AuthorMessage
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

New and needing suggestions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptySat 14 Feb 2015, 7:49 am

Hi Monjarra,

Welcome to the site. I found The World According to Eggfaces' site very helpful. I still go back and check out her new recipes. Loved her Ricotta Bake in the puree stage and her mini-meat loaf, crab eggbites in the soft food stages. Definitely check it out and you won't get bored with your food.  http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com.au/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

Shelly's Baked Ricotta

8 oz of Ricotta Cheese 
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce 
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 230 C. for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

cheers Nini.
Back to top Go down
Monjara
Monjara

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptySat 14 Feb 2015, 7:25 am

Hey WW... cruskits & avo.. YUMMO! will give it ago when I'm on mushy... I'm salivating just thinking about it LOL..

Cheers
M
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015, 11:47 pm

Hey Monjara, a solid food solution for you --> Cruskits turn to puree in your mouth so if you top them with something soft like avocado, ricotta mulched up with smoked salmon or spreadable cheese, you get a nice crunch.  

My dietitian suggested them for the 2nd week of purees but I had already heard about it on here - he claimed it was "his thing", lol.  I think I cheated a little and had some towards the end of the first week as I was a bit (a lot) over puree stage.  It was a great option.
Back to top Go down
Monjara
Monjara

Female

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015, 11:03 pm

Thanks bella & stealthy, all good suggestions and all foods that I like...
I have appointment with Dietician on Monday so hopefully she will have some ideas too... Gee I miss solid food... lol
Bella, thanks for the Yakult suggestion, cant go wrong with a probiotic...

Cheers
W
Back to top Go down
stealthy cat

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015, 10:39 am

I have just finished the 2 weeks of soft food - I didn't have to do puree though so my ideas might not help.

Soup
Baked beans
Soft fish 
Mashed potato with pumpkin and sweet potato
Egg (scrambled in the microwave)
Boost juice with extra protein
Protein revival 
Smoothies - protein powder, frozen banana, blueberries, strawberries and milk
Jelly
Custard
I also made a osso bucco and pureed it and added it in with the mashed veg for taste.
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture
Bellaballerina33

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 8:05 am

I found a mild home made hommus good. I can second the salmon and cottage cheese, that was fantastic. I ate cottage cheese with everything. Ricotta is good too. My father in law made a bolognese sauce, I blended it with ricotta and pureed. Other than that I had soups, thinner at first then thicker. Chobani yoghurt is good I get the honey one. Try a little yakukt every day too. I found it helped balance my gut and you can add it to your fluid intake so it can't hurt really. Best of luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 4:49 am

On the Home page, scroll down to 'Diet, Exercise and More'...and under that there is a Recipe page where you can go into and see different threads/posts.  I haven't used it before myself but I should!!
Back to top Go down
Monjara
Monjara

Female

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 2:44 am

Thanks DayleD, things I would never have thought of and some things I forgot even existed (Fruche)... definitely will be trying some of those ideas... Is there anywhere on here (particular page) where users can post recipes and/or things they have tired for specific phases for post op?
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 2:29 am

Hey Monjara,

I kept a diary (on my blog) and have had a look back and found this post about when I started purees, hope it helps some:

The goal for the next two weeks is thick pureed food, 50-60gm protein per day, having 3 meals per day, plus 2 dairy snacks, plus my fluids.
This week I’ve added in foods such as:

• Baked Beans – pureed (even nicer with tomato sauce added)
  • Heinz Chili Beef – pureed (OMG yum), nice and thick too – and I get 4 meals from one can, lol
  • Heinz Chunky Beef and Vegetable – pureed, a little bland but better with some added cracked pepper
  • Taylors Spicy Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup – pureed (delicious)
  • Darikay Hearty Chicken Soup – pureed (really, really nice but this soup would probably be better for liquid phase as it’s very runny when blended-you wouldn’t even need to add broth to dilute)
  • Red Kidney Beans added to some of the above to increase protein amount
  • Chobani Yoghurts – my dietitian recommended this brand of yoghurt as it has a higher protein count than most other brands. She also recommended I get the plain or vanilla type as it has less sugar, then add my own pureed fruit in (strawberries or banana etc) as opposed to buying the fruit flavoured ones. I did this and added my own strawberries, and while it was very nice, I do prefer the already mixed fruit flavours
  • Fruche Yoghurts – so thick and filling, and the mango flavour is simply divine
  • Petit Miam Yoghurts – in squeeze packs, small, easy to ‘eat’, I tend to finish these quickly though
  • Fruit Puree Tubs and Squeeze Packs – handy packs and fruit is good for added fibre
  • Salmon and Ricotta blend pureed (probably the yummiest thing I’ve had in the past few weeks, it was like I’d died and gone to the stars)
  • Still to try this week: poached egg with avocado

Back to top Go down
Monjara
Monjara

Female

PostSubject: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 2:26 am

Hi, I'm 7 days post op, still doing the liquid phase.. struggling a little to consume the volumes they recommend but what I'm really hoping for is some suggestions with the puree phase.. I cant see myself eating baby food from a jar or tin and I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I can not live on yoghurt alone for 14days... so any suggestions or recommendations for variety, from those who have gone before me will be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Monjara

Last edited by Monjara on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and needing suggestions please   New and needing suggestions please Empty

Back to top Go down

New and needing suggestions please
Page 1 of 1