AuthorMessage
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

energy levels and exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: energy levels and exercise   energy levels and exercise EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 4:19 am

Hi Spoggy,

I've had damaged discs for 20 years now (bulging discs). The beds in many hospitals aren't the best. When you go to the GP ask for a CT Scan - x-rays aren't much good for picking up much but a CT Scan will pick up quite a bit. Once your wounds heal give hydrotherapy a go or just walking in the water - water is great for the body's joints, back and so on.

As for energy levels, take it easy. You will read it time and time again here on the forum "people heal, recover at different rates". Some people will say they litteraly sprung out of bed and returned to normal life within days and others, including myself it took weeks. We have all undergone major surgery and three weeks is still relatively soon.

Just do what you can in regards to exercise. I did't exercise for a couple of months. I returned to work after two weeks and boy, I was buggered each day for about a month.

As cliche as this sounds, just listen to your body. If you need a nap or just to rest or if you can only walk for ten minutes, so be it. You will get there.

I am three months and two weeks post-op and my husband is amazed at how my reluctance to walk anywhere has diminished since the operation and he is just as amazed at how much easier I find walking ... he's right, I do find walking easier but still have little struggles, I've still got a ways to go but I am amazed myself at how far I have come in this short time.

Good luck.

Alison.

Last edited by AliKat on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling of course ...)
Back to top Go down
Sweetbee703
Part of the furniture
Sweetbee703

Female
Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: energy levels and exercise   energy levels and exercise EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 1:11 am

Hi Spoggy,

I am not sure why you have developed sore back at the hospital? Is it the bed? I thought you were out on 4th day or so.

I tried to walk to my daughter's school on Friday and its only two blocks away i felt very dizzy half the way.. if walking at my usual pace, but felt good walking very slowly.

You should probably see your GP about the back pain as it is not very good sign to have it so long after the surgery (i mean you don't know what started it do you?)

Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: energy levels and exercise   energy levels and exercise EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 12:52 am

Hi, I am three weeks the 4 days out from the op. I am having trouble with my back, it got triggered off in hospital,the physio has suggested i go on my treadmill to activate the muscles again. I can do 10 mins on the treadmill quite easily without reprocussion with my back. But it still gets painfull after doing bits and pieces around the house. Apart from the sore back, do you think the energy levels are ok.
What have othr people experienced?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: energy levels and exercise   energy levels and exercise Empty

Back to top Go down

energy levels and exercise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: