Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 11:41 pm

Hi thats great to hear about your medication,but omg to do a parachute jump no way, you are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Goldie oldie

Female
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2011-06-04

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

Hi Margd

I had high blood pressure and sleep aepnea prior to sleeve and got breathless when hurrying.

BP was unstable and pills were always being changed to try to get it down. Even one hospital after day surgery said they couldn't let me leave because the BP was too high so suggested I take three panadol wait ten minutes until the BP dropped sufficiently then go before it went up again.

Sleeved in June, no sleep aepnea, no fluid retention, and BP has to be watched as it sometimes drops too low.
GP has suggested I stay on asprin, cholesterol, angina and a low dosage BP tablet even though I do not need them but says they will do more good than harm.

Planning some white water rafting early next year and another tandem parachute jump when this wretched rain stops as I do like to enjoy the view on the way down

Goldie Oldie
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 6:31 am

I have to agree my big picture of being sleeved is to be healthy,i hate being on two blood pressure tablets and fluid retention tablet every day,i hate i can't play with my granchildren much as i get breathless. All i have been thinking lately is that after i get the sleeve done i will be able to do more,and just to feel healthier would be fantastic.Just to be able to walk and not be in pain with arthritis would be great.I appreciate all the great advice to.
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 6:24 am

In my opinion we are so worked up with loosing weight as quickly as we can we forget the reasons why we choose this weight loss procedure, its all about us feeling healthy and eliminating our medical issues etc and of course getting to our goal weights.

Totally agree with Shelly, i lost weight on average 1.5kgs a week for the first 14 weeks, but since ive hit 5 months my weight has slowed down but i have to look at the big picture.....my health has improved, all my medical issues have disappeared, my outlook on life has changed, i have more energy than before, so its the whole experience we need to look at.

And yes so many of my fellow aug sleevers have lost more or less than me but again we are not the same nor have the same goals or routine, please look at yourself and set goals etc for you, i wish you all the best with your sleeve in feb:)
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 3:26 am

Suge wrote:
My advice is to not focus on the actual loss. Focus on your overall health and improving.

The weight loss will come because you have restricted intake but you need to remain vigilant with the right food and also maintaining some form of exercise. That is how the best results will come. The weight loss differs for everyone.

Yep so true!

I averaged a 1 kg weight loss per week for most of the first year and others have lost 30kg in a couple of months,so everyone is different.After having lost 40kg I started back into old food habits(naughty ones) and I flucuated up and down 2kg last year (Im 3 years out this March).The thing is I didnt whack on 40 kg plus another 10kg or so as I used to do after the intial weightloss-i just didnt loss any.Im now back on track and have cut out the crap food and am eating healthy and losing again-800g lasts week at weigh in.I am currently 86kg and am aiming to get to 76-80kg mark.

The focus longterm HAS to be healthy living!

shelly
Back to top Go down
Mother Hen
Mother Hen

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 3:04 am

Hi margd and Ktk.

I know just how you feel about that weight loss after the surgery. That's all I thought about before the op myself.

As soon as I started Optifast the weight started to go down. I lost 6.4 kgs on Opti and that did wonders for me. There is nothing better than those scales going down. I gained a kg in hospital but the day after I got home the 1kg had gone again. Today I am down another kg.

As sassyred said. Once you get home from the hospital it's a good idea to only weigh yourself once a week. As from today, Monday will be my weigh in day.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

Sassyred, my husband will have to hide my scales to i am really bad getting on scales every day,even do that now,i have to add you look great.

Katie, it will be the best Valentines pressie for me to,i am so looking forward to getting it done,its all i really thimk about,I am on here every change i get,everyone is so nice.
Back to top Go down
Ktk
Part of the furniture
Ktk

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Can so relate!   Weight lose EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 7:21 am

Hey Margd,

I think we are in the same place at the moment! That is all I can think about at the moment! Just want to drop the kgs ASAP! I'm like counting down the minutes to Valentines Day! Best valentines pressie to date!

I also find myself constantly reading everything on this site and wanting the time to pass even quicker! Bring on the sleeve I say!

Katie
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 6:12 am

It will happen Margd, the best advice I can give you is to accept the rate that your body loses weight, which may or may not be as fast as you mind woud like! The brilliant thing is that it WILL happen. Weighing myself only once a week works best for me. Hubby hides the scales otherwise I would be on them 5 times a day! Wishing you all the best luv
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 5:13 am

Is hard to say Margd, a few of us Oct sleevers went home from hospital heavier than they went in but by the end of that first week, every single one of us had a good weight loss.

smiles

Mandy

Last edited by amanda O'D on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 12:56 am

I know all i can think of is getting weight of ,i understand what your saying, as soon as i can i will be back at the gym,so exercise part should not be a problem i hope, nice to see your doing well.
Back to top Go down
Suge
Suge

Male
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-11-08

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 12:13 am

My advice is to not focus on the actual loss. Focus on your overall health and improving.

The weight loss will come because you have restricted intake but you need to remain vigilant with the right food and also maintaining some form of exercise. That is how the best results will come. The weight loss differs for everyone.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 12:05 am

Hi Mandy i just want weight of and so long as it goes in right direction i will be happy,i just wondered with the swelling after op,does it stop you losing weight at the start.
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptyFri 20 Jan 2012, 11:40 pm

Hi Margd

The weight starts to come off straight away, in fact if you do Opti before the Op your lost starts then. The hard thing to remember and accept though is that we all lose weight at different rates, so there is no magic amount that we will all lose each week, you will loose your weight, in varying numbers but i promise you that 100grms or 2 kilos per week doesnt matter it is the big picture that counts because even the smallest loss adds up and before you know it you have lost 10 kilos then 20 and so on.

Smiles

Mandy
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Weight lose   Weight lose EmptyFri 20 Jan 2012, 11:25 pm

Hi can anyone tell me how fast the weight start to come of after the operation,i just can't wait to get weight of and stay of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight lose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight lose   Weight lose Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight lose
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: