AuthorMessage
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-04-02

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Perth People   Perth people? EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 4:54 pm

Hi People! I'm a new Perth Person :) Just wanna say good luck today Queenie!! It's your day!! Can't wait to hear how you are feeling later this afternoon Perth people? 217555
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 8:52 am

Perth people? 618285

Thannx for the tips on opti fast : ) I did look at the chemist and some of the flavours have smaller packets so I thought I may try them first don't want to be stuck with a pkt of 48 if I don't like the flavour lol. I'll remember to try freezing it as well.

Sunnie : )
Back to top Go down
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 3:12 pm

sunnie, i prob stick to the chocolate and vanilla. I dont mind them much but just not as satisfied as with a meal. I have mixed the vanilla up with a little less water and frozen it for at tea time, it tastes like frozen milk (tastes like crap) but it slows me down and makes it last longer.
Kaz, Im with Dr Epari and the dietician is Nikki, she is lovely. I think she will be really valuable to me in the comming weeks!
Which hopspital does jon armstrong operate out of?And good luck on your gastroscopy on tues, one step closer!!
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 12:19 pm

Hey Frisky

I love the fact the you are so honest with your fight with opti. Its not easy at all.

I was wondering if you saw Treene the dietitian? I saw her today and she was great and went through the info again with me. Have seen another dietitian when I was with the other Dr.

I found the info between dietitians different and the chewable vitamines sound interesting. I will pick some up on Tuesday when I have my gas thingy.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 11:40 am

Perth people? 65317 Hi Friskybean I am so not looking forward to doing the opti fast but I guess it's only for two weeks, it's going to be a long two weeks though!!!! Which flavours do you find the best I have started on mine yet.

Sunnie
Back to top Go down
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:50 am

good luck to anyone doing the opti, i crumbled today and had toast! I CANT DO IIIIITTTT!!!!
Will get back on track though.Perth people? 68366
Have lost 1 and a half kilos in the 3 days i have done, but boy was i hungry!
Welcome everyone in WA from all areas!
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 6:17 am

Perth people? 65317 Hi Sherilou it's a small world isn't it? We have been in Port Hedland for about 18 months now. Glad to meet someone else that has chosen Jon Armstrong....good luck and keep in touch.

Sunnie
Back to top Go down
sherilou

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Port Hedland   Perth people? EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 3:31 am

Hey Sunnie
I lived in Port Hedland last year and the year before that...I have recently moved to Perth and I have also chosen Jon Armstrong...good luck with everything...I am sure our paths would have crossed in Hedland,,,it's such a small town!!

Sheri
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 12:02 am

Hi Queenie I live in Port Hedland . I only have to do opti fast for two weeks, lucky you not having to do it : ). I had also looked at gordon Padovan and had narrowed it down to between him and Jon Armstrong when I was choosing surgeons people speak very highly of both of them. I am very excited but very nervous I find this forum so helpful it's great to meet people having the same op done.

Sunnie Perth people? 65317
Back to top Go down
Queenie
Queenie

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-01-13

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyThu 24 Mar 2011, 2:44 pm

*phew*
I do not have to do opti...my surgeon does not do it...

I am pretty damn excited!!!!

Where are you Sunnie?
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyThu 24 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

Hi Queenie I don't have to have a gastroscopy either Iwas told my my doctor that i didn't need one as I don't have indigestation.
I believe it is a tube that goes down your throat. I am seeing Jon Armstrong and am having my surgery at St Johns in Subi. Good luck your date your surgery date is getting close, are you on opti fast?

Sunnie : ) Perth people? 427584
Back to top Go down
Queenie
Queenie

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-01-13

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyThu 24 Mar 2011, 1:08 pm

Hi all
I am a south of perthite, I am having sleeve on 6th April...
What is a gastroscopy? I have not had one? Am I supposed to?
My surgeon is Dr Padavan at Mounts.
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyThu 24 Mar 2011, 8:05 am

Hi Friskybean I'm actually 1700kms out of Perth so quite a long way from everyone.
Good luck and I hope everything goes really well.

Sunnie : ) Perth people? 217555
Back to top Go down
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyWed 23 Mar 2011, 1:32 pm

welcome sunnie! Glad to hear of another perth-ite! (even though im 400kms away!) Congrats on your surgery date of may 10th! Will be here before you know it.
Kaz, good on you for starting a diary, i think it will be good to look back on later.And yes i will see how i feel post op the next day but a visit will prob be nice. Will try and hop back on here and post hopefully the next day via my phone. So will try and keep in touch. I think its great the support and knowledge from these forums, i dont know if i would have made it this far without it!
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyWed 23 Mar 2011, 2:48 am

Perth people? 446871 Hi everyone I am booked in to have my surgery on may 10th with Jon Armstrong, at St John of God it's lovely to see some other people from Perth on here.

HOpe all your surgeries go well....

Sunnie
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyWed 23 Mar 2011, 12:20 am

Hey Frisky

Well I started a diary and last night I used to get things off my chest. I so need a coffee and Im not a coffee person but today I think I will have too, to get through the day.

Yes Im having the gastroscopy at St John Murdoch bring it on. Hope all goes well have you managed to do opti?

Im thinking after they give me a date I will try to do some. Sounds a bit lame I should just start now I know.

Best of luck will be thinking of you.

cheers

kaz

If you up for a visit let me know
Back to top Go down
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptySun 20 Mar 2011, 11:52 am

Kaz, U go girl! Post some before and after pics of your new hair style! I would love some inspiration!
Good luck for your appointments on Thursday, you wont need it though, you will be fine im sure! And yes, I too have been eating everything like its my last supper! Nerves, yes i will blame it on them too, lol!
So which hospital are you having the gastroscopy done at? If its at st john of god in murdoch, you'll have to come g'day! I will be soooo bored!
Trying to think of what I can take to amuse myself. Not sure if im allowed, but might take my daughters portable dvd player and watch some movies. Will probably do some posts on here via my phone...um, ? anyone got some great idea's to kill time, i used to eat but that aint gonna happen!!
Frisky.
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptySun 20 Mar 2011, 12:46 am

Well Iv decided to go ahead and get my hair cut off. I was going to wait but not now.

My daughter has just turned 5 months old and she has learnt the art of pulling hair. goodie!

By the way I think the photo you put on the system looks good I know it not a full body shot but its still good. I on the other hand take horrible photo's.

Im off to Perth on thursday for all of my appointments I cant wait but I have noticed that Iv started put everything in my mouth. I think its nerves.

When Im having my gastrectomy you will be 1 day out of the sleeve you lucky thing.
Back to top Go down
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptySat 19 Mar 2011, 11:32 am

talking of make overs, did the deaded 'before' photos today and oh boy i need a make over!! I think i will hide these photo's away for a while until i am definately smaller! I found some tight clothes that just look really wrong!
And I think i will grow my fringe out as i will hopefully have a slimmer face later. Bought some bathers, boardies and other summer clothes today while they were all going out cheap (and before they leave the stores for some months) as im off to Bali in May and dont have any summer clothes! Not too sure what size I will be by then, but I sure wont mind wearing them loose!
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 5:43 am

Ladies you have me really excited now. I thought I would have to wait a while 4 weeks or more. I really want it done before we start seeding.

Friskybean I now what you mean about hairstyles Iv been looking for 2 weeks at different styles.

We have a make-up lady and dress consultant coming to our town to show us what we should be wearing so this should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 2:55 pm

Me neither Kylie, not bias one bit! Lol! He said I could of had the op next Thursday but a bit soon for me as I have to organize time off work and sort kids ect. Ok better head off to bed now, need lots of beauty sleep!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 10:36 am

Hi Sherilou,
I think all doctors are different, Dr Epari likes to know whats down there first and what he's dealing with before going in, which I think is a fantastic idea!
I have heard of another doctor not doing this and having to fix hernia's and taking more time and costing the patient extra that they didnt realise, so just check with your doctor about extra costs that may come with the operation.?
But all in all we all get the same outcome, nice little tummies!! (oh i cant wait for that to be seen on the outside!)
And Kaz, I too cant wait for my make over when the kilos come off! I went to buy some new shoes (which i didnt need) the other day but stayed strong thinking I will need to save for my new wardrobe! ooooooo how exciting! And even thinking about a new hair style! we gotta make sure we do some 'before' photo's!!
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 6:25 am

Hi Sherilou

I have had 2 failed lap bands. I think some doctors just do things differently.

Im currenty in the when I have this op Im going to change everything mood. From my hair through to clothes. ect.

Cant wait to have it and see the kgs come off
Back to top Go down
sherilou

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: gastroscopy   Perth people? EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 6:20 am

I am being sleeved on the 1St June (fingers crossed) by Jon Armstrong in Perth, He has not asked me to get a gastroscopy....just a barium swallow with bread...maybe it's because I've had a lapband previously. Not Sure!!

Are there any Perth Get Togethers Planned...I need some inspiration >)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Perth people? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? Empty

Back to top Go down

Perth people?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next