DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

Energy Levels? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Levels?   Energy Levels? EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 8:31 am

It took me about a month to feel that my energy levels were back to normal, then from there my energy was pretty steady and good all day as long as I ate regularly.  While I didn't get the shakes or anything, if I didn't eat every 3 hrs at least I'd feel sick.  I agree with Lizzy - quality in, not quantity makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Energy Levels? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Levels?   Energy Levels? EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 8:24 am

I'm 7 weeks out. I think my energy level was pretty low for the first few weeks and then I have been feeling really good until yesterday and I'm having  a bit of a slump - however, I think that is work related, lol/sigh!
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Energy Levels? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Levels?   Energy Levels? EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014, 10:31 pm

I think it was around a week post op that my energy levels began to rise, and at one year post op, they haven't changed too much at all. I'm always ready to get out there, go to the gym for a couple of hours, walk the dog, walk the husband, do stuff.

Obviously, I'm not an expert, so the following is my opinion only..

I think that we adapt. What works for me is making sure I have enough protein, enough water, and two multivitamins every day. As you said.. quality food, not quantity. I think that makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
icanucan2
icanucan2

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2014-11-08

Energy Levels? Empty
PostSubject: Energy Levels?   Energy Levels? EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014, 9:04 pm

My question is that I am wondering how everyone's energy levels are post op....I understand that in the first few weeks you are recovering from surgery and are just on fluids so obviously you feel very weak, but what about after that stage? I know in the past with different diets that I have done, when I cut back my kj intake I feel tired and shakey and just wondering how I will go after my sleeve when I can eat only a small quantity of food (quality not quantity).  Anyway just interested to hear people's experiences and what has worked for them. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Energy Levels? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Levels?   Energy Levels? Empty

Back to top Go down

Energy Levels?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: