my op I am now 82kg and that has taken me 10mths! Have I failed... HELL NO!! Will I get to my goal? I ain't sure, but if I don't I have added 20yrs on my life and a better, healthier body to enjoy those years in. And if I do get to goal, well... I will probably be explode...lol
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! EmptySun 01 May 2011, 7:57 am

Thanks so much everyone for the support and tips!! I really really appreciate it! My Vinyl what protein powder do you use?
Back to top Go down
PocketRocket

Male
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Hello whitegold10 - how's your water and protein intake?   8 months out needing help! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 12:30 pm

Hello whitegold10Thought I would say hello and I also want to say that you have
done fantastically well :-)

I was in a similar situation, but changed my exercise routine
to incorporate more spinning classes and that worked wonders for me.

Three tips that have really worked for me:

Tip 1) buy a pedometer and set a target of walking 10,000
steps each day
. If I don't do 10,000 steps everyday it rolls over and I
have to catch up on the weekend. This is great for accountability and
keeps me on track daily with my walking.

Tip 2) Upping my water intake and as soon as I feel hungry,
grab some water first and then wait ten minutes and if I am still hungry, then
I will eat something.

Tip 3) Buy quality protein powder. This has been a
really winner for me, and really helps when you feel hungry later on in the
evening. I pour 200ml of water with some of the protein powder and a
couple of ice cubes in the blender and I feel really full and satisfied. If you are interested I will post the link to
the brand I use after doing lots of research on the web.

I hope these tips help and best of luck with losing those last
few kgs and I know you can do it:-)

MrVinyl
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 8:29 am

Wow what an impressive weight loss! If you want to lose the last few kilo's I'd suggest you do 5 days of Optifast (if you can stomach it!). It's a quick way to lose extra kg's.

Otherwise, just enjoy being slim and healthy because you are!
8 months out needing help! 446871
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 8:00 am

Whitegold, I started at 109, not far from you. 105kg on op day - 16/08/11, 2 weeks after you.

I weigh 82kgs, and you weigh 72!!!!

I think you have done really well, We still have 3 1/2 months left, my goal is under 70, I'm not stressing, and I have 12 kilos to loose, so relax!!!

You've done really well!

Janelou xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 5:33 am

Hi, Whitegold.

I have been chasing the same 5 lbs around for almost five months, and am finally getting past it. Because we have so much less excess fat on our body, losing the last part is much slower, even if proportionally we are losing the same percentage of weight. Go look at Caz's chart of her slow and steady weight loss - she posted it as an aid to us all.

Best,

Zoe
Back to top Go down
crazy_ma64
Part of the furniture
crazy_ma64

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 11:58 am

Hey Whitegold10,

Congrats on the loss so far. 8 months out needing help! 542174
Dont be so hard on yourself mate!! You have done so well and there is absolutely no reason you wont get down to goal and below. It does get harder to loose the closer to goal you get. Add an extra kilometre to your walking, have a few days or more of opti to check your calorie intake. Just dont panic and definelty dont doubt yourself. When you stress it will make it harder to do everything. Go back to basics.
When you think your hungry have water come on you know the run so pull up your socks and get to it.

Come on mate you will be fine. Its taken years to build that layer up and only 8 mnths to clear it away. another 4 months to go and then is just maintaining.
Cheers Juls
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 10:53 am

Hey everyone,

I am loving my new body so far and I know I have lost a fair amount of weight but i am STRUGGLING to lose the last 2ish kg to my goal weight!! Im going up and down from 71.4 to 72.4 for the last 2 months and it is driving me mental as my goal is 2 kilos away! I also really want to reassess my goal and lose some more weight as I think it would do me good.

I have been exercising, but have also lost all willpower often snacking and eating much more than i used to. Help! It really is scary how much more food I can eat all of a sudden.

Im really worried and disappointed in myself that I wont lose any more weight and be stuck 2kg from my goal typical me never doing anything 100%. I need a pep talk sleevers! I am over 8 months out and with the 12 month gap closing in fast I really am doubting if I can lose any more weight.

Any thoughts, suggestions, words of wisdom, motivation? Very much appreciated 8 months out needing help! 217555
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 months out needing help!   8 months out needing help! Empty

Back to top Go down

8 months out needing help!
Page 1 of 1