Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think? How much more weight to lose?

Go down 
+6
Raingold
Countrygirl
fatnomore
mapmar
Janette
sssss
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

What do you think? How much more weight to lose? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:44 am

I think you should buy a whole new wardrobe, sssss!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:22 am

Hi Zoe...

Lovely to hear from you...we are starting to get our lovely long hot summer days -- just fantastic although interspersed still with the occasional cooler day or two...

You are looking fabulous -- and yes those skirts will fit -- sonner than you think.

S
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 12:30 am

That is terrific! So glad you are enjoying your wardrobe.

I am waiting to fit into some skirts I got; could be a while, but I know they will fit.

We are starting late fall here in Idaho; our dark days are a drag.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 9:23 am

Wow sssssss
That is great news!!
I so look forward to having that issue to deal with - and good on you for your success.
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 7:14 am

Hi all

Thought I would rund this one off with an update...when I went to the US in Sept I had lost 32-od kgs and was sitting around 72kgs.

I bought US size 10 suits (and also some size 12 petites and a size 14 petite dress)... Most of the suits were a bit tight...the pants just fitted and the jackets in the main would not do up... I also bought a couple of size 10 dresses that were too tight and a size 10 skirt which had the same problem. Two months on, I've lost another six-odd kilos, and could afford to almost drop down to a size 8 pant...in fact I just tried on the alternate pair of size 8 pants I bought for one suit and while they are marginally too tight on the tummy I could wear them. So looks like I'll be getting my new US pants taken in some time early next year...(will also look to get smaller sizes in the same suits when I go back at the end of the month).

Very pleased to have this problem...and more encouragement when weight loss starts to slow...even when it feels like you're not getting anywhere fast in a couple of months the scales can really show the difference!

Thanks again for all your wise advice...

S
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 1:02 am

Thanks Caz and Zoey...will definitely try to buy at least one size smaller....

S
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 11:21 pm

Hey Zoe - you are going so so well - and your wardrobe must be pretty empty by now.

sssss - definitely need that emoticon for a shopaholic. I have to tell you that if I spent 11 hours at an outlet mall, I'd have absolutely no room left in my suitcase. Although things have changed a bit now - instead of buying clothes because they fit, I actually have to decide if I NEED them (heaven forbid) and if they look good. But pretty much everything looks OK now.

Enjoy - I'll just sit here stewing in my jealousy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 9:01 pm

I still have still 11 lbs/5 kgs to go until I hit my doctor's goal and if I really stick to it, 26 lbs/12 kgs until I hit the lowest I think I should get. Getting clothing that fits has been a joy, but I've been leaning heavily on buying as small as possible with the anticipation that that will make the clothes last longer. The US size 16 jeans I got in early June are already pretty baggy, but not impossible, and all my old size 18 pants are impossible. On my last pass through Goodwill on Saturday I tried a pair of 16s and they were hopeless. I am just broaching the 10s, and keep that as my goal, to make that leap of faith in buying a little small work out. Maybe that could be an approach for you, buy what you can get on but still needs a bit more weight lost to make it perfect.

Have a great time on the East coast.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 1:02 pm

But Caz...there's room for many many stores in my life! Must admit I am going to the outlet malls for 11 hours first though...Macy's will have to wait :)

(Now where's that shopaholic emoticon where all you see is a pair of stubby little legs under a pile of boxes?)

Thanks for the suggestion....I always forget to do that (take advantage of tax exemptions for international travellers).

S
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 6:09 am

To hell with Macy's (although I do love it too).

Go to the factory outlets!!!

And by the way, most of the department stores will give you a card that lets you buy without sales tax - just go to their admin department with your passport to get it. We did that with Macys and it gave us 10% discount on everything. Bloomingdales definitely do as well.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 12:54 pm

Hi Deb,,,,

You're a woman after my own heart! I have been known to a) take an empty suitcase to the USA and b) buy new (LARGE) ones over there!

I also love Jones New York...and Macy's...when I talk two of my daughters over about two years ago I think I did about 12 Macey's in two weeks (between us we brought home about 20 pairs of shoes and more than 10 handbags -- oh the joys of having four daughters...)

I'm really really looking forward to going...and can't wait to get stuck into those great US sizes :)

Thanks for the post...now if hubby complains about the credit card bill, I can say "buy Deb made me do it!" (hee hee hee).

S
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:40 am

What a problem!
Cant speak for the end of weight loss phase but having been to the US pre-op and buying clothes in several sizes, despite not knowing what my weight loss would be my advice is:

Buy lots! Its so cheap over there that you'll be able to do this.

Dont forget that your Aussie size is numerically larger than the equivalent US one...ie a size 12 here is a 10 there. I aimed for pieces that I could layer, and pieces that were forgiving in the way they were cut. Their quality is sooo much better than here too.

Leather goods are fantastic too so do go crazy with bags and shoes.

I am so envious....I still miss Macy's!! (I grieved the loss of Macy's when I came back home to live in Oz).

My one big splurge was a lovely size 16 fully tailored 'mad men' style dress from 'Jones New York' (lovely label by the way) that was marked down from $160 to $65 dollars, I had bought this for my birthday in December...well it fits now....am I disappointed...absolutely not...but I do wish I'd bought the size 12 too!!

If in doubt....buy it anyway!! You get 2 suitcases bagggage allowance too, up to 32kg each....take an empty one or buy the extra one there. Fill em up!

You can always sell stuff later on ebay.

And remember: Never buy full retail!

Deb
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:05 am

Thanks all...really appreciate your responses....guess it will just depend what I fall in love with as I speedshop through the mall :)

S
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 2:24 am

I'm nearly 8 months down the track now.
Initially lost close on 40kg without any issues.
I'm finding now that weightloss has really slowed [only 100g some weeks] and I will need to put more effort into everything once it starts warming up!
On the clothes front, I've bought a lot of things in two different sizes as I'm midway between 16 and 18 atm. [Really need the tummy tuck but it ain't gonna happen soon, unfortunately!]
I loved the end of season sales. Got heaps of stuff!
What would I advise? If you're only losing slowly, get the size you're in and one size lower.
Unless you're going to be REALLY determined to What do you think? How much more weight to lose? 369315
cheers
RG
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:07 pm

Well I don't think I have been that good unlike Janette. Anyway I have been this weight for quite a while now. I am still realistically 10kgs from what I should be. In some ways you should buy things slightly smaller than you are cause you may not get there. It depends on how much you want it. And whether you need to diet to get there.

How disappointed would you be if you couldn't wear them? It can be a struggle to get the last bit off or it could be easy. I would buy some of what fits and then a few clothes smaller and if something is really nice buy it in 3 different sizes!!! lol
I know my girlfriends say they want to take me shopping but I am not ready yet. I have bought some clothes but not quite ready for the ultimate shopping trip.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:14 am

I will solve your problem and go in your place..lol....how does that sound! hehe
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 8:31 am

I would buy clothes in a size that I want to be at, at my goal weight...... so for me that would be size 10/12.... so I would buy things that are really tight now and would fit me at goal weight..... would give me another reason to keep going to lose that last 10kg or so!
Have fun shopping and think of us while you are there.... What do you think? How much more weight to lose? 314562
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 7:54 am

I am nearly 9 months post-op and have been at goal only one week!

I never stopped losing weight, but then I have worked hard to get to goal.
I didn't want my journey to drag on and wanted to do this in the first year.

It took me 3 months to lose the last 10 kgs.

I can't advise you what to buy or not to buy, I spend a little as possible on clothes at this stage, and will continue to do so until I have had my tummy tuck.

Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 7:35 am

Really keen to know what you think...especially those of you six months or more post-op.

-- How much more weight might I lose in the next couple of months?
-- How much smaller might I get?

I know these are ridiculous questions ...but...I'm going shopping at a fantastic outlet mall in NY on September 10 -- five months post-op. I've lost 30 kgs so far and would love to lose another 10-15kg (64kg would get me JUST into the normal BMI range)...but I've read all the books, talked to surgeon etc and been advised the last 10kgs are difficult to lose and I have already lost 66% of my excess body weight. Weight loss has definitely slowed.

Friday of next week I'm going shopping in a cornucopia of bargains and the epitomy of shopper's heaven. I've dropped from a TS L/XL (20/22) to probably an Australian 14 (TS XS or smaller). I still have a big bust, apron and wobbly bits...Should I buy clothes that are two sizes smaller than what I'm currently wearing or go for stuff that's maybe just a bit tighter now..because with all the excess skin, remaining fat puddles and the like I am unlikely to get small enough for a 10?

I know none of you are prescient but am keen to know how much more weight you lost after the initial flurry...and how much further did your shape change after you dropped the bulk of your excess weight?

look forward to your thoughts/experiences.

S

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How much more weight to lose?   What do you think? How much more weight to lose? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think? How much more weight to lose?
Page 1 of 1