pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011, 10:42 am

thanks for putting up this thread GG - all of your repies have been really great.
I particularly identify with RTM (Deb), I'm 5 months out - almost - and can feel theurge to eat build up again!. I'll restart the food diary, the optis and make sure I use my (very new) gym membership! I've got to the point I was with my band before it malfunctioned and I'd love to move forward.
I plan to get a really pretty food diary and banish the baddies from my house... yes I have been having bacon butties!!! butter on my very small baked potatoes and full cream milk in lots of stuff!! enough is enough... time to get a grip.
Thanks everyone for sharing, love this forum
xoxox
Pippa
Back to top Go down
gorgy girl

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-13

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011, 6:38 am

Thanh you to everyone for their positive comments there are a few things I will try and I will let you know how I go thank you again gorgy girl weight lose 878453
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose EmptySat 02 Apr 2011, 11:02 pm

Hi GG,

Agree to all below too,

Just a few thoughts:

5 day pouch test? Other posts have mentioned it with encouraging results...good for getting you

ketogenic and not hungry again, but most importantly refocused.

Also undiagnosed reflux has been implicated with hunger feelings.

And although a bit gross, especially if you have young ones....worms?

I went through my 'hungry phase' when my sleeve settled down about 5-6 months out...scared (and disheartened) me too as I was so ravenous, and I slipped quite a bit, put on weight (good wakeup call that one), but fortunately was able to refocus and step things up..I did 2 days of opti and then went the low fat protein and restarted logging my diet on fitday.com again also gym&c25K..(I wasnt exercising and I felt I should). Actually Ive reintroduced a replacement shake meal once a day to keep on track, and I think I will for quite a while....possibly forever as I too am approaching 12 months and am not yet at my goal.

So you dont get disheartened, go and pick up a 6 year old....Youve lost that!! Awesome.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Juwa
Juwa

Female
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-12-28

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose EmptySat 02 Apr 2011, 7:14 am

Hmmmm... Its easy to get carried away with all the positive stories. I do fear however, knowing what I'm like that I could easily find myself in that same boat as you, post sleeve.

Dont get me wrong... 24kg is Extremely Positive!!! IF ONLY I cold be 24kg's less right now!! (I'm pre op)

Its comforting to know that post op we cant do as much damage at any one sitting, but its a horrible way to feel when nothing satisfies, and we want to eat and eat.

Jigglypuff mentioned the protein aspect, and another thing which might help is to focus on having some low GI foods which might carry you over better. Just a thought you might consider looking at. Legumes have both protein and are low GI. And being organised with meals could help too.

Best wishes and let us know what ends up doing the trick:) Take it in your stride and try not to stress. You will gain control again... just look to sleeved people in here who have experience and suggestions and go for it.

J:) xxxx

ps: I've been going to a psychologist for ages who has been great for me in other areas, but my relationship with food has not improved (thats me though)... thats why i am looking at the sleeve.
weight lose 679787
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose EmptySat 02 Apr 2011, 2:18 am

Me too janette
the last week i have been looking for food constantly and eating till im on thet verge of feeling sick.
????????????????????????WHY????????????????????????????????????????????????

oh dear!

i went for a walk last night and am going to start a food dairy again,that helps me to monitor my intake.
its definately a life long battle.
shelly
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose EmptyFri 01 Apr 2011, 10:34 pm

Know exactly where you are coming from.
I am below goal, 16 months out and some days could happily eat my way through the pantry.

I have never addressed by eating issues, my surgeon doesn't require that we visit a psychologist before surgery.

I never keep things in the house that I prefer not to eat, although I have been buying stuff of late! At goal one should be allowed little treats........LOL, well my idea of sharing out the treat over a number of days never works, I usually have to graze on the lot until its gone.

I have spoken to my bariatic nurse and have an appointment with a psychologist next month to sort out my issues with food. I am a compulsive overeater.

I know with the sleeve I can't do the damage I used to do, but if I keep snacking and grazing I am sure I will slowly regain weight over time.

Good luck

weight lose 217555 weight lose 217555
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose EmptyFri 01 Apr 2011, 5:21 pm

Oh, Gorgy Girl I so know what you mean! I find the days I'm busy I don't eat much and the days I'm home not doing anything I eat constantly. My solution? When I'm getting stuck in an 'eating too much' rut I plan a couple of busy days to snap me out of it. For me it's just boredom, and a couple of leaner days helps get my tummy back to normal size too.
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose EmptyFri 01 Apr 2011, 10:52 am

Hi Gorgy Girl,

Congratulations on the 24kg weight loss, thats a small child! I fully hear where you're coming from, its so easy to slip into old snacking habits and so difficult to get out of the rut again.

Without trying to sound like I am a know it all, here are a few suggestions. I have traveled the various weight loss paths for the past 6yrs (band then sleeve):

1. Perhaps consider going back to your surgeon/Dietitian to let them know whats going on, dont feel embarrassed to go back. I PUT on weight with my band, I was so scared and ashamed but I went back to the Dr and he was great.

2. Try getting back to basics - protein first, this should give you that full feeling. Don't keep junk in the house and have snack substitutes available for when you can't resist. This normally works for me...except at PMS time, those awful cravings are hard to fight.

3. Don't give up, there is always a solution to a problem...but please speak with your Surgeon, thats what hes/shes there for. They may suggest something which will help you on your way again.

I dont think there is a simple solution, its just plain hard sometimes.

Good luck with everything.

Jiggly x

Back to top Go down
gorgy girl

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-13

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: weight lose   weight lose EmptyFri 01 Apr 2011, 10:21 am

Hi have been sleeved for 12 months lost 24 kilos but now can't stop eating can anyone give me some advice need to lose more weight weight lose 595690
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight lose   weight lose Empty

Back to top Go down

weight lose
Page 1 of 1