7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharlene63
Sharlene63

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptyWed 05 Sep 2012, 3:43 am

Thanks for the replies I am still having them but I went to a phycologist to help with another issue and she seems to think that it is anxiety attacks so she has shown me how to do mindfulness meditation and it is amazing I have a cd that I can play which helps me relax I love it. Hopefully it helps. My weight has stayed the same for about 4 weeks I have lost 30 kgs so far but I am 3 kgs away from getting under 100kg which my miind doesn't want me to get below somehow but since meditating my weight is moving again and I feeling fantastic. So when I feeling the palpitations starting I will sit and meditate. Thanks again everyone I hope your journeys are going well. Heart Palpitations 63412
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptyWed 05 Sep 2012, 2:36 am

I had this the other day as well just after having breakfast my heart was racing and could feel my beat in my whole body, i just sat down for a while and it slowed down but yeh i thought it was really weird too, its only happened once and im on no medication.
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture
mum of four (bec)

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptyTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:29 am

I used to have heart palpitations, along with dizziness, sweating and nausea. In me it was a sign of extremely low hemoglobin and iron levels.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptySun 02 Sep 2012, 11:57 pm

I got this around regularly at the same time every year. I eventually worked out it was pseudoephedrine from cold and flu medication - apparently I am very sensitive to it.

Seeing it is spring, could you possibly be taking antihistemes? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptySun 02 Sep 2012, 8:09 pm

i am queen of palpitations!
i ended up having cardioversion in May 2011...but still have them I have an abnormal heart rythem and heart is a bit battered by hole in the heart aortic regurgitation etc The best thing has been losing weight and exercising....my original heart palpitations were caused by sleep apnea

get it check out i can't tell the difference between the ones that i get because i do....and the ones that were more serious and required the cardioversion Try not to stress as I know that makes them worse
good luck:))
Back to top Go down
Sharlene63
Sharlene63

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptySun 02 Sep 2012, 12:23 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had heart palpitations it is very uncomfortable it comes and goes throughout the day I can't pin point any thing that triggers it. I went to dr on Friday I had an ECG but it was normal so I didn't get any idea of what it could be. If anyone can help with any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Heart Palpitations 697586
Back to top Go down
Chookyness

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 8:03 am

Nope, I see my surgeon on the 17th so I'll see what happens between now and then :)
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 7:56 am

Did he increase your reflux meds, Chooky?
Back to top Go down
Chookyness

Female

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 7:55 am

Turns out it was caused my reflux.

When I stood up or sat straight up on a chair it didn't happen, but as soon as I sat in my comfy recliner, i had flutters in my chest and neck.

Dr said as long as there is no chest pain or shortness of breathe its okay. PHEW!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 4:33 am

Good you are seeing the doctor.

I don't recall that happening to me, but it can be low blood sugar or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Chookyness

Female

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 4:00 am

Hiya,

I'm 18 days post op and today it feels like i have little heart flutters in my chest and neck.

I don't have any pain, was wondering if anyone else experienced this?

I see my GP in about an hour...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heart Palpitations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations   Heart Palpitations Empty

Back to top Go down

Heart Palpitations
Page 1 of 1