5 posters
AuthorMessage
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyThu 02 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

Hey hi fishyoutofwater

All is Good ....

I just had to have iron put into my vein ...Bcos my iron levels were way to low ........Feeling alot better now .......

Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic Event
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 11:49 pm

Hi Lovelyslim,

Can I ask what an iron infusion entails?

I was one (and still am) of those morbidly obese people with no real co-morbidities. I was 174.5kgs without high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, latest blood tests showed I was pre-diabetic, etc etc. I knew it was only a matter of time.

You are doing the right thing, getting yourself up to par before your sleeving.

Well done and good luck.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 3:50 pm

Just had my Iron infusion done today ..... From 7.30am till 3pm ....... All went well ......
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 4:37 pm

Trying to get as healthy as i can for surgery ....vitamin wise.... BUT my weight is creeping up Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........On 120kilos now (163cm tall)....... I'm ballooning hehehehehehehehehehe ... Maybe once i get the Iron infusion done on friday ...i might have more energy to exercise a bit ...........

see how we Go ...................
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyFri 13 May 2011, 3:30 pm

Hey hello

Just had my vit.B injection on wednesday 11/5/11 need another 2 more shots ...... and going for my iron infusion on friday ......

It's all happening ...

22 weeks to go for optifast ........
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptySat 16 Apr 2011, 2:37 am

hey Hello

Just an update ......... will be having an iron infusion on 20 May and vit.D and Vit.B injections ........ I guess this will make me strong before my Sleeve in 25 weeks time ........hopefully it works ..........
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 7:43 pm

Check on all of those and more!
Like neljatye, I was on insulin - loads of it, actually - as I just couldn't get control of the diabetes. Lots of meds as well. Now I take nothing, and my HBA1C is generally between about 6.3 and 6.8 - which I'm over the moon about. Now I don't even think about it much! If you're lucky, by Christmas you'll be diabetes free!
My low iron and vit D have been an issue for me pre-op, and just recently I was tested for both and found that I was low in both, so on supplements for them again. Haven't had injections or infusions or anything like that, though. I made sure that I had lots of lambs fry when I was on mushies - always helps best for me with the iron.
Just froze small portions and whizzed them up as necessary, adding extra water to thin it out in the earliest days.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 4:14 pm

Thanks for your reply's .... Happy to hear your diabetes is gone Neljatye........and Jacko84 thanks for sharing ........

Cheers Lovelyslim
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 4:03 pm

Yep thats me type 2 diabetic, anemic,iron deffiecent (spelling?)
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

Hi lovelyslim,
i was on insulin and was still not a well controlled diabetic when i had my sleeve last year.... i stopped taking insulin the day after my sleeve was done and have used nothing ever since... my most recent HBA1C was 5.8 and my surgeon congratulated himself and me and said mission accomplished....lol....can't help with other issues, sorry, as diabetes was the only thing i suffered from even though i was 162 kgs....lucky for me i guess..... hope all goes well for you and the 6 nmths will fly for you..
hugs
Nerida
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 12:19 pm

Hi There ...... How is everybody going ..........Well i have the Works in health problems But not to bad that i can't FIX yeaha hehehehehehehehehehe .... just wondering does anybody else have these health issues and how did you Fix it and did injections and infusion work ...........

I have 6 months till sleeve date 1/11/2011 ...... and am thinking off ..... some how getting these extra helps from vit.D injections and iron infusion ..... I guess diabetics will go as i lose the weight ..... Currently 117kilos (163cm tall) .....

Any advice .............. would love to hear from you ...........

I am not sure but i think these issues are common in Morbid obese people ..... (sorry I might be wrong ) ....... i know alot of Big people are as healthy as Skinny people ......

Cheers lovelyslim .......... can't wait till sunday 17/4 sleeve meet up......

Last edited by lovelyslim on Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic   Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic Empty

Back to top Go down

Diabetic type 2 , Iron and Vitamin D Deficiency and Anemic
Page 1 of 1