Juwa
Juwa

Female
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Energy?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy??   Energy?? EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 12:32 pm

Thanku Kati:)

Am really happy your energy is up there... That's wonderful. I really hope your friends tiredness improves with time or that she finds out what's causing it and fixes it. I also really hope I will be as lucky as you and so many others in here:) ...thanks for your well wishes too... And ditto:) ...you are doing wonderfully:)

e-hugs,
J:) xo
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Energy?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy??   Energy?? EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 10:47 am

Hi Juwa,
Sorry, I have come to this thread a bit late! Such a good question, as a colleague who was sleeved three months before me told me how tired she got a few months in - she said she would come home from work and have lie on the couch for an hour!
I was really concerned about this happening to me too, but happily I have felt fine, and I always have enough energy to go to the gym (just not the will sometimes...) and have been pleasantly surprised at how my stamina has improved.
I got very tired and footsore when I was really fat, and this is no longer a problem, even after losing just 20 kilos. Hurrah!!
I religiously take a multivitamin (I like centrum) and maybe this has helped.
Best of luck with your sleeve journey!
love,
Kati
Back to top Go down
Juwa
Juwa

Female

Energy?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy??   Energy?? EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 2:01 pm

Thanks for your replies:) after the recovery and early days, All goes back to the quality not quantity theory. I'll try not to stress and when the time comes (June this year I think) just make sure I really try to eat right and take vitamins. Although I too will go off the rails at times and pay for it energy wise, can't be worse than how I feel these days.

Regards,
J:) x
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Energy?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy??   Energy?? EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 1:25 pm

I had low energy levels in the first 6 weeks after being sleeved, but put that down to recovery and pureed diet, plus not eating much.

Once I started on a normal diet, my energy levels returned, and now that I have lost all my excess weight, I have tons of energy.

I eat a really good diet, with lots of protein, and take multivits daily.
I am sure all this helps.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Energy?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy??   Energy?? EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 1:21 pm

I feel LAZY, but I don't feel weak.

I have only been sleeved for four weeks, but I have noticed that I can walk a lot further, and I FEEL fitter.

I need to start regular exercise now,walking, etc but in answer to your question, I don't feel hungry, so I don't notice the small amount of food I am eating.

The vitamins are good, and I find that I have to remind myself to eat regularly. I think my fat stores are ample to keep my body from feeling deprived at the moment!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Energy?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy??   Energy?? EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 1:10 pm

ive definately got more energy ,loosing so much weight i can walk much longer etc and do more activities than before

i know when i eat junk that i definately get tired and slump and when im eating healthily im much better energy wise and dont crave junk leading to the slumps!

The amount of food isnt the problem for me its, what i am or am not eating.
i still struggle with going really well eating wise then go off the rails and eat junk,its a lifelong pattern and as yet i havent found the magic soolution to change that!

if you are aware of issues already with tiredness eatingthe good stuff,especially your protien and water intake should help alot to not drain you to much in the earlier stages after the op and a multi vitamin for a boost,if your not taking one its a good idea to start.
cheers
shelly
Back to top Go down
Juwa
Juwa

Female

Energy?? Empty
PostSubject: Energy??   Energy?? EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 10:18 am

Hi everyone...

I know that the sleeve operation has given many people in here more energy once they loose weight, but i am just wondering if there are many of you who have very low energy with the small intake of food.

I know quality of food is important like sufficient protein etc, but is even a balanced diet with the new tiny tummy enough to feel strong and have good "up and go"??

...the thought of my tiredness now being matched post op for another reason, not weight related, does worry me.

Many thanks,
J:) xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Energy?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy??   Energy?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Energy??
Page 1 of 1