AuthorMessage
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Cardiomyopthy or other Heart Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiomyopthy or other Heart Problems   Cardiomyopthy or other Heart Problems EmptyTue 23 Aug 2011, 8:23 pm

Hi trac
Ive got a repaired ventricular septal defect, a leaky atrial and mitral valve with aortic regurgitation AND had to have cardioversion before my surgery as i developed atrial flutter....
Basically I got the all clear from the cardiologist, the anesthetist and him were in close consultation and I had an ecg immediately before my surgery...and regular monitoring of pulse, BP etc afterwards My cardiologist reckoned there was more risk for NOT losing the weight....
I wish you much luck and am sure you'll be well :)) trust the cardiologist and the team they will get their butts in action if you need it!
Back to top Go down
Trac
Trac

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Cardiomyopthy or other Heart Problems Empty
PostSubject: Cardiomyopthy or other Heart Problems   Cardiomyopthy or other Heart Problems EmptyTue 23 Aug 2011, 11:44 am

Hi

I am being sleeved on 30th August and I have 'Familial Cardiomyopthy with inducible Tachicardia'...in english it means I have a weak heart which forgets to beat passed on from my father but it can also randomly speed up to a dangerous level.

Anyway, I can't see any topics on this section about heart conditions.

I know it is always risky having surgey with a heart condition but I have checked with my Cardiologist and he says he can't make promises but I should be ok. Not coming out of the surgey is the only thing that really scares me about having the sleeve done. Can anyone tell me what sorrt of monitoring they do for high dependent patients?
Back to top Go down

Cardiomyopthy or other Heart Problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Other Health Issues-
Jump to: