AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Newbie Needing Advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Needing Advise   Newbie Needing Advise EmptyMon 17 Jan 2011, 5:59 am

Hi,

I still don't drink straight water, I always add a tiny bit of diet cordial and that does the trick.
The others are right, slow down on the eating. I used to have a little mouth full then push the bowl away so that I didn't take the next bit too fast.

Trial and error that is the best advise.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Needing Advise   Newbie Needing Advise EmptyMon 17 Jan 2011, 3:08 am

Hello
Water is the hardest substance on earth. Harder than rock (think of water dripping on a stone gradually wearing it down). Surface tension can be broken by diluting with cordial. Apple juice is best as it combines with water to hydrate the bowel or some such thing.

Eating: Its possible you are full but not getting the signal til too late- try stopping a little earlier?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
hape2cu

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Needing Advise   Newbie Needing Advise EmptyMon 17 Jan 2011, 2:58 am

Hi Cindy,

I cant really help you with your problem with Water - ill admit im naughty and hate plain water, i always dilute it with a small amount of cordial. But i have noticed a lot of times on here people mentioning plain water can cause pain, but i dont understand why. Hopefully someone else can answer that for you.

Now i can explain what might be happening with the food. I felt a lot of discomfort for many weeks, sometimes even now (3 months out) but its either because im eating too much or more likely too fast. I really struggle with the concept of eating slow. I dont like my hot food getting cold.

Well done on your weight loss so far. I promise the pain gets better. But take it slow and easy.

hape2cu
Back to top Go down
booklover98

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-15

PostSubject: Newbie Needing Advise   Newbie Needing Advise EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 4:41 pm

Hello,

My name is Cindy----I am going on my 4th week post-op and the only problem I seem to be having is I always have stomach ache after eating and I can not seem to drink water--My stomach does not like it!!! I immediately get nauseated --I do not know if these is normal--I have my first appt. with my nutritionist---I have lost 35 lbs so far ---Is this normal? Newbie Needing Advise 473426
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Needing Advise   Newbie Needing Advise Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie Needing Advise
Page 1 of 1