AuthorMessage
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Apra - Accessing Partners Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apra - Accessing Partners Funds   Apra - Accessing Partners Funds EmptyMon 21 Mar 2011, 10:45 pm

realme wrote:
Bellshell, my advice is to do it now!

I totally agree. I keep ringing APRA every second day, and sending them emails to check on my status.

I received this email yesterday from APRA.

Thank you for your email of 16 March 2011.

According to our records, we have not yet processed the application you have submitted. Please keep in mind that in peak periods it may take up to 10 working days for new applications to be entered onto our systems. We are currently entering applications received on 8 March 2011.

I can confirm that we have received your application.

We aim to assess applications within 16 working days of receipt of your application by our office.

You are welcome to continue to check on the progress of your application via email. Alternatively you can call our Contact Centre team on 1300 13 10 60 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, Australian Eastern Time.

Kind regards

It seems that they are a few weeks behind. So applications could take a while to be processed. Also bear in mind that because of the flooding around alot of people are also accessing their super as well.

I will keep you updated on my progress with my application. They may give in early if I keep hassling them tooo much! :)
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Apra - Accessing Partners Funds   Apra - Accessing Partners Funds EmptyMon 21 Mar 2011, 11:17 am

Bellshell, my advice is to do it now! I sent in my application 6th January and I got a reply on Friday, and that is only because I was continually calling them checking up on the status. They said they would send me out my approval letter today but by the time I send it off to my superannuation company along with the 10 other documents they require it will be another 5 working days before the funds are in my account. The hold up was because they required additional information, I took maybe 10 days to gather all the documents before sending them and it has taken them another 4 weeks once they received the new information. Believe me you dont want it to be a race against time like my situation, additional stress that I just dont need at this time! Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Apra - Accessing Partners Funds   Apra - Accessing Partners Funds EmptyMon 21 Mar 2011, 9:41 am

Hello Paity10,

Have you heard anything yet? I am yet to get my forms organised as my surgery is not till July. I am just trying to figure out how long it will take APRA.
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female

PostSubject: Re: Apra - Accessing Partners Funds   Apra - Accessing Partners Funds EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:54 am

I got a reply from APRA this morning as I recently sent them a email to see if they had received my application. This is what it said: -

Thank you for your email of 14 March 2011.

According to our records, we have not yet processed the email you have sent. Please keep in mind that in peak periods it may take up to 8 working days for an email and application to be entered on to our internal database. We are currently entering information received on 2 March 2011.

We aim to assess applications within 15 working days of receipt of the application by our office. If you can confirm the exact time and the email id your application was sent from, I can confirm receipt of your application at this office.

You can are welcome to check on the progress of your application via email. Alternatively you can call our Contact Centre team on 1300 13 10 60 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, Australian Eastern Time.

So if they are processing applications received on the 2nd March 2011 just this week, that means it could takes week!
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Apra - Accessing Partners Funds   Apra - Accessing Partners Funds EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 7:16 am

Hi Paity10,

I'm new here so maybe someone else will have a different answer ... but when I spoke with APRA, they just wanted to make sure that I'd have enough in my Super to pay for the surgery as well as the tax. 21.5% of the withdrawal amount is sent to the ATO automatically on top of what you request. I don't think it would matter if your partner has a lot more Super then the amount you need.

Fingers are crossed all comes through for you. I hope to be sending my APRA form in soon too.

Apra - Accessing Partners Funds 65317
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female

PostSubject: Apra - Accessing Partners Funds   Apra - Accessing Partners Funds EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 3:23 am

I have been reading the forums but I wanted to ask one question: -

I'm accessing my partners funds as well as mine. My fund has less then his and he's got more $$$ in his super. I'm worried that I will be knocked back because he has more funds then I do. At the end of the day, we have little $$$$ left in each of our pays and this is clearly stated in the application!!

I guess because i'm so head strong and convinced that i'll be getting the surgery done, I don't want to be knocked back because : 'no super', no surgery".....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apra - Accessing Partners Funds   Apra - Accessing Partners Funds Empty

Back to top Go down

Apra - Accessing Partners Funds
Page 1 of 1